+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2019 applications

Real-Madrid

Dec 30, 2019
No I haven't. I have not received an oath email or mail invite. Only my ECAS mentions the oath.
I did receive the test invite by email. My test is tomorrow, so during the interview I will mention this to the interviewer and see what they say. I'm hoping as my ECAS says my oath is scheduled 2 days after my test that the invite is something they can give me tomorrow on test day.

I do believe that you need the official oath invite to attend the oath. If I were you I would call them again, maybe you will get a different agent on the phone. They should be able to tell you if they sent mail instead of an email. The problem is, ECAS does not show the location of the oath so how are we supposed to know where to go without the letter?!
Thanks for your response :) I talked to two different agents, one said they would put an urgent note on my application to determine the location, and one said there are other people like me, the date is there but not the location. So, I don’t really know if I’ll go to the ceremony on the 26th. It looks like the oth invitation is sent only through email and not mail...my application is in Ottawa. Where’s yours?

anyway, best of luck tomorrow. The test is fairly simple, maybe 1, 2 tricky questions...please keep us posted if you get any answers about this tomorrow. Cheers! :)

Reactions: Chevy23

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Thanks for your response :) I talked to two different agents, one said they would put an urgent note on my application to determine the location, and one said there are other people like me, the date is there but not the location. So, I don’t really know if I’ll go to the ceremony on the 26th. It looks like the oth invitation is sent only through email and not mail...my application is in Ottawa. Where’s yours?

anyway, best of luck tomorrow. The test is fairly simple, maybe 1, 2 tricky questions...please keep us posted if you get any answers about this tomorrow. Cheers! :)
Its good that they have put an urgent note on your file, hopefully you will hear back soon.
My application is in Vancouver but my test is in Parksville BC.
Have you seen this link? I just found it doing some research lol, it has the scheduled oath dates and times.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx

My time and date matches with an oath in Parksville so i'm guessing that's where it's going to be.
Thanks, i will post back tomorrow about the oath invite!

Reactions: Real-Madrid

Real-Madrid

Dec 30, 2019
Its good that they have put an urgent note on your file, hopefully you will hear back soon.
My application is in Vancouver but my test is in Parksville BC.
Have you seen this link? I just found it doing some research lol, it has the scheduled oath dates and times.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/CeremonySearch/search-recherche-eng.aspx

My time and date matches with an oath in Parksville so i'm guessing that's where it's going to be.
Thanks, i will post back tomorrow about the oath invite!
That’s fantastic. Thanks for the link. Looks like it updates weekly, and Ottawa’s next week has not posted yet :D Good luck tomorrow! Chat soon.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
No I haven't. I have not received an oath email or mail invite. Only my ECAS mentions the oath.
I did receive the test invite by email. My test is tomorrow, so during the interview I will mention this to the interviewer and see what they say. I'm hoping as my ECAS says my oath is scheduled 2 days after my test that the invite is something they can give me tomorrow on test day.

I do believe that you need the official oath invite to attend the oath. If I were you I would call them again, maybe you will get a different agent on the phone. They should be able to tell you if they sent mail instead of an email. The problem is, ECAS does not show the location of the oath so how are we supposed to know where to go without the letter?!
Hi Chevy23
Will you please share the results of your discussion with the interview officer after your test tomorrow with CPC location.. Wish you all success in test. God bless you 20/20. Waiting for your outcome tomorrow.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
@Real-Madrid @Chrisstina

Did my test and got 19/20. Definitely some tricky questions... but overall it wasn't too bad

I asked about my ECAS status and not receiving the oath invite. She said for my location this is normal. The ECAS gets updated automatically by scheduling, even if the officer doesn't email the invite at that time... she said the ECAS updates are something they are trying to update but have been told that its not that easy to change.

I was given my oath invite after the test, she had it with her, already printed with my personal information completed. She said I need to bring the oath letter with me to the oath. Attached to it is a media consent form and a prohibitions under the citizenship act form. Both of these need to be completed by me before the oath and given back to them at the oath ceremony.

Also mentioned that sometimes the email queue system is delayed and usually, if you didn't receive the invite at the test, then it will eventually come via email before the oath date.

However to me, it is strange because my oath letter is dated end of January but my ECAS says Feb 5th it was mailed :S

Oh and I was talking to some others whilst waiting for my interview and they mentioned that in busier locations like Ontario, they have friends that had the test and oath at a different location...

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you

Real-Madrid

Dec 30, 2019
@Real-Madrid @Chrisstina

Did my test and got 19/20. Definitely some tricky questions... but overall it wasn't too bad

I asked about my ECAS status and not receiving the oath invite. She said for my location this is normal. The ECAS gets updated automatically by scheduling, even if the officer doesn't email the invite at that time... she said the ECAS updates are something they are trying to update but have been told that its not that easy to change.

