+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Goodday, please does anyone know where i can get finger print done in calgary, I stay around NW side.

I had my test/ interview today, went well & was asked to get original police certificate from Nigeria, I hope to apply online but want to know where fingerprinting can be done,

Thank you
If they asked for Police Clearance from Nigeria your best bet is do INK AND ROLL (manual paper) fingerprinting and then send it to a family member or friend in Nigeria and have the person take it to Force Headquarters (Alagbon Close Ikoyi). They will do it in a day or two (assuming there is no match). Remember to send the fees. And then have the person mail mail the Police Certificate back to you.

If you apply anyway else you'll risk having to wait a long time

obannobi

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
If they asked for Police Clearance from Nigeria your best bet is do INK AND ROLL (manual paper) fingerprinting and then send it to a family member or friend in Nigeria and have the person take it to Force Headquarters (Alagbon Close Ikoyi). They will do it in a day or two (assuming there is no match). Remember to send the fees. And then have the person mail mail the Police Certificate back to you.

Make sure also to send it with a biometric page of your Nigeria passport and 2 passport and photographs so that your time is not wasted.

Maria49

Nov 28, 2018
Hey guys just wondering if anyone here could answer my question. My mom applied for a citizenship program in may/April and she just got inventation for an interview(Calgary). Now when I got my citizenship 10 years ago I had to wait for almost a year( plus I don’t remember the process). So we weren’t planning on it coming back so quickly and she planned her winter vacation already. We’ll have to move flight which is fine but then what’s the process after the interview? Do they grant citizenship right away (if she passes) or does she have to come back again? I’m just not sure what to do with her trip since it’s 2 month long and some of the things on it are non refundable. Thanks in advance!

LABEBE

May 7, 2012

Thank you JPbless

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Spoke to the call centre today- lucky as I've been trying for a month to get through at random times. Still have to wait for Kitchener office to move through the paperwork I was told. IP since 27 July 2018. Let's see if I get an early Xmas invite....
IP July 17, Kitchener office too. Hopefully we get a Xmas Invite !

Reactions: Alanvh20181

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
What is your timeline
Mine is application sent Apr 16
AoR June 4th
In process July 26th
@Sandhun Can you also share your App type, Location, App received date, physical presence days as well to be added to the spreadsheet?

Hello. just received our test invite today for Dec 12. Also received invitation for ceremony for Dec 19 conditional on test + interview. thanks and best wishes to all
Congrats!! Updated:)

Hey Admin ,
Decision Made @ both of us @ Nov 28 2018
thanks
Congrats!! Updated:)

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hey guys just wondering if anyone here could answer my question. My mom applied for a citizenship program in may/April and she just got inventation for an interview(Calgary). Now when I got my citizenship 10 years ago I had to wait for almost a year( plus I don’t remember the process). So we weren’t planning on it coming back so quickly and she planned her winter vacation already. We’ll have to move flight which is fine but then what’s the process after the interview? Do they grant citizenship right away (if she passes) or does she have to come back again? I’m just not sure what to do with her trip since it’s 2 month long and some of the things on it are non refundable. Thanks in advance!
Actually it is good news that your mom got invitation for interview, plus it is within the processing time frame for people in Calgary. If you look at the spreadsheet for April/May applicants some people in Calgary have received invitation for test/interview, oath letters while someone has already become citizen. See Spreadsheet... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit#gid=2093304809

The process is after interview the applicant waits for decision and then (wait again) for invitation to take citizenship oath. In small cities served by visiting citizenship officers/judges test/interview and oath could be done same day. I don't think that's the case for big city Calgary. So (I believe) after the interview your mom will wait again for Decision and wait again for invitation to oath ceremony. It could take weeks to months to complete the process.

If your travelling schedule conflicts with the invitation dates then you could ask IRCC to reschedule the interview. You can do that via WEB FORM
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Be sure to state the dates your mom will not be in Canada. If possible include some travel itinerary.

Last edited:

canvan14

May 8, 2014
For those who already took the test, how long does it usually take?
This includes writing the test, interview and waiting time. Thank you!

striderx

Apr 15, 2018
Ajax
LANDED..........
06-07-2005
For those who already took the test, how long does it usually take?
This includes writing the test, interview and waiting time. Thank you![/QUOTEIt
It took me an exact 1hr for the entire test, interview and waiting time. I guess it all comes down to how soon you finish the test and the number of people waiting for the interview that day.

Carola1

Apr 29, 2018
Had the interview (no test) yesterday (Nov29) at the Scarborough office. Changed to Decision Made today.
Please update Line 51.

Reactions: Libu