Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
Sure, i will keep you informed. I did my test in Scarborough. I don't think CIC will hold ceremonies on the same day at two different locations within GTA. It could be either in Mississauga or Scarborough. Does your ECAS has any information about the Location?
ya, it will be either of the locations; not both.
And no location info.

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
My ecas changed today:
We sent you a notice on January 15, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

But I didnt receive any email yet.
I got exactly the same message. Is your application in Scarborough?

tumata

Feb 19, 2013
I got exactly the same message. Is your application in Scarborough?
Yes Scarborough. But they might schedule it towards Mississauga. One of my friend also took the oath in Mississauga eventhough his file was with Scarborough. How about u?

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
Yes Scarborough. But they might schedule it towards Mississauga. One of my friend also took the oath in Mississauga eventhough his file was with Scarborough. How about u?
Ya, that's possible too.
Mine is also in Scarborough.
In my ECAS the oath invitation for Feb 2nd. So I guess both of us on the exactly same boat :)

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hi guys, it is possible to have ceremony on the same day at Scarborough and Mississauga. I looked up the ceremony by date and found this information. It is very important that you have to call them to get the location for your ceremony. In my case it is going to be held at an offsite location, which is unusual but can happen.

Last edited:

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hey man... if you can get a hold of IRCC about the oath letter, please share your experience. They also added 5th line in my ECAS to take the oath but I haven't got any email or postal mail.
It's a lady :)
I called and they gave me the location for the ceremony so you will have to give them a call. It is either a delayed email or they actually send invitation via postal mail, which would take twice as long.
They also told me one can show up at the ceremony without invitation letter.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I emailed them to the address they suggested to contact while they sent the test invite informing them that i didnt receive oath letter. Email sent on 12th they replied today; scarbough office.
It’s line 5 for me.
Jan 10 or Feb 10? Ecas Update was on Jan 10 u mean?
ECAS update line 5 showed they sent the notice on Jan 10 for me.
I wish they include the location as well.

Last edited:

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
It's a lady :)
I called and they gave me the location for the ceremony so you will have to give them a call. It is either a delayed email or they actually send invitation via postal mail, which would take twice as long.
They also told me one can show up at the ceremony without invitation letter.
My apology, Canvan14.

Thank you for your reply. Is your test location and oath location are the same one?
If we don't receive the email/postal mail of oath invitation, what are the documents will we need to bring to the oath ceremony?

Thank you once again.

Cheers

canvan14

May 8, 2014
My apology, Canvan14.

Thank you for your reply. Is your test location and oath location are the same one?
If we don't receive the email/postal mail of oath invitation, what are the documents will we need to bring to the oath ceremony?

Thank you once again.

Cheers
No it is completely different. I had my test in Scarborough and now my ceremony is going to be at an offsite location. They said if by then I don't receive any postal mail I can show up on that day as well.

This is the list:
  • (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two original pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.

Reactions: NBUNB

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
No it is completely different. I had my test in Scarborough and now my ceremony is going to be at an offsite location. They said if by then I don't receive any postal mail I can show up on that day as well.

This is the list:
  • (If available) The Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship letter,
  • Two original pieces of personal identification, one of which has your photograph and signature on it (e.g. driver’s license, health card, passport, etc.),
  • All your original documents that support your citizenship application (e.g., Immigration Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), birth certificate, etc.),
  • Your Permanent Resident card, if you have one,
  • All passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired), and
  • (Optional) A holy book of your choice, if you wish to use one to swear on for the Oath of Citizenship.
Thank you again for the wonderful explanation. I also did my test in Scarborough but I guess my oath might be in an offsite location like yours. I will bring all the necessary documents on Feb 2nd if I don't receive an email or regular mail before my oath day.

Reactions: canvan14
Jan 16, 2019
Hi everyone! Single application here.

Application Received : April 23, 2018
AOR : June 12, 2018
In Process : June 21, 2018
Test Invite : August 20, 2018
Test Date : September 5, 2018
DM : October 1, 2018
Oath Letter : TBD
Oath Date : TBD
Office : MONTREAL

Last edited:

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
I had my oath ceremony today so I'm finally a Canadian citizen! It was a great upbeat ceremony, very enjoyable.

I'd like to thank everyone else on here for their support and input in helping me and each other in the process and wish everyone else waiting the very best of luck and hopefully a speedy process from here.

I'll stick around myself just in case I can still be of help to anyone.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I had my oath ceremony today so I'm finally a Canadian citizen! It was a great upbeat ceremony, very enjoyable.

I'd like to thank everyone else on here for their support and input in helping me and each other in the process and wish everyone else waiting the very best of luck and hopefully a speedy process from here.

I'll stick around myself just in case I can still be of help to anyone.
Congrats robinhood_1984 :)
I called IRCC about the list of documents to bring with me to the ceremony (see my post above). However, their list is very ambiguous about the "original documents that support citizenship application". Can you tell us which documents did they check during your ceremony?
So far I assume the CoPR (which I've heard they do not check but I figure it doesn't hurt to bring), PR card, ID's and passport(s). Anything else that I am missing?
Thank you!

JamesHunt2018

May 30, 2018
Update : Gave test yesterday on 5th Sept 2018. Below are the details.

Test Invite: 15th August 2018
Test Date: 5th Sept 2018

Test: It was very straight forward. No trick questions. Read Discover Canada 3-4 times thoroughly ,give the online practice exams and you will be fine.

Interview: Asked very basic questions about where i work and how was the test. He mentioned that standard processing time for an application is 12 months so worst case should get an Oath date by Feb-March which is 6 months from now.

Now its just a waiting game.

Good luck every who got test dates and those who will get it soon. Do not stress too much about the test. Its very straight forward.

Got the next line on ECAS.. No email yet. Not sure where the Oath will be. Looks like some people are in the same boat.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 2, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

*Note: Citizenship and Immigration Canada does sometimes schedule events on Saturdays or Sundays.