RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hi,

Yesterday, I had an appointment with the assistant of my MP, not sure if it will help my case... She told me that she will contact CIC and come back to me within 2 weeks.
Almost 13 months post-AOR. Currently under BOWP until July 29th 2019..
It depends on your MP's office and the person handling your case. MP' office has the ability to directly get in touch with IRCC officers and understand the situation (not in whole) but atleast more than what we/lawyers can get from call center agents or GCMS notes.

What I mean by it depends is that there are people in the MP's office who would make an official inquiry for the sake of making one and what ever the officer says would update the applicant regarding that.

And there are these genuinely good heart people who would call the visa officer and understand the reasoning behind the delay, follow up constantly with them and fight for you till you get a decision.

So really it depends on who you talk to in the MP's office and how you convey your message to them.

I my case I went to the MP when my 6 months were completed and the person there called IRCC and told me that it is under processing. After I completed a year the same person, remembered me and my application and took it onto themselves to enquire IRCC on my behalf without me asking for it and has ever since been giving me updates every 3 weeks or so.

I hope you find what you are looking for. Do not give up. Fight for your right!

dungranimahesh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
I ordered my GCMS notes last month and got them day before yesterday and forwarded it to my Lawyers yesterday. The feedback I got was that my file basically has been sitting idle since the last 9 months after I got a request for RCMP fingerprints last July 2018. Waiting to be reviewed by someone.

Legally IRCC cannot keep an applicant waiting with undue delay. IRCC is doing so. There is no security screening started on my profile. Neither has there been any more ADR required. It had actually just been sitting without any delays and this information is coming from a Lawyer seeing the GCMS notes and not me personally.

I am beyond livid!!! 13 months of our lives gone just like that. It is true that due to this reason I have all the right as a CEC applicant to file a case against IRCC to the tribunal branch court. But my lawyer also warned me that it might just open a flood gate for all waiting applicants legally against IRCC.

The Federal elections are coming soon. I wonder if the Liberal parties can handle another negative news like this after the SNC Lavalin case that is going on against them if now a news that them, the Liberal Party who is all for immigration, is actually keeping applicants waiting for so many months and not meeting the laws set by the government where a visa officer can not unduly delay an application by making them sit.

I have a good mind to go to CBC with this information!

I am 100% sure that all the applicants waiting so far are in the exact same boat as mine(Unless they actually are in security screening).
I am in same boat bro. its been close to 13 months now and no update on my application.

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
It depends on your MP's office and the person handling your case. MP' office has the ability to directly get in touch with IRCC officers and understand the situation (not in whole) but atleast more than what we/lawyers can get from call center agents or GCMS notes.

What I mean by it depends is that there are people in the MP's office who would make an official inquiry for the sake of making one and what ever the officer says would update the applicant regarding that.

And there are these genuinely good heart people who would call the visa officer and understand the reasoning behind the delay, follow up constantly with them and fight for you till you get a decision.

So really it depends on who you talk to in the MP's office and how you convey your message to them.

I my case I went to the MP when my 6 months were completed and the person there called IRCC and told me that it is under processing. After I completed a year the same person, remembered me and my application and took it onto themselves to enquire IRCC on my behalf without me asking for it and has ever since been giving me updates every 3 weeks or so.

I hope you find what you are looking for. Do not give up. Fight for your right!
The MP I contacted just gives me the same response from IRCC that I get through webform. Even after 12 weeks when I asked the MP's office to inquire on my behalf again, they were not ready to do. They kept telling me that contacting them again n again will have negative impact. So now I stopped contacting MP's office, as its of no use requesting them.

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
The MP I contacted just gives me the same response from IRCC that I get through webform. Even after 12 weeks when I asked the MP's office to inquire on my behalf again, they were not ready to do. They kept telling me that contacting them again n again will have negative impact. So now I stopped contacting MP's office, as its of no use requesting them.
Thats really sad.. That is what I was mentioning in my previous posts about how and why various MP's offices vary from one person to the other.

Reactions: minhajunnisa.cse

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
The same happened to me. The person in the MP office (Adam Vaughn) did not do any effort to get additional or useful information. I quit asking for their support.

Vik_Ig

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
I ordered my GCMS notes last month and got them day before yesterday and forwarded it to my Lawyers yesterday. The feedback I got was that my file basically has been sitting idle since the last 9 months after I got a request for RCMP fingerprints last July 2018. Waiting to be reviewed by someone.

