+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
You are correct. 2 weeks back there was an update where my medicals went fro passed to "You do not need a medical now". Last night there was again an update but when I looked inside nothing had changed. I called IRCC call center but the agent said nothing had changed as per the GCMS notes.

I was RR for my police certificates and they had asked me for my RCMP certificate as an ADR which I had promptly submitted last year in August.

I lost my job in Vancouver due to a mass layoff and since I was on a work permit no other company was willing to sponsor me except for 1 company in Montreal. Hence I had to take that only job and move to Montreal. I updated IRCC with that explanation and provided additional documents that verify the same including the case going on against my previous employer who did not pay us for 1 month.

Our family had to uproot everything we had in Vancouver and move over to Montreal where it took us months to settle down again. I did explain to IRCC that we have no intention of staying in Montreal due to the cold weather and requirement of French language and the higher tax rates and honestly we truly want to move back to Vancouver where all our friends are.

So much has happened over the past 1.2 years that our lives have gone through a roller coaster ride.

Each and every day I pray to God that something good comes along.

Me and my wife have reached a point where emotionally we have become numb.

I hope IRCC realizes what we have/are gone/going through and lets us know of their decision.

Its like we have been fighting a long battle solely all by ourselves and with no one on our side.

Everyday looking forward to something with some kind of hope.

First of I thank you for taking the time to explain your situation and we are totally with you, but at this point in time we don't really know what's to be done but except be at the behest of IRCC and I have raised multiple queries as well and I get the standard response.

I hope they understand people's grievances and I heard another story as well there was guy who applied for PR because his work visa was going to expire and it so happened that his work visa had expired and Ultimately for CIC to respond to his PR visa but it was taking quite a long time and meanwhile his grandfather had passed away and he was unable to return back to see his grandpa because if he leaves Canada he will not be able to re-enter Canada because his work visa had expired.

I hope cic understands these issues. It's sad

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
You are correct. 2 weeks back there was an update where my medicals went fro passed to "You do not need a medical now". Last night there was again an update but when I looked inside nothing had changed. I called IRCC call center but the agent said nothing had changed as per the GCMS notes.

I was RR for my police certificates and they had asked me for my RCMP certificate as an ADR which I had promptly submitted last year in August.

I lost my job in Vancouver due to a mass layoff and since I was on a work permit no other company was willing to sponsor me except for 1 company in Montreal. Hence I had to take that only job and move to Montreal. I updated IRCC with that explanation and provided additional documents that verify the same including the case going on against my previous employer who did not pay us for 1 month.

Our family had to uproot everything we had in Vancouver and move over to Montreal where it took us months to settle down again. I did explain to IRCC that we have no intention of staying in Montreal due to the cold weather and requirement of French language and the higher tax rates and honestly we truly want to move back to Vancouver where all our friends are.

So much has happened over the past 1.2 years that our lives have gone through a roller coaster ride.

Each and every day I pray to God that something good comes along.

Me and my wife have reached a point where emotionally we have become numb.

I hope IRCC realizes what we have/are gone/going through and lets us know of their decision.

Its like we have been fighting a long battle solely all by ourselves and with no one on our side.

Everyday looking forward to something with some kind of hope.
Joe what I meant was when you said you received an update two weeks ago did you receive an update via email as well or did you find out via random profile checks ?

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Joe what I meant was when you said you received an update two weeks ago did you receive an update via email as well or did you find out via random profile checks ?
It was a random profile check...I saw on this forum quiet a few people got an update regarding their medicals and so I checked as well and found out that I too had an update... So far I have never received any email pertaining to any form of online profile update(s).

Reactions: djangoboy

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
It was a random profile check...I saw on this forum quiet a few people got an update regarding their medicals and so I checked as well and found out that I too had an update... So far I have never received any email pertaining to any form of online profile update(s).
Alright Joe, this seems quite different as some people receive an email when there is an update and other get to notice them unexpectedly on CIC account.

You should be having good news in the coming days. Don't worry at all.

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Alright Joe, this seems quite different as some people receive an email when there is an update and other get to notice them unexpectedly on CIC account.

You should be having good news in the coming days. Don't worry at all.
Thank you for the kind words.. I wish everyone here waiting for an answer gets their positive results soon. Each and everyone here is a soldier of patience. I wish the fight gets over soon for all of us.

BonjourCA

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Hi,

I have just called CIC as last week I had an update, my additional documents status went from we are reviewing to not applicable. The agent on the phone told me that security and eligibility were passed last week (criminality was passed in Aug 2018). He told me that it is the last step but maybe I will have to redo the medical or it will be extended.

I was in Eligibility review required for the past 14 months.
CEC AOR 11 April 2018
VO Sydney NS

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hi,

I have just called CIC as last week I had an update, my additional documents status went from we are reviewing to not applicable. The agent on the phone told me that security and eligibility were passed last week (criminality was passed in Aug 2018). He told me that it is the last step but maybe I will have to redo the medical or it will be extended.

CEC AOR 11 April 2018
VO Sydney NS
Congratulations...Seems like you should receive an update anytime soon.

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Hi,

CEC AOR 11 April 2018
VO Sydney NS
what exactly was under reviewing?

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hi,

CEC AOR 11 April 2018
VO Sydney NS
Thanks for sharing your experience. It gives all of us hope. You deserve every bit of it. I hope you get through this soon. Just trust yourself and stay strong.

Reactions: BonjourCA

sambid

Aug 13, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I checked my profile tonight and it seems like I got a ghost update.. The profile said updated or something like that.. But when I checked inside nothing had changed besides the last update from a week or two back where the medicals went from passed to you do not need a medical now. What does this mean? Honestly does it even mean anything?
Even I received update in my profile yesterday (no email..only account update). When I checked the message, it showed medical passed.
I had received re-medical request on 7th Jun 2019

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Just received another update on my IRCC account online...Opened it today to see profile updated... The additional documents section went from "The additional documents you provided has been uploaded" to "Not applicable".

This ADR section update changed 11 months after uploading the additional documents.

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
Just received another update on my IRCC account online...Opened it today to see profile updated... The additional documents section went from "The additional documents you provided has been uploaded" to "Not applicable".

This ADR section update changed 11 months after uploading the additional documents.
I guess you might have cleared eligibility. The same happened to me end of May. My ADR changed to NA. I am right now waiting for my medical to get extended. My medical status changed on June 5th to you do not need a medical examination. Called CIC told me they have requested for extension and waiting for that. Not sure how long that is going to take.