+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

mr_b

Nov 5, 2012
Anyone from Ottawa waiting for or got the Oath invitation recently? It's been over a month since DM for me and I don't think I will get it in 2018

Tempestleo

Mar 18, 2013
Just finished the exam and interview with my wife today. Vancouver office. We both pass the exam with scores 20 and 19. After the interview we were told to wait 2-5 months. Anyone has similar experience? I heard usually they will tell you the result immediately after the interview.

nurgazik

Oct 9, 2018
Just finished the exam and interview with my wife today. Vancouver office. We both pass the exam with scores 20 and 19. After the interview we were told to wait 2-5 months. Anyone has similar experience? I heard usually they will tell you the result immediately after the interview.
Hi, congrats! What exactly did they tell you to wait for 2-5 months? The decision made or the Oath?

Tempestleo

Mar 18, 2013
Hi, congrats! What exactly did they tell you to wait for 2-5 months? The decision made or the Oath?
Thanks. They didn't mention about Oath. They didn't ask for any additional materials. I think they say they still need 2-5 months for clearance and we will be informed by email.

nurgazik

Oct 9, 2018
Thanks. They didn't mention about Oath. They didn't ask for any additional materials. I think they say they still need 2-5 months for clearance and we will be informed by email.
Did you wait for a long time for the test invite or received it relatively quickly? I've read somewhere on the forum that the sequences of steps they do during the process varies. For most test invite is closer to the end of the process, but for some, there could still be background checks etc pending

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
Anyone from Ottawa waiting for or got the Oath invitation recently? It's been over a month since DM for me and I don't think I will get it in 2018
We are from Ottawa! The process is for my
Husband only. He did his test Oct. 11 (passed 20/20) still no DM. He’s still IP. I don’t think he will get oath now. We believe maybe in January or late February.

His aunt waited 3 months for oath.

Reactions: Edogawaconan1986

Tempestleo

Mar 18, 2013
Did you wait for a long time for the test invite or received it relatively quickly? I've read somewhere on the forum that the sequences of steps they do during the process varies. For most test invite is closer to the end of the process, but for some, there could still be background checks etc pending
By comparing with the spreadsheet I think my waiting time is normal. It's slower than average but I noticed most cases from Vancouver (or BC) are slow. I am in the average time for Vancouver cases. But I haven't seen any decision made for Vancouver cases in the spreadsheet. though they all took exam very recently.

Yu2018

Nov 13, 2018
Just passed our test with my spouse in the Vancouver office today as well. We were told the same thing, wait 2-5 month for invitation letter to the OATH ceremony. Also the officer told us that Application was approved..

lifein50mm

Mar 8, 2018
Hello folks- had our test and interview on 12th Dec. Test took 5 mins, was quite easy. Interview took about 10 mins- officer was generally cross-checking our visits out of the country (we only had one visit to the US) and biographical data. Our oath is on 19th. Status changed to DM this morning.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Good Morning Everyone, Till now no test date received.We applied in April but my friend sent the application in Sept 2018 and he already did his test yesterday.So frustrating earlier applicant still has to wait.

Tempestleo

Mar 18, 2013
Just passed our test with my spouse in the Vancouver office today as well. We were told the same thing, wait 2-5 month for invitation letter to the OATH ceremony. Also the officer told us that Application was approved..
Thanks. Now I guess my case isn't that special. I noticed Vancouver cases are much slower than other places. Maybe they have a lot of files waiting for processing.

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
Thanks. Now I guess my case isn't that special. I noticed Vancouver cases are much slower than other places. Maybe they have a lot of files waiting for processing.
- 2 - 5 mo for oath invite is a long time and 1 mo more for ceremony. Is there any specific reason?