+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>>APRIL 2020 AoR Discussion<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

UK2CA

Sep 2, 2020
I'm also from HK. My PCC has been delivered on 17 July but apparently it is not opened by the officer till today (just called IRCC) due to covid. Suggest you to call IRCC to check your status on eligibility and criminality. Security check only started once they open the PCC.
Hi Christy, thanks for your input. I'll definitely contact them to get an update. A staff of the courier I used said all parcels sent to IRCC's Nova Scotia office are outsourced to another company for delivery as a bulk. I am expecting further delays given the sheer amount of mail...

asdfghj

Aug 29, 2019
I personally believe Biom group 2 will be the ones who will be exempted from biometrics, because everyone who is in biom group 2 have -
1) Given biometrics this year itself (2020)
2) Are inland applicants (FSW-inland, CEC)
3) Its a guess, but i think people in this group haven't left Canada after giving biometrics.

This means verifying the identity of biom group 2 people is easier without the biometrics as they gave it earlier and have been here in canada since then.

Disclaimer - All this is just a theory based on what I am observing.
It does make sense actually. I had given biometric in March 2020 for WP extension and My AOR is May 2020 and I am in BIOM Group 2 ....But I am not sure if biometric will be exempted..

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
I personally believe Biom group 2 will be the ones who will be exempted from biometrics, because everyone who is in biom group 2 have -
1) Given biometrics this year itself (2020)
2) Are inland applicants (FSW-inland, CEC)
3) Its a guess, but i think people in this group haven't left Canada after giving biometrics.

This means verifying the identity of biom group 2 people is easier without the biometrics as they gave it earlier and have been here in canada since then.

Disclaimer - All this is just a theory based on what I am observing.
My friends AOR is April 15.In his GCMS notes he cleared everything except criminality biometrics pending. He’s is biom 2
In his case he never gave biometrics for anything till now. And he never crossed Canadian border till now. CEC inland.

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hi all
I am an outland applicant.
AOR 26 April
Submitted upfront medical and updated in profile in June
Biometrics done 1st July
Since then there is no update in my profile.
I had also submitted my work permit application on August 12 as my work support letter was going to expire soon.
Can anyone please advise where my application standing at the moment. I am getting bit tensed now?
Thank you

aiqbal96

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
CEC Inland here. My biometric is due on Sept 15th but looks like biometric collection isn't opening anytime soon. Do I have to send them a webform saying I couldn't get it done because they are closed or is the extension thing automatic? I got the 90 day deadline when I got my BIL.

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
CEC Inland here. My biometric is due on Sept 15th but looks like biometric collection isn't opening anytime soon. Do I have to send them a webform saying I couldn't get it done because they are closed or is the extension thing automatic? I got the 90 day deadline when I got my BIL.
Extension is applied to everyone who cannot give biometrics at their nearest VAC, Service Canada and ASC (United States) due to the facility being closed beacuse of Covid. You don't need to worry, just book an appointment as soon as your nearest Service Canada opens.
But I would personally check all the Service Canada locations across Canada. I would not mind travelling to any other province in case it opens in some other province.
With the amount of people waiting for the biometrics I am sure some of us will have to travel to other locations within Canada when the biometrics services resume.

Reactions: aiqbal96

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi Christy, thanks for your input. I'll definitely contact them to get an update. A staff of the courier I used said all parcels sent to IRCC's Nova Scotia office are outsourced to another company for delivery as a bulk. I am expecting further delays given the sheer amount of mail...
That other company is DHL Express most of the time. I work with that company and if any outland applicant wants to track a document sent to IRCC I am more than happy to help you out given it was sent with DHL.

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hi all
AOR 26 April
Biometrics done 1st July
I had also submitted my work permit application on August 12 as my work support letter was going to expire soon.
Can anyone please advise where my application standing at the moment. I am getting bit tensed now?
Thank you

cck1986

May 8, 2020
What should be the ideal gap between raising GCMS notes.. My first one had only medical passed and others in progress

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What should be the ideal gap between raising GCMS notes.. My first one had only medical passed and others in progress
The GCMS notes are useful to know the eligibility stage, which usually starts after 2-3 months post AoR. If you have already requested the GCMS notes and you did not see any eligibility related note, then wait for 4-6 weeks and then request another set.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Probably best to raise a web form before requesting another set of Gcms Notes to see if there are any cues that show an update to the application. Also Gcms is usually generated in the first few days of being requested and not around the time when they are delivered. When you receive the information it's already a few weeks dated.

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Probably best to raise a web form before requesting another set of Gcms Notes to see if there are any cues that show an update to the application. Also Gcms is usually generated in the first few days of being requested and not around the time when they are delivered. When you receive the information it's already a few weeks dated.
I think it is not always generated in the first few days of the application. At least not by me; my note was generated 2-3 days before sending it to me.

Reactions: Dr Seun

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I think it is not always generated in the first few days of the application. At least not by me; my note was generated 2-3 days before sending it to me.
You can always check the date when its generated, its included in the bottom left corner of the Gcms file.

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hi all
AOR 26 April
Biometrics done 1st July
Thank you

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi all
AOR 26 April
Biometrics done 1st July
Thank you
Have your raised a web form in inquire with IRCC?