+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Hsingh13

May 31, 2018
Does any one knows wats the matter written in ppr letter n how much time they give to move after copr letter ..?
As it is earlier in one post that it says u must move within 3 months... is that right ?

napavalley

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
I also submitted few fdr’s .... but haven’t got any issues regarding that but may b they were maturing within next few months.. earlier in the forum someone told that he got same issue n he submitted a letter from bank stating that these fd’s can b broke anytime by lowering the interest rate by 1% n also he attached a pic of website page of that bank showing regulations of pre maturity of fdrs
That was me. I took a screenshot from the bank's website about it's premature withdrawal policy. Also, if you take a balance statement from the bank there will be a column that says there is no lien on your account i.e it is unencumbered. So you are free to withdraw the funds

jonnie_RC

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Folks,

I looked at my account today and on the account summary page i sere that the PR line, under Current Status has changed to "Application/ profile updated" but when i go into the Check full application status link there is nothing new.

I hope this is the Ghost update? But not sure. There was no email received either.

Anyone know,
Jc

Last edited:

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi Folks,

I looked at my account today and on the account summary page i sere that the PR line, under Current Status has changed to "Application/ profile updated" but when i go into the Check full application status link there is nothing new.

I hope this is the Ghost update? But not sure. There was no email received either.

Anyone know,
Jc
It’s a ghost update. I had two ghost updates before a ppr on that night I received ppr

tilakrajg

Jan 16, 2018
cAN you please clarify this ? are you saying we cannot use our fixed deposit again ?
FD is valid POF. Only lucky few people get procedural fairness for showing FD has POF.
To avoid confusion, it is good to attach bank letter stating that your FD can be liquidated any point of time.
Even I did the same after procedural fairness letter.

tilakrajg

Jan 16, 2018
That is something new for me. Thanks for your input. Btw did you heard anyone getting such request from CIC for not mentioning the credit card debit in the POF official bank letter. That was a miss from my side as I should have insist my bank to mention that in their letter.
I have not heard of any such thing. In my case, I had shown FD and Bank statement as POF. And my bank statement showed that I had only 34CAD savings(this was not even minimum balance required to keep the account active). So basically, FD was the only acceptable POF. If you have shown at least one concrete POF, you shall face no issue.