+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>April 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Finally, Ready for Visa email received today!

VO Ottawa
AOR April 16
Medicals passed May 24
Biometrics submitted June 5
ADR October 21 - I received an email asking for documents which I presented in order to obtain my police clearance.

I had a call from the local embassy on November 11. I found it really weird because the person only asked what I presented in order to get my police certificate. I repeated the documents which I sent in response to the ADR. The lady on the phone then asked me why the date of request was different from the date of issue. (They probably compared it to my husband who had the same date of request and issue). I said because in the Philippines when your name is common, it is not unusual for someone with a similar name as you to have committed a crime. So the extra days may be for additional review by the institution issuing the police certificates to make sure that it's not you. I then provided a more updated police certificate (without them asking, just to show that I had no problem obtaining clearance).

Ordered GCMS notes three times. First arrived on June 24. Criminality passed, eligibility and security not started.

Second was on November 20. Eligibility - Required Review. Security not started. My heart sank when I read the notes saying that if my first work could not be confirmed, we would not have passed the draw when we supposedly made the cut off. It said that they could not find the address of my first employer (where I spent 3.5 years with) on open source information. The company is an internet start up that really does not indicate their physical address anywhere. So I asked for my previous manager if I could get a copy of their business registration documents and contracts of lease. I sent the additional documents immediately without them asking for it.

Third was on December 28. Same as last notes.

Asked for an update on January 8, no reply.

It's been an rollercoaster of emotions for the past 9 months. We are excited to finally plan our life in Canada. We plan on going as soon as we finish all pre-departure requirements and will be living near my sister in law in Vancouver.

All the best for those still waiting!
Congratulations!
I'm on the same boat as yours cause I have been stuck at Eligibility - Required Review stage for a long time. I submitted all requested documents regarding to the confirmation of my past employer by IRCC and there is no update as of today.

Mio_

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Finally, Ready for Visa email received today!

VO Ottawa
AOR April 16
Medicals passed May 24
Biometrics submitted June 5
ADR October 21 - I received an email asking for documents which I presented in order to obtain my police clearance.

I had a call from the local embassy on November 11. I found it really weird because the person only asked what I presented in order to get my police certificate. I repeated the documents which I sent in response to the ADR. The lady on the phone then asked me why the date of request was different from the date of issue. (They probably compared it to my husband who had the same date of request and issue). I said because in the Philippines when your name is common, it is not unusual for someone with a similar name as you to have committed a crime. So the extra days may be for additional review by the institution issuing the police certificates to make sure that it's not you. I then provided a more updated police certificate (without them asking, just to show that I had no problem obtaining clearance).

Ordered GCMS notes three times. First arrived on June 24. Criminality passed, eligibility and security not started.

Second was on November 20. Eligibility - Required Review. Security not started. My heart sank when I read the notes saying that if my first work could not be confirmed, we would not have passed the draw when we supposedly made the cut off. It said that they could not find the address of my first employer (where I spent 3.5 years with) on open source information. The company is an internet start up that really does not indicate their physical address anywhere. So I asked for my previous manager if I could get a copy of their business registration documents and contracts of lease. I sent the additional documents immediately without them asking for it.

Third was on December 28. Same as last notes.

Asked for an update on January 8, no reply.

It's been an rollercoaster of emotions for the past 9 months. We are excited to finally plan our life in Canada. We plan on going as soon as we finish all pre-departure requirements and will be living near my sister in law in Vancouver.

All the best for those still waiting!
Congratulations !

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Guys,
Just got the PPR email this afternoon, actually got an email saying that there is a message waiting in the CIC account. It was a pdf file with all the information on how to send the passport and photos to get COPR processed.

Thanks for being so helpful and comforting during the arduous wait.

Reactions: Mio_

Mio_

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Guys,
Just got the PPR email this afternoon, actually got an email saying that there is a message waiting in the CIC account. It was a pdf file with all the information on how to send the passport and photos to get COPR processed.

Thanks for being so helpful and comforting during the arduous wait.
Many congratulations !

Could you share your timelines please?

BJ007

Nov 10, 2019
Guys, Finally it's PPR. It was hell of the journey. I'd like say thank you to everyone on this forum who shared they thoughts and information. It was very helpful for me. Below there is my timeline:

Country of Residence: USA
VO: Montreal
AOR: 19-Apr-2019
Medical: 29-May
BIO: 18-Jun

Long radio silence
1st GU: 9-Jan-2020 (Eligibility passed as per IRCC agent)
2nd GU: 15-Jan-2020
PPR: 16-Jan

I didn't request GCMS notes, only called them and once inquired through web form.

I believe everyone here should receive Golden Email soon. It's just a matter of time. Good luck!

Jan2020

Jan 1, 2020
United States
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
07-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-05-2019
Guys, Finally it's PPR. It was hell of the journey. I'd like say thank you to everyone on this forum who shared they thoughts and information. It was very helpful for me. Below there is my timeline:

AOR: 19-Apr-2019
Medical: 29-May
BIO: 18-Jun

Long radio silence
1st GU: 9-Jan-2020 (Eligibility passed as per IRCC agent)
PPR: 16-Jan

I didn't request GCMS notes, only called them and once inquired through web form.

I believe everyone here should receive Golden Email soon. It's just a matter of time. Good luck!
I'm also in the US, this is very encouraging! Thanks for sharing!

Zlatanman

Jul 24, 2019
Got my BOWP finally after almost 4 months. Wonder if it’s a good sign that my PR application should also be okay. Any suggestions?

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Got my BOWP finally after almost 4 months. Wonder if it’s a good sign that my PR application should also be okay. Any suggestions?
I also got BOWP after more than 3 months but I don't think it's a good sign for our PR applications. Both applications are different and separated. However, everyone has the right to hope. :)

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Many congratulations !

Could you share your timelines please?
AOR: 18-Apr-2019
Medical: 29-May-2019
BIO: 14-Jun-2019

GCMS 1: Applied on 28-Aug-2019 and received the notes on 24-Sep-2019. Eligibility Review Required. Submitted additional documents proactively on the same day.
GCMS 2: Applied on 14-Oct-2019. No notes till date.
1st GU: 9-Jan-2020

PPR: 15-Jan-2020

Reactions: Mio_

Mio_

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
AOR: 18-Apr-2019
Medical: 29-May-2019
BIO: 14-Jun-2019
GCMS 1: Applied on 28-Aug-2019 and received the notes on 24-Sep-2019. Eligibility Review Required. Submitted additional documents proactively on the same day.
GCMS 2: Applied on 14-Oct-2019. No notes till date.
1st GU: 9-Jan-2020
PPR: 15-Jan-2020
Congratulations !

Jan2020

Jan 1, 2020
United States
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
07-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-05-2019
Greetings, I called CIC and the agent advised me eligibility is not met and that I have to wait for final correspondence. I'm assuming this is not good. I have been waiting 9 months. Any advise would be very much appreciated.

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Greetings, I called CIC and the agent advised me eligibility is not met and that I have to wait for final correspondence. I'm assuming this is not good. I have been waiting 9 months. Any advise would be very much appreciated.
It's not good to hear. You can order GCMS notes that help show you why your eligibility is not met. Or you just wait until you can get the letter from IRCC to figure out the reason.