+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
My wife's ECAS status changed to DM today after a ghost update yesterday. We also got AOR2 today. Visa office is Mississauga. How long should it take to get PPR from here? We are leaving Canada on Friday and want to send them the documents before we leave

Reactions: karan sallan

karan sallan

Sep 7, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
FAM
T
My wife's ECAS status changed to DM today after a ghost update yesterday. We also got AOR2 today. Visa office is Mississauga. How long should it take to get PPR from here? We are leaving Canada on Friday and want to send them the documents before we leave
Timeline pl

karan sallan

Sep 7, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
FAM
In a week you will get passport with stamping.

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
In a week you will get passport with stamping.
thank you. here in canada they send COPR to your mailbox and that takes about two weeks after they get a copy of your passport and photos. The time I am asking about is the time between DM and PPR for Mississauga since we are flying out in two days and if it doesn't come by then then I'll have to leave the documents here with someone else to send to them. To answer your question, here's our timeline:

Application received - April 8th
AOR - April 30th
Sponsorship Approval - May 6th
Biometrics Payment Request - May 8th
Biometrics Request - May 15th
CSQ Request - May 21st
CSQ Application Received - May 24th
Biometrics Given - May 30th
CSQ AOR and CC charge - June 11th
CSQ Issued - July 31st
Medical Request - August 20th
Medical Exam - August 21st
Medical Passed - September 10th
Additional documents request - September 23rd
Additional documents request - October 17th
Additional documents request - October 29th
Ghost update - November 6th
Ghost update - December 3rd
Decision Made - December 4th

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
thank you. here in canada they send COPR to your mailbox and that takes about two weeks after they get a copy of your passport and photos. The time I am asking about is the time between DM and PPR for Mississauga since we are flying out in two days and if it doesn't come by then then I'll have to leave the documents here with someone else to send to them. To answer your question, here's our timeline:

Application received - April 8th
AOR - April 30th
Sponsorship Approval - May 6th
Biometrics Payment Request - May 8th
Biometrics Request - May 15th
CSQ Request - May 21st
CSQ Application Received - May 24th
Biometrics Given - May 30th
CSQ AOR and CC charge - June 11th
CSQ Issued - July 31st
Medical Request - August 20th
Medical Exam - August 21st
Medical Passed - September 10th
Additional documents request - September 23rd
Additional documents request - October 17th
Additional documents request - October 29th
Ghost update - November 6th
Ghost update - December 3rd
Decision Made - December 4th
And we just got the PPR!! Praise be to God

Gloria - libote

Jun 26, 2019
Hello everyone
Can someone plz tell me, is ghost update any information that's not sent to email, but only showed online when you're checking the status of your application?

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
You’ll get it by next week I guess. Don’t forget that they are the best

Faraz Khan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hello everyone
Can someone plz tell me, is ghost update any information that's not sent to email, but only showed online when you're checking the status of your application?
Yes, so far my experience according to this group says you’ll not receive anything in the mail for Ghost update. You’ll see it online in your GCKEY.
Best of luck

Gloria - libote

Jun 26, 2019
U will get something soon your timeline please
1. We received your application on February 7, 2019
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application on April 8, 2019
3. We started processing your application on April 8, 2019
4. We sent you medical instructions on July 8, 2019
5. Medical results have been received on July 17,
6. Additional documents message on October 8
7. We sent you correspondence on December 2, if you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I want to know if number 7 should be considered as a ghost update because I didn't receive any correspondence on my email?

Gloria - libote

Jun 26, 2019
Nice to hearbro but my spouse had checked but there r like
  1. We sent **** medical instructions on oct 17, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  2. We sent **** correspondence on oct18, 2019. If **** has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have **** do so as soon as possible. Please wait until **** receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required
Can you assume it bro in how many days
Will u get my medical request bc I have been waiting for one month badly after seeing those msgs
Hello
Plz tell me, did u receive an email after the second one?( the one of the correspondence ). Did they tell you what they wanted? Plz tell me because I'm in that boat right now and i have no idea what the immigration wants

abigail.l

Oct 13, 2019
Hi everyone. I applied in April as well. We are currently in process still. Here is our timeline:
I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from Mexico.

1. We received ********* application for permanent residence on April 11, 2019.
  2. We sent ******** correspondence acknowledging receipt of ************ application(s) on September 26, 2019.
  3. We started processing ************ application on July 12, 2019.
  4. We sent *************** medical instructions on May 3, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent ***************** correspondence on May 23, 2019. If *************** has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have **************** do so as soon as possible. Please wait until ****************** receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received

7. So his medical exams were received in May and the biometrics was done and received in June. Just two weeks ago we received an email asking for a photo copy of the passport bio page and to pay the right to permanent residence fee. (He lived in Canada when we was younger and got declined for refugee status under his mother 15 years ago) so they also asked for an updated criminal record from Mexico and also the IRB decision from 15 years ago as proof that he got declined. Does this sound like he is close to being approved since we payed the right to permanent resident fee and also got asked to send a copy of the passport? Please let me know. What other steps are there?
Hi everyone, I want to give my update:
October 30th we got asked to come in for a marriage interview.
November 13th we completed the marriage interview.
Our case officer said our marriage was genuine however since my husband was deported we needed to get authorization for returning to Canada (ARC) and pay a 400$ fee.
Novemeber 20th all required documents were submitted payments were paid
November 26th they said they never got my email- resubmitted.
December 4th his status changed to DECISION MADE
December 5th recieved an EMAIL asking for passport, two photos, and copy of letter (As well as an update on any changes)

We will be sending everything tomorrow and my husband will return to Canada! We have been accepted!!!! YAHOOOO.

8 month journey. I will give an update once he lands.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
What's ghost update pls??
It simply means that on GCKEY account, you see "Profile Updated" status instead of normal Submitted and when you open profile, you see no change and when you go back to main page of your GCKEY account, your profile then shows again Submitted status.

This is a Ghost update and it means that something major/critical has been completed for your file.