I was given my oath invite after the test, she had it with her, already printed with my personal information completed. She said I need to bring the oath letter with me to the oath. Attached to it is a media consent form and a prohibitions under the citizenship act form. Both of these need to be completed by me before the oath and given back to them at the oath ceremony.

Also mentioned that sometimes the email queue system is delayed and usually, if you didn't receive the invite at the test, then it will eventually come via email before the oath date.

However to me, it is strange because my oath letter is dated end of January but my ECAS says Feb 5th it was mailed :S

Oh and I was talking to some others whilst waiting for my interview and they mentioned that in busier locations like Ontario, they have friends that had the test and oath at a different location...

First of all, congratulations for passing the test and getting the invitation for the oath! :)

Thanks for taking the time and explain everything. It looks like I’m gonna have to call CIC again tomorrow and see what the response would be this time. The thing is Ottawa has 2 locations for the tests and nothing has been posted on the ceremony dates link for the next week. I saw Scarborough has all the dates even for the next week. So, not sure what’s happenning in Ottawa. Also, I’m not living in Ottawa. So, I’m gonna have to book a hotel for the day before ceremony, so I can attend it in the morning. I could just show up at the main location at 9:15 :D, but it might be just waste of time and money. I hope I get a clearer answer tomorrow.

congratulations again!! :)

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
First of all, congratulations for passing the test and getting the invitation for the oath! :)

Thanks for taking the time and explain everything. It looks like I’m gonna have to call CIC again tomorrow and see what the response would be this time. The thing is Ottawa has 2 locations for the tests and nothing has been posted on the ceremony dates link for the next week. I saw Scarborough has all the dates even for the next week. So, not sure what’s happenning in Ottawa. Also, I’m not living in Ottawa. So, I’m gonna have to book a hotel for the day before ceremony, so I can attend it in the morning. I could just show up at the main location at 9:15 :D, but it might be just waste of time and money. I hope I get a clearer answer tomorrow.

congratulations again!! :)
Thanks so much!! Our journeys are almost over! :)
Good luck on talking with CIC, I hope they can give you good information.

I was just checking the link again, I wanted to see how many oaths are happening on the same day at my location. I also checked the other locations out of curiosity... Windsor has an oath at the exact time you posted..
Is that location near you, if so I would perhaps go there on the day and bring a printout of your ECAS haha :D
Good luck again!

Real-Madrid

Dec 30, 2019
Thanks so much!! Our journeys are almost over! :)
Good luck on talking with CIC, I hope they can give you good information.

I was just checking the link again, I wanted to see how many oaths are happening on the same day at my location. I also checked the other locations out of curiosity... Windsor has an oath at the exact time you posted..
Is that location near you, if so I would perhaps go there on the day and bring a printout of your ECAS haha :D
Good luck again!
Thank you! :) I’ll keep everyone posted about this story haha. You’re right, the journey is almost over... Cheers

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
@Real-Madrid @Chrisstina

Congratulation for fast oath ceremony. Be proud Canadian.

amsunhasav

Dec 29, 2014
Hi Friends,

I am glad to share that, my ecas updated to ‘Decision made’. My citizenship exam was yesterday and documents verification as well completed yesterday.

my id in the sheet is amsunhasav

Thanks.

Real-Madrid

Dec 30, 2019
Congratulation for fast oath ceremony. Be proud Canadian.
Thank you! :) I’ll keep everyone posted about this story haha. You’re right, the journey is almost over... Cheers
Here is the update on my application. I called CIC again, and this time I was told where to show up for the ceremony!! :) apparently they can print the notice for me over there since I never received it. The waiting time is almost over!
I hope you enjoy your ceremony today! :)

almeida

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER received : 26-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU on 21/08/2015
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
15-01-2015
Med's Request
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
01/11/2015
Interview........
Waived - Decision made
Passport Req..
11/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2015
LANDED..........
ASAP in Jesus name
HI, we just received the citizenship test request date as Mar 7th at Scarborough

Reactions: hassan.elghoul

hassan.elghoul

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 September 2014
Nomination.....
17 December 2014
Med's Request
18 March 2015
Med's Done....
21 March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
31 May 2015
HI, we just received the citizenship test request date as Mar 7th at Scarborough
Awesome! Mississauga is moving faster, that means my turn is coming!

Mac0001

Feb 4, 2020
Just received the invitation to show up for test at Scarborough.
App received: April01,2019
Test invitation- Feb20,2020