+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Glad to see people's applications change to in process recently.
And for anyone waiting, it will come soon.

But does anyone have any idea of how long we wait for the next step?

Cic website just states 12 months for processing time.
And i did find a forum post where some people have been "in process" over 3 months!
From what I read on previous applicants, that will be 2/3 months till test invite after being in process. Correct me if I'm wrong ~

Reactions: Welshdazza86

scotchy007

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-07-2013
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 6, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 26, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 26, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Just got the mail at home. Fingerprint request.

Last edited:

DANBR86

May 19, 2018
From what I read on previous applicants, that will be 2/3 months till test invite after being in process. Correct me if I'm wrong ~
I think that you alright. But if we do some math in spreadsheet the average to invite is 63 to 75 days.Keep faith. We're almost there!!!!:)

Reactions: Uranus

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hi Guys

I have received my AOR today 2nd Aug. please update my application.

Regards
Hemal

Alex707

Aug 2, 2018
I sent my application in May 2018, Can anyone confirm what is the correct address for courier
•Case Processing Centre – Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 5Z2
Grant Adults
49 Dorchester Street
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 5Z2
Is there any difference between these two address.

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Hi,

Got a questions - my details below, It was already 2 month since I mailed my applications, And I still haven't received AOR. is that common? My friend send his application same day as me and got the AOR within 1 week. I hope application is not lost. No idea how to check the status, as when I call at 1-888-242-2100 - I can't contact the representative as they 'experience high volumes of calls' and then system hangs up.

id: SpaceCalgary
App.Type: SIngle
Physical Presence Days: 1,227
App Sent: March 29, 2018
App Recd: Apr 5, 2018
AOR:
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

thx
Hi,

I was in the same boat as you, mine came through after 2 months .. just like you I called and couldn't get through, and even tried to go to the website to check if I could see what was happening with my application and couldn't check that ... I am pretty sure they haven't even had a chance to look at it yet, but they will soon...Some people on the blog received their AOR after 4 months or sometimes even later... I suppose there are checks they conduct when they receive the application etc... did you get your parcel tracked or requested signature?

Either way, don't worry :):p:D

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 6, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 26, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 26, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Just got the mail at home. Fingerprint request.
Updated.

Hi admin

My application status changed to “In Progress" on July 26, please update.

Thanks!
Congrats!! Updated:)

Hi Guys

I have received my AOR today 2nd Aug. please update my application.

Regards
Hemal

I sent my application in May 2018, Can anyone confirm what is the correct address for courier
49 Dorchester Street
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 5Z2
Grant Adults
49 Dorchester Street
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 5Z2
Both address are the same.

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Kindly Update Spreadsheet for my friend:

ID : Ndy
App sent: April 24
AOR: June 25
In Process ecas: July 24

FYI : Just need to update In Process ecas. Thanks

DANBR86

May 19, 2018
49 Dorchester Street
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 5Z2
Grant Adults
49 Dorchester Street
SYDNEY, NS
B1P 5Z2
Both address are the same but pay attention!
One is for regular mail (CanadaPost) and another for courrier services (UPS, Dhl and so on). You can find the good directive in last page of CIT0002.:)

mastahbruce

Jul 17, 2018
Hi,
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 3, 2018.
The status of our application changed to In process! :):)

Reactions: Welshdazza86

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Hi,
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 3, 2018.
The status of our application changed to In process! :):)

Reactions: mastahbruce