+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Fouadi

May 15, 2018
Good morning everyone
I really hope that some one could help me with my question or someone have had a similar situation that can share with me.
I passed my citizenship test on dec 10 and passed it 20/20,then went for the interview ,everything was just fine until the officer opened my old expired passport and saw lots of arabic stamps,(i had it translated by me on an excel sheet document,all the stamps go back to a period which I clearly decalred that i was outside of Canada)he asked me about the stamps so i gave him the translation i have ,he said it had to be done by a certified translator,and that’s all what he asked for,i did send a certified translation on January 3rd,after that I didn’t hear back from them and when i check the ecas ,it is still in process.
My pr card expired in November and i am going to visit my home country in June,i have no clue when i will be called in for the oath,so now shall I renew my pr?which is another process ans another stress to add on or shall i just be patient since the cic people mentioned that the citizenship process will be done in a year(hence i am an April applicant and April 2019 will be the end of the 12 months period)
I am really confused as of what to do,any advice or answer will be highly appreciated!
Thanks

MMCanada2014

Feb 20, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-09-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2016
Good morning everyone
I really hope that some one could help me with my question or someone have had a similar situation that can share with me.
I passed my citizenship test on dec 10 and passed it 20/20,then went for the interview ,everything was just fine until the officer opened my old expired passport and saw lots of arabic stamps,(i had it translated by me on an excel sheet document,all the stamps go back to a period which I clearly decalred that i was outside of Canada)he asked me about the stamps so i gave him the translation i have ,he said it had to be done by a certified translator,and that’s all what he asked for,i did send a certified translation on January 3rd,after that I didn’t hear back from them and when i check the ecas ,it is still in process.
My pr card expired in November and i am going to visit my home country in June,i have no clue when i will be called in for the oath,so now shall I renew my pr?which is another process ans another stress to add on or shall i just be patient since the cic people mentioned that the citizenship process will be done in a year(hence i am an April applicant and April 2019 will be the end of the 12 months period)
I am really confused as of what to do,any advice or answer will be highly appreciated!
Thanks
Send them a Webform explaining your situation

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: amira041 and Fouadi

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
11-05-2014 -second medical
Med's Done....
22-11-2012 -first medical
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Sent with documents that were needed.
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
Good morning everyone
Thanks

That is so weird. My husbands passport had stamps in Arabic from going to Jordan twice but they never asked or said anything about translating them. You can email them or call them to make sure they got the paper and if they did then just wait until April 2019 if no DM by then call them back and if they said to just wait again then just renew your PR card. But then again you never know when they’ll send you oath invite. Just wait. But first make sure they got your paper and that everything looks good. When did you do the test?

Reactions: amira041

Fouadi

May 15, 2018
That is so weird. My husbands passport had stamps in Arabic from going to Jordan twice but they never asked or said anything about translating them. You can email them or call them to make sure they got the paper and if they did then just wait until April 2019 if no DM by then call them back and if they said to just wait again then just renew your PR card. But then again you never know when they’ll send you oath invite. Just wait. But first make sure they got your paper and that everything looks good. When did you do the test?
My test was done in December 10th,and Yeah one of my friends had many arabic stamps but they never asked her for any translation,my stamps were saudi with hijri calender,i guess it’s a matter of luck...i did call cic to confirm it they have received the stamps translation,the agent said there is no information in my profile about it,i’m planing to call next week to make sure they have it ,as to UPS it was handed in and a signature was done.(note that the agent told me it is not a good thing to keep calling and that each time you call they mark it on the file)
I really hope that i will get the DM soon ,because people getting invite letter in January are scheduled for an oath in march,if the DM is late ,the oath will be late too....in that case I won’t be able to leave in summer,and i will have to renew the PRC for me and my 2 kids,which is another headache and stress

