+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP ****

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Does anyone know, do we need to make photo cause at instructions is written to take 4 recent photographs???
If you are talking about the medical examination pictures, you do not need to provide them if you visit a panel physician who uses eMedical system (it’s a system connected to immigration office and the doctor shares all your information, pics, and results). If you choose a doctor who doesn’t use the system, then, you have to provide pics.

Reactions: LaLondon

MacWard1882

Jul 19, 2019
Hello,

The thread seems more appropriate to my question.

I have been in Canada since 2016, 2 year work visa and I am currently coming to the end of my visitor status, my Canadian spouse and I are about to apply for Spousal Sponsorship, part of the reason I had to become a visitor was we needed to wait till we'd been living together for 12 full months as a spousal couple.

Can.Gov seems to give conflicting information on my current status regarding bio-metrics. On one hand I am legally residing in Canada and so am exempt from giving biometrics but on other pages and in the forms I am requested to give them. Even though the only centers in Canada seem to be POE.

Has anyone else come across this on their inland family sponsorship?

Thankyou

Steve

Jfor Jayant

Jun 12, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have received my PR as a non-accompanying spouse. Now I would like to sponsor my wife under Family class sponsorship. My queries are -
1. Can we apply for the Visitor's visa first and then apply for Spouse sponsorship along with Open Work permit from Canada under Inland application?
2. If yes, then can my spouse stay in Canada while her PR and work permit application is under process? I mean does visitor's visa has to be extended in such case or it is implied that it is extended until the PR is under process?
3. After how much time after I land in Canada, I can apply for Spouse visitor's visa.

Thanks!!

Reactions: malaysiangirlhk

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
If you are talking about the medical examination pictures, you do not need to provide them if you visit a panel physician who uses eMedical system (it’s a system connected to immigration office and the doctor shares all your information, pics, and results). If you choose a doctor who doesn’t use the system, then, you have to provide pics.
Thank you, yes I was asking about medical exam. Sorry that I was not more clear in question, thanks again.

Reactions: Kits

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have received my PR as a non-accompanying spouse. Now I would like to sponsor my wife under Family class sponsorship. My queries are -
1. Can we apply for the Visitor's visa first and then apply for Spouse sponsorship along with Open Work permit from Canada under Inland application?
2. If yes, then can my spouse stay in Canada while her PR and work permit application is under process? I mean does visitor's visa has to be extended in such case or it is implied that it is extended until the PR is under process?
3. After how much time after I land in Canada, I can apply for Spouse visitor's visa.

Thanks!!
Yes you can obtain first visitor visa for your spouse/partner and after she comes in canada you can start your process from inland, visitor visa usually allows you to stay 6 months, but while you are in process I think you have to stay in canada with your spouse. Since you want to apply for OWP as well I think it allows you to stay as long as your work permit is valid.

Kits

Apr 7, 2019
Thank you, yes I was asking about medical exam. Sorry that I was not more clear in question, thanks again.
You’re welcome. I forgot to explain that they take your pic in the doctor’s office and they submit everything for you when they use eMedical system. The only thing that you have to provide is your passport or ID and a printed copy of the document that immigration sent it to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaLondon

LolliRay

Jul 2, 2019
For those wondering that have to go to Ottawa, the best price for your medical exam seems to be $250 cash. Multiple places offer it, just a heads up if you give up after one call :)

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Got medical request from our lawyers today, booked appointment for July 31. Seems like they are sending medical requests for person in Ontario now.

See timeline so far below:
Application Submission: April 12, 2019
Application Received: April 15, 2019
Acknowledgement of Receipt: May 28
Open Work Permit Approval: June 5
Open Work Permit Received: June 12
Medical Requested: July 18, 2019
Medical Completion:
Sponsor Eligibility Approval:
PR Approval:

Jfor Jayant

Jun 12, 2018
Yes you can obtain first visitor visa for your spouse/partner and after she comes in canada you can start your process from inland, visitor visa usually allows you to stay 6 months, but while you are in process I think you have to stay in canada with your spouse. Since you want to apply for OWP as well I think it allows you to stay as long as your work permit is valid.
Thank you!

How early I can apply for her visitor's visa once I land in Canada. Is there any cooling off time period or is it necessary that I should issue the invitation letter to her? Any criteria to issue an Invitation letter?

MacWard1882

Jul 19, 2019
Quick panic question. !! :/

I had my passport stamped while entering Canada on Feb 02nd after a week trip to the states. It has no expiration on the stamp so I assume 6 months making my visitor status obsolete August 2nd.

I am preparing to send off my PR-Common-Law sponsorship papers next week.
Will I also need to apply for another visitor visa or does the fact my PR is in process give me status???

Thanks.

Mar 6, 2019
Quick panic question. !! :/

I had my passport stamped while entering Canada on Feb 02nd after a week trip to the states. It has no expiration on the stamp so I assume 6 months making my visitor status obsolete August 2nd.

I am preparing to send off my PR-Common-Law sponsorship papers next week.
Will I also need to apply for another visitor visa or does the fact my PR is in process give me status???

Thanks.
If you apply with OWP, it makes you implied status. But if you are applying only PR, you will be out of status. I personally recommend you to apply visitor visa although you apply for OWP as well because I saw many people got their document back. If your PR and OWP documents are returned after August 2nd, you will be out of status at that time.