India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016
Does citizenship test has True or False questions as well? The ppl who have already given the test please advice.

Thanks

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Received my Oath date yesterday, please update the tracker

App sent : April 2nd
App received: April 8th
Type of application: single
Physical presence : 1114
Test Date: 25th Feb
Oath Date: 19th March
Congrats. When did you get your invitation?

vkaushik82

Sep 13, 2014
Wonder if anyone was in this situation.....
Our oath was set on Jan 29 th, on the 28 th I was hospitalized and obviously couldn’t make the oath.
My son had to call the instances in my name and apparently it wasn’t a big deal , they just had to re schedule us.
I called a couple of days ago and they told me they just had to wait until anything came up, in other words....they need to squeeze us in somewhere else.
It’s been more than a month now , wonder how hard it is to “squeeze” 2 people in , this shouldn’t be rocket science.
Is this normal and is this just the slow turning wheel of bureaucracy? anyone else ?
I had oath ceremony scheduled on the same date at Scarborough. My father was hospitalized in India due to heart attack. I couldn’t tske oath. I sent explanation. I am waiting to get back my rescheduled invite.

olsen01

Mar 7, 2020
Ontario
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while, and am grateful for the all the information that has been shared here.

My citizenship application was received by Hamilton 2nd April 2019. I had my citizenship test on the 28th November 2019, and was told I passed and that I could expect an invitation for the oath ceremony in 2-3 months. It's been well over this now.

With regards to the information in ECAS it states "Decision Made" but provides no date for the decision. I see others have a date for this, was that date provided in ECAS?

This is what I have in the system:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 2, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 22, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 8, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 13, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 28, 2019 at 12:32 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I'm a bit worried about the lack of date for the decision, so I'm wondering if this is normal. Any thoughts?

If someone could add my data to the spreadsheet as well, that would be great. Thanks!

Lulu91

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while, and am grateful for the all the information that has been shared here.

My citizenship application was received by Hamilton 2nd April 2019. I had my citizenship test on the 28th November 2019, and was told I passed and that I could expect an invitation for the oath ceremony in 2-3 months. It's been well over this now.

With regards to the information in ECAS it states "Decision Made" but provides no date for the decision. I see others have a date for this, was that date provided in ECAS?

This is what I have in the system:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 2, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 22, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 8, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 13, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 28, 2019 at 12:32 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I'm a bit worried about the lack of date for the decision, so I'm wondering if this is normal. Any thoughts?

If someone could add my data to the spreadsheet as well, that would be great. Thanks!
Don’t worry, there is no DM update. People just check ECAS and provide the forum with an approximate date they saw their status change to “Decision Made”.

Reactions: olsen01

olsen01

Mar 7, 2020
Ontario
Don’t worry, there is no DM update. People just check ECAS and provide the forum with an approximate date they saw their status change to “Decision Made”.
Thanks!

Looking at the forums and the spreadsheet, it appears so random when applications are processed, tests are provided, and oath ceremony invites are sent. It's certainly not following the order in which people apply. Perhaps there's some system that's not obvious.

Reactions: AC1974

chica30

Mar 7, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am one of the April 2019 applicants. Unfortunately I didn't pass the test in Nov 2019 and I have been waiting for the re-exam notice. So far it's been 3.5 months but nothing yet. Here is my timeline on ECAS:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 16, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 27, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on October 31, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on November 21, 2019 at 1:02 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I've called the CIC who said everything looks normal. I also ordered ATIP notes at the end of Jan 2020, which took exactly 31 days to deliver. Below is the ASSESSMENTS summary.

Knowledge: Failed
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Parentage: <BLANK>
Adoption: <BLANK>
Armed Forces: <BLANK>
Prohibition: Not Started
Security: <BLANK>
Criminality: Passed
Waiver: <BLANK>
Misrepresentation: <BLANK>
Hearing: <BLANK>
Final: <BLANK>
Oath: Not Started
CIT Effective Date: <BLANK>
Discretionary Grant: N

It looks like nothing has been done since my failed exam. I've searched all those threads where folks failed the 1st exam, but pretty much everyone got their 2nd test invite within 8 weeks at most. The processing office of my case is Surrey, BC, which is known as the slower side but still a bit worried about my application. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Moderator can also add me to the spreadsheet, thanks guys!

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi kray1986
Congratulations on becoming Canadian, as yesterday you might have taken citizenship oath. Will you please share whether there was any fear of Coronavirus among participants or organizers. I am sure the ceremony might have been concluded with utmost zeal and happiness. without any impact of coronavirus. Kindly share how many applicants took oath along with you and at which locations.

Reactions: olsen01

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi kray1986
Congratulations on becoming Canadian, as yesterday you might have taken citizenship oath. Will you please share whether there was any fear of Coronavirus among participants or organizers. I am sure the ceremony might have been concluded with utmost zeal and happiness. without any impact of coronavirus. Kindly share how many applicants took oath along with you and at which locations.

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016
Do we have to take any stationary with us for the citizenship test? And can we take any hand bags and shoulder bags with us for the test?

Please advise
Thank you

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Do we have to take any stationary with us for the citizenship test? And can we take any hand bags and shoulder bags with us for the test?

Please advise
Thank you
No stationary required. They provide pencils to mark the answers.
You can carry bags with you. While writing the test they will ask you to keep it aside.
All the beat for the test. You will be fine.