+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Apricity

Oct 25, 2018
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone! Our application was received April 30, since then we have receive AOR1, BR, SA. Just checked on the cic website and realized it has my partners current mailing address listed as an old address (fyi: my partner is Aussie applying via common-law). How or why would this happen? Not a huge deal, I'm going to change it (even if I didn't, it's a friends address in the same town he used to live in) but still... seems odd? Any other similar experiences? Cheers!

KarlUkr

Jun 14, 2019
.can you plz post what kind of letter they sent to you if possible at the time of returning application just to match.
Letter is just saying I am missing a signature
Also the date on the letter is the 11th of June Wich mean it took them 44 days to open my application. When your application was received?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Letter is just saying I am missing a signature
Also the date on the letter is the 11th of June Wich mean it took them 44 days to open my application. When your application was received?
When was your application submitted ?

Did you try reaching out to CIC about your application ?

Avm8588

Jan 13, 2019
How do you know if the forms have been updated on June first? How do we confirm which forms have been updated? Trying to refill mine out. :(

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
Well now I know why we've been waiting for so long. Our application was returned to us today and we mixed up Principle Applicant vs. Sponsor name on the 1st page of the Form 1344. Such a silly mistake but you go cross-eyes looking at these things!

Question is: If this is all they listed as the reason it was rejected, is it safe to assume they reviewed everything else? In other words, do they just stop and list the first error they find or do they list out all errors that they find?
I'm sorry your application got sent back, that sucks. Honestly, if I were you I'd go over the whole thing now and make sure you haven't made any other mistakes, and ensure that all the forms are signed etc. I don't know if they just stop after the first error or not, but probably best to be on the safe side with it!

Reactions: ets0822

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Friends,

Looking at the rate at which applications are returned back. For the new people who are yet to apply or any of your friends who are going to apply, i strongly suggest to go with a decent Attorney/Consultant who will take care of each step and see there are no such things happening.

Application being returned really frustates(because partners stay long distance) and you never know how long/how the next steps goes once you re-submit the application. As this is very IMPORTANT thing, do not hesitate to spend some extra bucks, so that you will have your process go smooth.

Good luck !

Last edited:

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi Friends,

Looking at the rate at which applications are returned back. For the new people who are yet to apply or any of your friends who are going to apply, i strongly suggest to go with a decent Attorney/Consultant who will take care of each step and see there are no such things happening.

Application being returned really frustates(because partners stay long distance) and you never know how long/how the next steps goes once you re-submit the application. As this is very IMPORTANT thing, spend some extra bucks, so that you will have your process go smooth.

Good luck !
as someone whos used a rep,

forms are pretty straight forward and this forum is very helpful. I would take a stab at it prior to getting arep

I only used one cause of time constraints

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks @swan0206. So if I understand correctly, ECAS is not updated if application is moved from Sydney to visa office (either Mississauga or local visa office).
Secondly, “we started processing your application” means they started background check?
Yes, that is what we were thinking when it said "We started processing your application" on June 11th after i have given my biometrics and Medicals. and by June 13th we got the confirmation DM. :)

Reactions: jb9419