+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Anushak

Jun 13, 2019
For a PR, you are risking rejection of your application every time you go out of the country for extended periods of time for any reason (Yes sadly even if its for the birth of a child). How long is too long is a very grey area but anything above 2-3 weeks is risking the application. Very recently, a sponsor who went for around a month resulted in their PA getting the letter from IRCC that they were not satisfied of the PR living in the country.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Can you suggest me if it's mentioned in any of the documents that I have probably filled when filing the application?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thanks a lot for the reply. Can you suggest me if it's mentioned in any of the documents that I have probably filled when filing the application?
About a PR leaving the country? It’s on the CIC official website. Link’s below.

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
Like I said its grey area but from past experiences of members, anything extended beyond 2-3 weeks is risking the application. Going away for months at a time is grounds for rejection.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

gprasanna31

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
Mumbai
Visa Office......
CPC- OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Passport Req..
01-04-2017
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi team

I introduce myself as Prasanna; and I have recently filed an application for my spouse who is in India.
Please add the details to the April-outland tracker
Application received: April 29, 2019
Application and UCI number received : June 12, 2019
Primary Applicant Country: India

Thank you in advance

Regards
Prasanna

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
About a PR leaving the country? It’s on the CIC official website. Link’s below.

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

• You’re at least 18 years old
  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
Would a job letter+car loan be enough for this? I got an offer for may 2020 for a full time job, will be leaving my current one sometime this fall to travel to india for 6months; i am citizen by birth

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Would a job letter+car loan be enough for this? I got an offer for may 2020 for a full time job, will be leaving my current one sometime this fall to travel to india for 6months; i am citizen by birth
You can live in India for six months but I would not count on just those two proofs to convince the officers of your intention to return. They are strong proofs for sure but I have seen Canadian Citizens who live abroad with their partners, submit ample proof of their intention to return at the start of the application and still get requested for more proof of intention to return at a later stage. How much proof is enough is a grey area but send as much as you can. You’ll find many threads about it on the forum.

Reactions: jb9419

KarlUkr

Jun 14, 2019
Hi team

I introduce myself as Prasanna; and I have recently filed an application for my spouse who is in India.
Please add the details to the April-outland tracker
Application received: April 29, 2019
Application and UCI number received : June 12, 2019
Primary Applicant Country: India

Thank you in advance

Regards
Prasanna
You also received AOR?? My application was also received on the 29th and no aor yet... Getting stress now

SohanaKhan

Jun 16, 2019
Hi, my principle applicant is in Bangladesh and the file is with Singapore VO for a month. AOR1, SA, AOR2, Biometrics done. The online GCKEY status confirms they don't need any additional document. When do they usually ask for the medical test, can you provide any suggestion? Thank you!

sri_ankit

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Hi, my principle applicant is in Bangladesh and the file is with Singapore VO for a month. AOR1, SA, AOR2, Biometrics done. The online GCKEY status confirms they don't need any additional document. When do they usually ask for the medical test, can you provide any suggestion? Thank you!
There is no specific timeline when they ask for Medical. Sometimes it’s immediately after SA and sometimes it could take couple of months.

Reactions: SohanaKhan