Reactions: amira041

amira041

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1mars2013
Med's Done....
10january2013
Interview........
14november2013
Passport Req..
02january2014
VISA ISSUED...
8/01/2014
LANDED..........
10february2014
My test was done in December 10th,and Yeah one of my friends had many arabic stamps but they never asked her for any translation,my stamps were saudi with hijri calender,i guess it’s a matter of luck...i did call cic to confirm it they have received the stamps translation,the agent said there is no information in my profile about it,i’m planing to call next week to make sure they have it ,as to UPS it was handed in and a signature was done.(note that the agent told me it is not a good thing to keep calling and that each time you call they mark it on the file)
I really hope that i will get the DM soon ,because people getting invite letter in January are scheduled for an oath in march,if the DM is late ,the oath will be late too....in that case I won’t be able to leave in summer,and i will have to renew the PRC for me and my 2 kids,which is another headache and stress

just wait until April, and then decide what to do, i don't think is a good idea to renew your pr card ,because I hear once you do that they put on hold your citizenship application, and that's normal they ask for translation, because number in hijria is difficult to understand ,just be patient ,do your best and wait, webform is a good idea also, good luck

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014

My husband did his test October 11, 2018 and he got DM on January 22, 2018. So 14.5 weeks. I did not know that every time you call they record it on file. But what difference does it make if you constantly call? Call then again and say I just want to confirm they got the paper otherwise I will have to send another copy. They could be just slow. Are you in Mississauga?

amira041

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1mars2013
Med's Done....
10january2013
Interview........
14november2013
Passport Req..
02january2014
VISA ISSUED...
8/01/2014
LANDED..........
10february2014
hello All

I applied for citizenship back in mid April 2018 with Brampton address. I am still waiting for the test date/ invite.

1- why does Brampton address take so long (shittiest processing time), I mean everyone else seems to be almost done by now
2- any advise on what i should do, I am seriously thinking about letting it go, my whole life is on hold because of this crap.
I think because a lot of people apply for citizenship ,and they are understaff ,they can't handle all this application fast, can we do something about that ?no, we have only 3 option ,wait ,be patient, and live our life.....

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Good morning everyone
Thanks
Was the expired passport part of the eligibility period? If it is then IRCC website clearly states one must translate all the stamps that are not in English. I guess it is up to the interview officer discretion whether they want to call you out for not have the stamps translated or not. Some people get lucky, others don't.
I know it's too late now but you will have to wait. Give them a call in a couple weeks to see if they receive your translation document yet.
Best of luck!

soso23

Nov 28, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
AMMAN, JORDAN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
Hello everyone!

M’y husband just received his oath invite today for February 8 @ 8:30am.

A bit early but we’ll take anything! We are planning on going as a family with our 3 kids under 5 not sure how that will work out as our daughter is not the type to sit and calm down.

What I’ve learned is, it doesn’t matter when you will get DM, in the end you’ll get the oath invite.
Like for example many applicants got
DM after test and waited 2-3 months for oath. As for us we got DM 3 months after and oath invite after 1 week. So the best thing to do is wait. I stressed more than my husband, it was so funny.

I hope everyone the best of luck and an end to this stressful journey very soon!

Admin please update! I appreciate it :)

mira8098

Aug 7, 2015
hello All

I applied for citizenship back in mid April 2018 with Brampton address. I am still waiting for the test date/ invite.

1- why does Brampton address take so long (shittiest processing time), I mean everyone else seems to be almost done by now
2- any advise on what i should do, I am seriously thinking about letting it go, my whole life is on hold because of this crap.
I am on the same boat I applied in April 2018 from woodbridge which is close to where you are I am still waiting for the invite to do the test I talk to my MP but he is saying that i should wait until april

Reactions: ChinaB

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
On an average it is 3 months after DM or test to get an oath invite. Atleast that's what I observe with Scarborough/Toronto applicants.

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
what all documents are to be taken to the test besides passports, PR card, language proficiency certificate, drivers license, invitation test print out?

littlecanadian

Mar 2, 2018
Hello everybody,

Does anyone know how long is taking from DM/Test to Oath in Calgary? I passed my test on Nov 29, and from what I can see in the spreadsheet, they are already booking ceremonies for March 15. This would be 4 months after my test and I was told they would call me in 2-3 months.

Thank you!