Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
I checked with CIC, I guess starting June 4th 2019, work permit applications are online. They asked me to withdraw current OWP application & apply fresh online.

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
I checked with CIC, I guess starting June 4th 2019, work permit applications are online. They asked me to withdraw current OWP application & apply fresh online.
I can't find any info on this, could you link it? CIC customer service is known for giving out wrong/misplaced advice. If they really were scrapping paper applications altogether for OWP (or already have) there'd be info on it on their website.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi,

Is it true that once you apply as an inland application, you cannot leave Canada until your application is finalized ?

My wife is visiting me from the USA and intends to travel to USA to see her family. She is already been here for 4+ months. I was planning to put in an application for her next week but I heard that once you submit and inland application, you cannot leave Canada.

If that is true, I might have to apply for her as an outland.

Kindly advise which stream would be better for our case, outland or inland (I was hoping she would get medical insurance while inland)

Thanks

Carlos25

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi,

Is it true that once you apply as an inland application, you cannot leave Canada until your application is finalized ?

My wife is visiting me from the USA and intends to travel to USA to see her family. She is already been here for 4+ months. I was planning to put in an application for her next week but I heard that once you submit and inland application, you cannot leave Canada.

Kindly advise which stream would be better for our case, outland or inland (I was hoping she would get medical insurance while inland)

Thanks
If she’s from the US I would say apply Outland, people from the us are processed very fast outland and she wouldn’t have any travel restrictions, If she applies inland she would have to wait until she receives her open work permit and would have to keep trips short, like a week or so.

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
Hi,

Thanks

It’s not that she can not leave, it’s that she’s not advised to take excessive trips outside Canada because
1- the condition for the inland PAs to be residing with the sponser during the processing of the application, spending six months in their home country wouldn’t be residing and the application will be rejected.
2- if anything happens and she was denied entry for any reason the application considered abandoned and you guys will need to apply Outland.

Now how likely for any of that to happen is kinda unlikely, if you search in this forum you’ll find things are a little easier for US citizens but her travel would have to be restricted eitherway.

As for an Outland app she would be free to come and go as she pleases but there won’t be an option for her to work until the application is approved, if that’s not an issue Outland might be better for you. If she wants to work in Canada maybe she can go and visit first and when she comes back you can send the application and she can wait for OWP and start working, after that short trips can be tolerable based on the experiences of other members in this forum. But it all depends on what are you willing to give up on during the process of the application.

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
Hello everyone, I sent in my application on the 17 of April my husband received an email this morning saying they have received our application and they will contact us after they review it. Can I go ahead and apply for work permit or I have to wait until they say so.am I still waiting on the AOR or this email is the AOR

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
Hello everyone, I sent in my application on the 17 of April my husband received an email this morning saying they have received our application and they will contact us after they review it. Can I go ahead and apply for work permit or I have to wait until they say so.am I still waiting on the AOR or this email is the AOR
That email is the AOR. You didn't have to wait for it, you could've sent in the work permit application with your sponsorship application and it would've gone faster. You can apply right away, make sure to pick the OPEN work permit.

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
That email is the AOR. You didn't have to wait for it, you could've sent in the work permit application with your sponsorship application and it would've gone faster. You can apply right away, make sure to pick the OPEN work permit.
Thank you for responding,only reason why I did not send in my owp application is because am out of status so I guess I have to pay the restoration fee

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
If she’s from the US I would say apply Outland, people from the us are processed very fast outland and she wouldn’t have any travel restrictions, If she applies inland she would have to wait until she receives her open work permit and would have to keep trips short, like a week or so.
She is US permanent resident (not a citizen).

by keeping trips short, you mean... as an Inland applicant ? Outland shouldn't matter right?

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
First thing pay the missing fee. Some people sent the new receipt through the web form with all of their information and it was accepted. Search in the forum and you might find those members.

Also the PR fee for inland applicants is $1040 you must’ve paid an extra for biometrics which will be refunded i guess. So I’m not sure if they could use that to cover for the missing fee but don’t count on that just pay it and send it to them and see what happens. Good luck
I have paid the Open Work Permit Holder fee online and attached to the webform and send it. I hope they include it and do not return OWP. I have however received AOR for my wife's PR Application. I hope everything goes through.