Legally IRCC cannot keep an applicant waiting with undue delay. IRCC is doing so. There is no security screening started on my profile. Neither has there been any more ADR required. It had actually just been sitting without any delays and this information is coming from a Lawyer seeing the GCMS notes and not me personally.

I am beyond livid!!! 13 months of our lives gone just like that. It is true that due to this reason I have all the right as a CEC applicant to file a case against IRCC to the tribunal branch court. But my lawyer also warned me that it might just open a flood gate for all waiting applicants legally against IRCC.

The Federal elections are coming soon. I wonder if the Liberal parties can handle another negative news like this after the SNC Lavalin case that is going on against them if now a news that them, the Liberal Party who is all for immigration, is actually keeping applicants waiting for so many months and not meeting the laws set by the government where a visa officer can not unduly delay an application by making them sit.

I have a good mind to go to CBC with this information!

I am 100% sure that all the applicants waiting so far are in the exact same boat as mine(Unless they actually are in security screening).
I actually have the similar situation as my notes are not showing any concerning, just file is not being processed!

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I just spoke with an agent. She said that there is nothing wrong with my application and everything is in order, however, because my application is awaiting the review of an agent from Sidney CIO, it is not worth to call or ask for updates through the webform. She said that there are many like me and the only thing that I can do is waiting for updates. 405 days since Aor and counting.

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
I just spoke with an agent. She said that there is nothing wrong with my application and everything is in order, however, because my application is awaiting the review of an agent from Sidney CIO, it is not worth to call or ask for updates through the webform. She said that there are many like me and the only thing that I can do is waiting for updates. 405 days since Aor and counting.
I also just received the following email:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Reactions: Coldstar

Vik_Ig

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Hi everyone, does anyone know how long is background check on average? That's the only thing that is still in progress for me. I also called IRCC and received the same answer that my file is in Sydney and is in queue for a review, 402 days of processing:(

Reactions: Coldstar

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Here is what I recently found out.

AOR - 9th April
ADR for RCMP - 25th of July 2018.
ADR for RCMP uploaded to my CIC account - 7th of August 2018.

Eligibility - Recommended Passed.
Security - Not started.

Sydney Nova Scotia.

Since then nothing.

Ordered GCMS notes and received them May 3rd 2019.
Called MP's office in April 2019 after completion of 1 year.
Received a response saying file is in queue to be reviewed by an officer in due course.

GCMS notes showed no progress was made on file since August 2018 and has been idle for the last 10 months.

Called MP's office again after completion of 1 year and 1 month.
This time after the MP's office contacted the ministers office they came back saying that they could not locate the RCMP certificate.
Checked GCMS notes. It showed IRCC received same DOCID number based RCMP certificate on the 7th of August 2018.
It expired after 6 months this January 2019.
Called RCMP to clarify whether they were supposed to send a copy to IRCC or not. They mentioned that as per the request letter from IRCC sent to me I was responsible to upload the certificate to my IRCC online account which I had done.

Called back the MP's office next working and sent an email to them as well with all the supporting document proof's of me following the correct process. They are now investigating the matter.

MP's office said"This has all been a huge mishap"

My question to him was one day they say file is waiting to be reviewed..the next day they say missing the RCMP report.. What is it that they want?

IRCC never contacted me with any more additional requests. The call center agents everytime said that all seems good on file, background check is going on...Which clearly from the GCMS notes appear that it is not! Security not even started.

Frankly how can a government organization be so dis organized?

Reactions: aaa007 and annevn8

aaa007

Apr 17, 2019
Man, I feel the pain. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do. Because no. of applicants in our situation is so low that this does not even make any difference to their department. Unfortunately, we are stuck in this and we will have to suck it up and wait. I did seek professional advice and they also told me that at this time there is not much they can do. I would say just follow up with ircc through web form every week. Also, every time you message them at the end do mention " to let you know if they need any additional documents or information to assist your case" just to cover your end.

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
How many people are still waiting for PPR? Would you all like to have a whatsapp group for the remaining applicants for April 2018?

BonjourCA

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
How many people are still waiting for PPR? Would you all like to have a whatsapp group for the remaining applicants for April 2018?
Still waiting as well... 400 days post aor today....