+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I have a question and need opinions. Is it a bad idea for me to take my kids with me for my husbands oath ceremony? I really wanted us to go as a family and watch my husband take the oath and take pictures, but my friends and family are saying don’t take them they will get very tired and cranky.

Not sure what to do.. ? Should I just send my son to school and take my toddler and baby?
You can definitely take them but if they start getting cranky you'll have to leave. I would take them as it's a special day.

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
You can definitely take them but if they start getting cranky you'll have to leave. I would take them as it's a special day.

Oh yeah definitely I will have to take them out. We will try! Thanks for the reply!

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,
A quick question. My wife has not changed her last name after our marriage, Is there anyway to change her maiden name to my last name on her citizenship certificate and Canadian passport, we are going for our oath ceremony in couple of days ? Kindly advice...
TIA.
You can use certificate of marriage for the passport application name change but I think changing the citizenship certificate is more complicated.

Reactions: macwhitby

vanmanny

Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 12-2010
AOR Received.
sep-20-2010
Is there anyone here that is still waiting on a test invite. My application has been in process since July 24, 2018 and up to this date nothing has happen.
Same

vanmanny

Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 12-2010
AOR Received.
sep-20-2010
My local office is Scarbrough and in process since July 21 and got FP Requests on September 21. After that nothing......

Reactions: kidbroker

Toronto8688

Apr 6, 2018
Received test invite for Feb 23 (Saturday) ...is it normal to receive invite for Saturday?

IP since July 24 I think

How much time does it take in general from test to oath ceremony? I looked at the sheet and the range is so high (15 days to 4 months )

Last edited:

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Received test invite for Feb 23 (Saturday) ...is it normal to receive invite for Saturday?

IP since July 24 I think

How much time does it take in general from test to oath ceremony? I looked at the sheet and the range is so high (15 days to 4 months )
Congrats!! Yes, it is normal. For an estimate, look at Test dates closer to you.

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Ceremony done this morning in Scarborough. 91 people from 29 countries! Happy to be finsished this journey! Just need to apply for the passport now. Good luck to everyone still waiting and thanks to every who helped out along the way. It won't be long until everyone here is Canadian.

Mamin

Dec 4, 2018
Hello,

My mother (Age:65 years) applied for her citizenship from MILTON as per the following details:

Application Sent : 27 March 2018
Application received: 01 April 2018
Physical presence: 1490 days
AOR: April 18, 2018
IP: June 20, 2018
Test: Pending
Oath: Pending

I wonder to note that by March 2019, her application shall be completed one year and till to day she couldn’t get her test date.

Could you guys extend your helping hands for the delay of her case. In past she travels non English/ French countries and we submitted her translated passport copy with her application.

Is it because of applying from Milton which delays her case.

Which city Milton applicants file being processed?

I appreciate your feed back.

Thanking you.