+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Maybe it’s my VO which is Etobicoke. At the top of the PPR request has a note from processing VO office and that is where they explicitly stated that in my letter. I believe it varies from VO to VO. Oh and below is the usual passport request but the note indicate that all date should be followed once the primary applicant becomes permanent resident
Oh okay because for me it says at the top we are ready for your visa and that submit within 30 days of this letter issuance

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
As said by @tbn2k18 , Planning for Canada sessions are must attend for every immigrant. They can be attended after obtaining PPR e-mail.
Please attend them few months (around 2 months) before your departure. These are pre-arrival services provided, at no charge.

Please register using the link: https://2register.planningforcanada.ca/register/index.php
You will be asked to provide a copy of your PPR e-mail.

The reviews on these sessions can be read on the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/PlanningforCanadaIndiaCIIP/

I believe, many applicants are unaware of this, hence they do not attend these sessions.
Please share it and spread it to as many as possible PPR candidates

m9up1

Apr 3, 2018
Hello, my AOR was on April 5, 2018, Medicals passed in 2 weeks, and from then onwards there has been no update. I am waiting indefinitely. I have tried multiple things like calling IRCC, ordering GCMS notes (in which there is nothing like Review Required and all seems good), submitting Web Forms, sending emails to Ottawa Visa Office. Every time I get the usual generic response from them that they are processing my application and the case officer will contact me in case any additional documents are required. I involved local MP as well but nothing moved ahead.

Is anyone in the same scenario here? My medicals would expire in March and I am afraid they might ask me to get it done again (coz of their unnecessary delay). I am sure that my file is just collecting dust and IRCC is not being honest in sending updates or processing the file. My profile is simple with no long travel history and work experience of only 1 company. Can someone let me know what I can do in this scenario? In there anyone whom I can contact?
Hi minhajunnisa
Yes I am also in the same boat, I applied through an agent, infact they are also not helping out in understanding what is actually causing the delay and in about a few weeks my medicals will also expire. Just frustrated at this point.

Last edited:

m9up1

Apr 3, 2018
In the GCMS notes on Page 2, check what mentioned in Security. Is it Blank or Not Started
In ACTIVITY section, Check ACTIVITY 1-5 and see if your first 3 or 4 activities are blank followed by the 5 one as security ?
Hi bimale4bipeople,

I am in the same situation as minhajunnisa.cse and got my GCMS recently , checked the notes as you had indicated,
In Page 2 the Security is blank and Activity 1- 5 is also blank with Just my spouse name filled in the Name section.
And my agent told me that my application appears to be on Hold. What should I actually expect is that CIC did not update my file or my application might actually be not getting processed at the moment. I am not sure what I can do next in this scenario.
any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

linda85

Jun 20, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
Doc's Request.
23-06-2018
AOR Received.
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
21-06-2018
.........FINALLY............
Received the request for an interview for PR confirmation and guess what on valentines day :D
Congratulations im truly happy for you:rolleyes:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi bimale4bipeople,

I am in the same situation as minhajunnisa.cse and got my GCMS recently , checked the notes as you had indicated,
In Page 2 the Security is blank and Activity 1- 5 is also blank with Just my spouse name filled in the Name section.
And my agent told me that my application appears to be on Hold. What should I actually expect is that CIC did not update my file or my application might actually be not getting processed at the moment. I am not sure what I can do next in this scenario.
any help is appreciated. Thanks.
What I now understand that SS is getting processed a lot faster(6-12 months) than what we anticipated earlier(9-12 months).
Technically SS would have started around the same time your eligibility was passed. During this phase, one cannot do other than wait for the process to be completed. I was calling IRCC every month to follow-up on the application.
Next time if you speak to the agent, please ask them to write an internal note to there colleagues to request for info on the file. You can tell them since your application has passed the normal processing time, them contacting internally will be helpful.

I kept calling them like I said every month, then in December (see below), I spoke to a very helpful agent and he wrote the below to the Calgary IRCC(Primary VO). This triggered the chain of event which lead to the officer release the information that SS is completed and the file getting approved etc... I think the Calgary office was sitting on the SS report from CBSA for months(I could be wrong here, just my gut felling).

pavelksg

Jun 13, 2018
Hey, guys, thank you all for keeping this thread alive and sharing your updates. This has been very helpful for me.

I will post my update here and hope it can also be useful for someone.

AOR: 23rd April 2018, I ordered GCMS notes twice and the last one came in after October 23rd (an internal deadline for application according to my online profile)
Eligibility: Passed
Security: <empty, with s.15(1) sign which means security in process or passed according to this>
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

The Notes section at the end of GCMS notes shows a smooth process, no "review required" or anything like that. The office is Ottawa.
On Feb 13th I received 4 messages (according to the number of people in my family) for a new medical exam and that I should complete it within 30 days (form IMM1017E). The status of the medical exam in the online profile has changed from "Passed" to "We requested medical exam". Some people on the forum say that it means PPR is soon after the submission (e.g. this message #2215).

Has anyone of you who have been waiting since April 2018 had a similar request? The earliest panel GP appointment in on 12th of March, and it seems to be pretty tight. Should I be worried at all for the timelines?

Perhaps @legalfalcon has a better view on this?

In addition to all that I submitted a new passport for my daughter as the previous one expires less than 6 months from now and it will be difficult to travel. Hope this won't delay my profile.

Jan 2, 2015
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2018
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Med's Done....
21-04-2018
Passport Req..
15-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2019
Hello guys,
I have received my PPR mail today. It came in the form of email and was not updated in my profile. I have been a silent reader of this group mostly. My case probably went into security screening due to my extensive travel history over 70 countries, however despite that, they are able to do it quite quick as per my expectation. I actually put off my concentration from this process and continued my things here in India. As soon as i did that, the mail came.
I want to thank all members of this group, specially @bimale4bipeople @legalfalcon

I wish you all all the best. The patience will pay for all.

My timeline
FSW-Outland
AOR: 19th, April ,2018
IP2: End of August 218
VO- Ottawa
PPR- 15th feb 2019
NOC: 2274
Probably will land in mid March

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello guys,
I have received my PPR mail today. It came in the form of email and was not updated in my profile. I have been a silent reader of this group mostly. My case probably went into security screening due to my extensive travel history over 70 countries, however despite that, they are able to do it quite quick as per my expectation. I actually put off my concentration from this process and continued my things here in India. As soon as i did that, the mail came.
I want to thank all members of this group, specially @bimale4bipeople @legalfalcon

I wish you all all the best. The patience will pay for all.

My timeline
FSW-Outland
AOR: 19th, April ,2018
IP2: End of August 218
VO- Ottawa
PPR- 15th feb 2019
NOC: 2274
Probably will land in mid March
Many congratulations my friend

Reactions: amandeepsohi84

ssabin

Jan 21, 2019
AOR April 16, status remains "eligibility under review" since Oct, speechless and desperate. Who can help me???

pavelksg

Jun 13, 2018
AOR April 16, status remains "eligibility under review" since Oct, speechless and desperate. Who can help me???
I recommend that you order GCMS notes if you haven't done so. If you already have them, please share what you have in the NOTES section towards the end of the PDF file.