+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Nialll

Jul 20, 2018
Guys, I have a serious problem. Immigration officer wants to refuse my case. The reason for that is my IMM 5406 (family information form). I don't have a father so there is a blank space in my birth certificate but they still want me to provide father info. That's what I've received from CIC a few days ago:

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
I have requested you to provide additional family information regarding your biological father.
I note that you have provided information birth certificate that shows blank fields about your father.
I have already given you an opportunity to provide explanation regarding this matter via request letter.
Having reviewed your response, I am not satisfied that you are providing me with all the necessary information required to process your application.

Father left my mom even before I was born so the possibility of finding him is something around zero percent. What should I do? Hire a lawyer? Or give up with the whole immigration plan? I'd appreciate any help. More information in this thread. Thanks in advance.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/no-fathers-name-in-birth-certificate-cic-wants-to-decline-my-case-during-after-3-months-in-ip1.575342/
Did you upload a letter of explanation with your file? I've something similar where the surname on my birth cert is different to the surname on my passport as I don't know my father and was adopted. When I was submitting my pr app I uploaded a letter to explain this. I haven't gotten ppr/copr yet but my eligibility is recommend passed (I don't know if this is the stage they'd check that) but I haven't had any requests yet to submit additional docs. AOR 7th of April.

Ridge

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
RF
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Did you upload a letter of explanation with your file? I've something similar where the surname on my birth cert is different to the surname on my passport as I don't know my father and was adopted. When I was submitting my pr app I uploaded a letter to explain this. I haven't gotten ppr/copr yet but my eligibility is recommend passed (I don't know if this is the stage they'd check that) but I haven't had any requests yet to submit additional docs. AOR 7th of April.
Yep, I've uploaded LoE regarding my situation but it seems that this officer doesn't care. It looks like: "You don't have a father? Canada is not for you. Stay at home and chill out." I live in a VERY aggressive society (Russia) and I was bullied for not having a father whole my life. If I'm eligible for immigration on my own but I can't migrate due to my family situation. Well. That's bullshit and this fact offends me a lot.

Nialll

Jul 20, 2018
Yep, I've uploaded LoE regarding my situation but it seems that this officer doesn't care. It looks like: "You don't have a father? Canada is not for you. Stay at home and chill out." I live in a VERY aggressive society (Russia) and I was bullied for not having a father whole my life. If I'm eligible for immigration on my own but I can't migrate due to my family situation. Well. That's bullshit and this fact offends me a lot.
That's a seriously tough situation. I'd probably contact an immigration lawyer and see if there's anything they can do. I'm sure one of the more experienced guys around here will be along soon and comment with more info. I hope this works out for you in the end.

Reactions: Ridge

Toronto2018

May 30, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Med's Done....
28-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-07-2018
Guys, I have a serious problem. Immigration officer wants to refuse my case. The reason for that is my IMM 5406 (family information form). I don't have a father so there is a blank space in my birth certificate but they still want me to provide father info. That's what I've received from CIC a few days ago:

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
I have requested you to provide additional family information regarding your biological father.
I note that you have provided information birth certificate that shows blank fields about your father.
I have already given you an opportunity to provide explanation regarding this matter via request letter.
Having reviewed your response, I am not satisfied that you are providing me with all the necessary information required to process your application.

Father left my mom even before I was born so the possibility of finding him is something around zero percent. What should I do? Hire a lawyer? Or give up with the whole immigration plan? I'd appreciate any help. More information in this thread. Thanks in advance.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/no-fathers-name-in-birth-certificate-cic-wants-to-decline-my-case-during-after-3-months-in-ip1.575342/
Is there a way you can write back to this officer specifically? Meaning, is it a do not reply type of address or a regular email?

I'd try explaining the situation the same way you explained it to us, mentioning the fact that a whole life plan is about to collapse because you suffered from never having or knowing your father, etc through a CSE. At this stage, you have nothing to lose.

Reactions: tobs

Ridge

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
RF
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Is there a way you can write back to this officer specifically? Meaning, is it a do not reply type of address or a regular email?

I'd try explaining the situation the same way you explained it to us, mentioning the fact that a whole life plan is about to collapse because you suffered from never having or knowing your father, etc through a CSE. At this stage, you have nothing to lose.
This was an additional documents request and I've explained the whole situation in the very last upload and can't upload more (you can see my last LoE that I've sent yesterday in the link a few posts above). Australia rejected my case in the very last moment two years ago stating that my experience can't be referred to my vetassess assessment. Now Canada is about to screw me over. Deutschland, be kind to me. Here I try....

Toronto2018

May 30, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Med's Done....
28-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-07-2018
This was an additional documents request and I've explained the whole situation in the very last upload and can't upload more (you can see my last LoE that I've sent yesterday in the link a few posts above). Australia rejected my case in the very last moment two years ago stating that my experience can't be referred to my vetassess assessment. Now Canada is about to screw me over. Deutschland, be kind to me. Here I try....
Wow, this is a very tough and frustrating situation, indeed.

I read about a guy's story in a group on facebook who wrote to the minister of immigration to complain about Paris VO because they were not processing his application in a timely manner (it took him a year to get his PPR), he got a reaponse and action was taken by the minister's office. You could give it a shot. After all, if another agent were processing your application, it could have been accepted as is.

Reactions: tobs

Ridge

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
RF
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Wow, this is a very tough and frustrating situation, indeed.

I read about a guy's story in a group on facebook who wrote to the minister of immigration to complain about Paris VO because they were not processing his application in a timely manner (it took him a year to get his PPR), he got a reaponse and action was taken by the minister's office. You could give it a shot. After all, if another agent were processing your application, it could have been accepted as is.
Sounds good for me. Could you post here a link to this fb group? I can't google this story.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
waiting is great in some cases - @KingKurly met the love of his life on this forum, got married and I think is a father/soon-to-be father
Seems like you got me mixed up with @xibalban mate ;) I met him personally and he is happily married to @iamxty. They are together in Toronto now ;)
That's not true @legalfalcon sir. Well not in my context, it was xibalban (Bhanu) who met iamxty (Christy) and they got married and applied together.
This is hilarious. @KingKurly is a good friend of ours, but my husband is @xibalban and we are in Scarborough, not far from downtown Toronto. Anyone who wants to meet up? @legalfalcon wanna join us? :)

To my fellow Canadian dreamers, please be well prepared when you come to Canada. Your financial status is just one thing, but your emotional and psychological readiness are far more important.

Good luck to everyone. I will be back soon to give more updates when we are more settled down. Hope to see you all here.

Last edited:

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hey guys. So I received my RCMP certificate today and will be uploading it soon..Here to the waiting beginning again! :D

Reactions: ennytoolz

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks! funnily enough, I got fed up and did call them last night, and was informed that application has been approved :cool: today morning was just a formality
I really wanted to call them today but didn’t. How long after paying rprf did you move to Ip2?