+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
CEC application, inland. AoR 4th April 2020.
In June got update saying Medical has passed. That reset later in August. Now today on 22nd October, they asked to redo medical exams.
My medicals have expired on August 29th this year. But when application was submitted they were valid and as I said I got email saying medical was passed.
But now they are asking to redo? Is this normal? It is putting so much stress :-(

any idea if there is any way around? :-(
I am in an almost similar state as yours.
  1. AOR - April 4th, CEC Inland
  2. Medical was valid till May 6th
  3. GCMS/Webform on Aug 27th say Pending Medical Reassessment and Biometrics (Eligibility - PASS, Security - PASS)
I subsequently gave biometrics on Oct 1 and is waiting further updates.

I would be happy to receive a medical redo request since it indicates something is moving on the file.

reza99

May 2, 2019
My medical was expired on August, have not received request for re-medical yet.

AOR 30th April, bio-5th October

is it better to do upfront medical or wait for their reply, as I heard few are getting medical extension.

blinkymila

Dec 15, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
hi everyone,

i think we’re all in the same boat with waiting and Covid. Has anyone in Vancouver postcode V6E with aor April 28th 2020 gotten a call for biometrics yet?

blinkymila

Dec 15, 2018
Job Offer........
Yes
My postcode is V7E and AOR is April 19 still waiting for the call
Thank you for your reply! We had to give biometrics at the airport in November 2019 and I have now heard mixed experiences with people having to re give them or be exempt as well. Can anyone shed light?

Lelabo Gaiac

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Thank you for your reply! We had to give biometrics at the airport in November 2019 and I have now heard mixed experiences with people having to re give them or be exempt as well. Can anyone shed light?
You will be bio exempted if you have given your biometrics in the past 10 years, otherwise IRCC will call you to make an appointment for biometrics. You can always find official details on IRCC's website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

saroya

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
My aor is April 9 2020 and I am biometrics exempted. I have called IRCC yesterday and agent said everything has passed like eligibility, medical and security. However background check is still in progress and my biometrics didn’t get updated yet. She said it has to be done by officer manually. It is so frustrating to see its in progress for more than 2 weeks now. @legalfalcon do I have to worry about it ?? Shall I order GCMS notes or wait ?? Does it happen to anyone else

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My aor is April 9 2020 and I am biometrics exempted. I have called IRCC yesterday and agent said everything has passed like eligibility, medical and security. However background check is still in progress and my biometrics didn’t get updated yet. She said it has to be done by officer manually. It is so frustrating to see its in progress for more than 2 weeks now. @legalfalcon do I have to worry about it ?? Shall I order GCMS notes or wait ?? Does it happen to anyone else
There is no need t request GCMS notes as you already know that all stages of your application are passed. You will just have to be patient and wait.

Usually biometrics are updated fairly quickly, so not sure what its taking long for your case.

San naam

Jan 29, 2017
Hi my AOR is 2nd April and havent got any call yet. Edmonton alberta.
No updates on my application since june and ircc said everything is okay so far

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
Hello guys, we have seen that not so many CoPRs are reported since few days, I was curious to know exactly how it works. Shall we expect ghost updates and site maintenance and after that do they issue CoPR in mass or they keep issuing CoPR one by one when they are done with all verification.

inasi

Sep 4, 2020
Hi guys, I called the IRCC agent and she said all stages are passed and should be getting decision soon and my file was transferred to 'local office' two days ago, does anyone know what being transferred to 'local office' means? Will it delay my final decision?