+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
this is not good...as per these notes they have considered your canadian education as 1 yr and you have claimed points for more. i would suggest raise a CSE and explain how your education is for more than 1 yr with detailed proofs else this might lead to rejection.
@ageg95 , Do you know what is EDOC#212085601, in case, yes, please post it after removing your application's personal details.
Do FSW-I applicants too have to, go for Educational Credentials Assessment, if yes, then what is the Canadian equivalence of education in your case (in terms of number of years and Degree)

@bimale4bipeople , please guide

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Here's the screenshot of this part of the GCMS.

@bimale4bipeople if you can look at this and advice, I'd be grateful
There only concern is with your Canadian education, because of which they are able to verify a score of 431 instead of 446... As you have provided explanation the case officer would review it further and take a call... other than that at the moment i dont see any other concern at least in your notes...
I hope you have provided concrete explanation for it ?

gurpidesa

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hey Everyone! How's the Etobicoke IRCC visa office in terms of application processing time? My case was transferred there sometime back.

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
IRCC's workload distribution is a shambles, people in March are still waiting for a decision on their applications while people in May are getting PPRs...

Reactions: Rijo02

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
IRCC's workload distribution is a shambles, people in March are still waiting for a decision on their applications while people in May are getting PPRs...
I've tried calling them (within Canada) 9 times now today. Every time I get the "high volume of calls" message played. CSEs through the webform typically get a response after 15-20 days.

With urgent enquiries, how are we even supposed to get in touch with someone that can help? They're seriously understaffed at IRCC.

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hey Everyone! How's the Etobicoke IRCC visa office in terms of application processing time? My case was transferred there sometime back.
As per observation on the forum its pretty quick..However you would get an interview date instead of a PPR mail.

ageg95

Star Member
May 17, 2017
@ageg95 , Do you know what is EDOC#212085601, in case, yes, please post it after removing your application's personal details.
Do FSW-I applicants too have to, go for Educational Credentials Assessment, if yes, then what is the Canadian equivalence of education in your case (in terms of number of years and Degree)

@bimale4bipeople , please guide
The issue is that I studied at a Canadian university for a 4-year bachelor's program, the first three of these 4 years were done at a remote campus in Cairo. But still under the same university. the only degree I received was this Canadian degree and it's a public university here. What the officer did is that they counted it as a one-year study in Canada program which gives less point than a Canadian bachelor's degree.

I'm thinking I should use the contact form to send a letter from the university explaining the program and the fact that the degree is obtained from Canada. @bimale4bipeople Any thoughts?

Reactions: tobs

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
The issue is that I studied at a Canadian university for a 4-year bachelor's program, the first three of these 4 years were done at a remote campus in Cairo. But still under the same university. the only degree I received was this Canadian degree and it's a public university here. What the officer did is that they counted it as a one-year study in Canada program which gives less point than a Canadian bachelor's degree.

I'm thinking I should use the contact form to send a letter from the university explaining the program and the fact that the degree is obtained from Canada. @bimale4bipeople Any thoughts?
Officer has correctly assessed your Bachelors degree. As you have studied more than 50% of your course as distance learning you are not entitled for Canadian study points. Read below-

"If it is determined that the applicant obtained more than 50 percent of their education via distance learning, the applicant should not be awarded additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for having a Canadian education credential. If the reduction in CRS points results in the applicant having a score below the minimum CRS, the application should be refused per A11.2"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Please check "Proof of Studies" section

SKTUN2018

Jan 5, 2018
you are 100% rigth dear ... its a useless ... london VO PPRs are still on hold however ottawa is releasing PPR .

Neha255

May 22, 2018
Hello all .... it’s really unbelievable..
ITS PPR ....!!!!! Finally ...!!
My timeline..

ITA .. 7 April
AOR .. 27 April
Med passed .. 9 may
ADR. ,... 16 may
Adr upload... 22 may
Adr not applicable... 26 may
Gcms applied .. 13 july
Received. ... 15 august
Gcms applied again. .. 30 August
Ip2. ... 8 September
PPR. ... 11 September 4:08pm EST

Now is the time to THANK YOU ALL the forum members who devoted their crucial time to help me n shared their experiences with me .. it has been a tremendous opportunity to be with u guys n make my ppr journey so easy n knowledgeable.

Special thanks to @bimale4bipeople , @Neha255 , @Toronto2018 , @write2rtd ,
@tbn2k18 , @zagcollins , @Emmemm07 , @strikeharsh , @smcan2014 , and of course @legalfalcon ....(sorry if I forget anyone)

I would like to share one of my experience with all of you who r waiting for this golden time .... my file was actually ignored after it was moved to ottawa office by cio on 30 may .. i got to know this after I recieved my gcms on 15 august..
i was going through the forum on 30 august n saw the timeline of one of the members that he/she got the application approved within 10 days of applying 2nd gcms whereas earlier it showed in the notes that even eligibility was not finalised n security was not started..
Mine also said the same on 30 august when I called ircc.. so I decided to order gcms again .. and i did it on the same day .. the result is all positive.. i got my application processed within 10 days ..
Applying GCMS helped in my case

Good luck to all my friends.. hope u guys get ppr soon
Amazing news paaji!!!! Congratulations to you n your family!! Very happy for you, finally wait is over, ab shopping karni karo start joro se

Reactions: Hsingh13

Neha255

May 22, 2018
Thank you bhaji .. really eh tan balle balle wali gal hai .. and of course we will attend the party together.. but i think @Neha255 is busy working these days .. so we will have to plan all the arrangements... lol

Haha sure sure, nahi party toh hongi bilkul
Are na aaisa kuch ni busy toh hain work n all but chalta rehta hain , sab milke karenge planning but mera bhi ppr ane do fir na abhi toh wait hi chal raha

Reactions: Hsingh13

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
this is not good...as per these notes they have considered your canadian education as 1 yr and you have claimed points for more. i would suggest raise a CSE and explain how your education is for more than 1 yr with detailed proofs else this might lead to rejection.

Visa officer awarded you education points for Bachelor's degree not one year degree. What happened here is, VO reduced 15 Canadian study points which an applicant can claim if he/she studies in Canada. But it need to meet the condition I have mentioned in my previous post. That is why your reassessed score is 431 which is 15 points less than 446. It is really sad that you don't meet the condition even though you have studied full one year in Canada.