+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Congrats robinhood_1984 :)
I called IRCC about the list of documents to bring with me to the ceremony (see my post above). However, their list is very ambiguous about the "original documents that support citizenship application". Can you tell us which documents did they check during your ceremony?
So far I assume the CoPR (which I've heard they do not check but I figure it doesn't hurt to bring), PR card, ID's and passport(s). Anything else that I am missing?
Thank you!
Many thanks.

I too wasn't sure what to take so I took all original documents that they had copies of, my passport, copr, drivers licence, PR card and the print outs from the pdf attached to the oath Invitation email.

All they actually wanted was the printed forms from the email, all filled in and signed and my PR card.
They took my signed forms and PR card at check in and that was it, into the auditorium for the ceremony which went on for a few hours. We were told to be there at 1:30pm but the ceremony didn't start until well after 2:30 and we got out shortly before 4:00. Though that could differ largely depending on number of applicants. There were 86 of us today.

yspylp

Nov 6, 2017
Hi All,

Greetings,

Lots of valuable information is shared in this forum. I am bit anxious and also concerned as my application is still under processing; not sure why?. Below is the status available online as on date; Request if anyone shed some light, if it is a normal processing time or is there some thing to worry?

Many Thanks,

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 25, 2018.

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hi All,

Greetings,

Lots of valuable information is shared in this forum. I am bit anxious and also concerned as my application is still under processing; not sure why?. Below is the status available online as on date; Request if anyone shed some light, if it is a normal processing time or is there some thing to worry?

Many Thanks,

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 25, 2018.
It's pretty normal. Have a look at the tracker file. There's a link to to it in the first post of this thread. IRCC states 12 month processing time for normal applications so you still have up until April to complete yours.

JamesHunt2018

May 30, 2018
Got the next line on ECAS.. No email yet. Not sure where the Oath will be. Looks like some people are in the same boat.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
Did any one get an email yet ? or any Notification ?

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Did any one get an email yet ? or any Notification ?
There are other people who also have ceremony on feb 2. Maybe you can reach out to them. Just wait till next week to see if you get any emails. If not give them a call to at least get the location.
With the current trend, it's either a system delay or they send the invitation via postal mail, which takes several weeks to be delivered. But the general consent is you can still show up without the invitation, this is confirmed by my call to the IRCC.

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
Got the next line on ECAS.. No email yet. Not sure where the Oath will be. Looks like some people are in the same boat.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.
I got exactly the same message including the date and time. Do you know your location yet?

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Huge update for me! Got our Oath invitations today! February 6th in Scarborough.

I'm so happy we are finally coming to the end of this journey. Things seem to be really speeding up since the new year.

id: bucajack
App.Type: Family of 2
Physical Presence Days: 1565
App Sent: 04-09-18
App Recd: 04-11-18
AOR: 05-15-18
In Process: 07-16-18
Test Invite: 12-28-18
Test date: 01-12-19
Decision Made ECAS: 01-13-19
Oath Letter: 01-17-19
Oath Date: 02-06-19

Last edited:

JamesHunt2018

May 30, 2018
I got exactly the same message including the date and time. Do you know your location yet?
I tried to call the IRCC but its almost impossible to get to them at this time of the day. I will keep trying though.

Does any one on this forum has location confirmation for 2nd Feb Oath in GTA ? If yes can you please share the location?

Thanks

JamesHunt2018

May 30, 2018
I was able to get hold of IRCC call center Agent and she confirmed that the Oath is set for 2nd Feb 9 AM and notification has been sent using mail (Post).

Last edited:
Reactions: bucajack

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
I tried to call the IRCC but its almost impossible to get to them at this time of the day. I will keep trying though.

Does any one on this forum has location confirmation for 2nd Feb Oath in GTA ? If yes can you please share the location?

Thanks
I talked to a few people and they said they got the location confirmation when they called IRCC. Keep in mind that you test venue and the oath ceremony might be at the same place. Some people said their test venue was Scarborough Town Center but their Oath ceremony is in different place.

Reactions: etha4u

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
I was able to get hold of IRCC call center Agent and she confirmed that the Oath is set for 2nd Feb 9 AM and notification has been sent using mail (Post).

Did you call in the morning? How long was the wait time? I had been waiting on the phone with IRCC for 40 min and then I gave up. I will try again.
What was your preferred way communication, email or regular postal mail? Mine was email. So I don't understand if they can e-mail me the test invite, why do they need to use the regular post to send me the oath invitation? Doesn't make any sense!!

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Did you call in the morning? How long was the wait time? I had been waiting on the phone with IRCC for 40 min and then I gave up. I will try again.
What was your preferred way communication, email or regular postal mail? Mine was email. So I don't understand if they can e-mail me the test invite, why do they need to use the regular post to send me the oath invitation? Doesn't make any sense!!
Honestly, just send a webform to them. They respond very quickly.

Reactions: etha4u