+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

mohit_79

Oct 18, 2018
Prav, Congratulations . Can you please tell me did you do something regarding your job duties or they automatically gave eligibility passed as am stuck from June'18 with RR only .

Tara533

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
So today we got remedicals request and have also been asked to send updated proof of funds. Some progress at last! But very annoying as the wait time for the panel physician in our city is almost two months, so we are now scrambling to make a plan for an appointment elsewhere.
Hi
Can u plz post ur timelines
R u inland or not?

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Where in Canada are you guys going to settle or thinking of settling?
I am inland CEC...but ultimately in Vancouver, BC. Even though the cost of living is higher than compared to cities such as Montreal..It is one of the most family friendly and livable cities in entire Canada. A city surrounded by Mountains and forests, Ocean and Beach. English being the primary environment.

Cons.. Monopoly in the Auto insurance system as it is offered by only 1 primary insurance company of the government called ICBC which in turn means you shell out a lot more money than any other province as they all have private insurers. If you have a child before school age then day cares can get pretty expensive with them being anywhere between $1200 - $1500( Unless you go for shared nanny or somehow manage a government subsidized daycare which are rare and hard to come by followed by a year or 2 long waiting list). Gas prices are way higher than any other province with a gallon(or was it liter) starting at 160-170c where as provinces such as Ontario and Quebec gives it for 120-135c to as low as 108-115c during the winter months(crazy eh!).

Yes its true that there are quite a few hurdles to overcome in Vancouver but then again the Income tax is wayyyy cheaper than compared to Montreal. So you end up saving more than you do in Montreal.

It ultimately somehow adds up to being even Steven and overall as far as quality of life goes....Beautiful springs and Mesmerizing Falls...I would choose Vancouver over any other province in a heartbeat. Its cozy and comfortable.

I hope my insight gave everyone curious a bit more idea on what to expect.

Cheers!

Tara533

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
So today we got remedicals request and have also been asked to send updated proof of funds. Some progress at last! But very annoying as the wait time for the panel physician in our city is almost two months, so we are now scrambling to make a plan for an appointment elsewhere.
Are u inland applicant?

LaDavid

Oct 15, 2018
Is anyone who has passed the remedical still waiting on ppr from cic and how long has the wait been? Just trying to find out the average wait time for an update after remedical.

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Is anyone who has passed the remedical still waiting on ppr from cic and how long has the wait been? Just trying to find out the average wait time for an update after remedical.
I'm an Inland applicant (AOR April 11, 2018) and my medicals went from "passed" to "you do not need a medical exam" at the end of June. On July 3rd it was updated to "July 3, 2019 You passed the medical exam". Nothing from CIC since then.

Reactions: djangoboy

sazsaz

Jun 12, 2018
So we also today got re-medical request, but now my partner is pregnant & only due in January. So even though this we grateful for the re-meds request, our application will be delayed till next year sometime.
Same situation for us . We have to wait until the birth now.

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
Hello, April 4th CEC

I just spoke with an Agent and she told me the following:

-Eligibility passed as per the last call on June 10th, 2019
- Security passed probably around the 20th of June ( ghost update ) BGC completed! finally
What is left now it is the medicals which expired on the 24 April 2019.
Is there a pattern or a time frame from the medical expiration and eventually a request to redo them or extension?
What are your experiences about it? how long did you guys wait? 1 month,2,3....? Thanks to everyone in this forum
Do you mind I ask how long did it take you for security?