+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR received but unable to travel until medical expired.

NTPatni84

Jul 20, 2016
May 2016 applicant here, recieved our COPR today, 6th dec,
I have a few queries:
1) can we request an extension of 5-6 months of our existing medical, as we are unable to travel until may, bowever medical expires on 1st of feb 2017, via letter sent along with passport n ppr request.

2) incase unable to do above,how long do I need to stay in canada minimum for my first visit?

3) what mailing address do they send the passport back to, I want it to come to a different address than the one given on my application form.

Hope for quick responses.
Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
NTPatni84 said:
I have a few queries:
1) can we request an extension of 5-6 months of our existing medical, as we are unable to travel until may, bowever medical expires on 1st of feb 2017, via letter sent along with passport n ppr request.

2) incase unable to do above,how long do I need to stay in canada minimum for my first visit?

3) what mailing address do they send the passport back to, I want it to come to a different address than the one given on my application form.

Thanks
1) unless IRCC made an error, you will almost certainly not be able to get an extension.

2) long enough to complete the landing formalities (20 minutes) and then you can catch the next flight back.

3) sorry but I can't answer that question.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
NTPatni84 said:
I have a few queries:

Thanks
1) Most probably not. You can ask but they may ask you to redo medicals. People with more experience may be able to provide a more concrete answer.
2) Answer depends on whether you are from a visa exempt country or not and whether you are on condition 51 or not.
3) If a Courier service is picking up the passport, you can provide an address to the Courier and that is where the passport will be delivered.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
NTPatni84 said:
I have a few queries:

You stated that your COPR has arrived today, yet you then state you have received PPR and still need to send your passport. Which is it?

1. Don't ask for an extension. It is unlikely to be granted and it's possible that IRCC may decide to just tell you to re-apply later when you are actually ready to move to Canada.

2. There is no minimum. As said above, you can land and get on the next plane back to your country.

3. Can't answer until you clear up your situation.

NTPatni84

Jul 20, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You stated that your COPR has arrived today, yet you then state you have received PPR and still need to send your passport. Which is it?

1. Don't ask for an extension. It is unlikely to be granted and it's possible that IRCC may decide to just tell you to re-apply later when you are actually ready to move to Canada.

2. There is no minimum. As said above, you can land and get on the next plane back to your country.

3. Can't answer until you clear up your situation.
Hi sorry I made a mistake, the email sent is passport request letter, I have 30days to mail my passport along with the request letter...N we are in a situation where its really difficult to make the move this soon..
If we send the passport towards the last few days, is it possible that they will extend medical as medical expires on 1st feb?

Bebe1214

Jul 10, 2016
No they will not extend the medical or your COPR landing date. You'll be taking a huge risk asking them to do so.
I think it actually says on the COPR or the paper you get with the COPR that they will not extend it.

Bebe1214

Jul 10, 2016
Your safest option is to land before it expires is before Feb 2017 and if you don't have your condition 51, you can fly back.

NTPatni84

Jul 20, 2016
Bebe1214 said:
Your safest option is to land before it expires is before Feb 2017 and if you don't have your condition 51, you can fly back.
Thanks, guess it makes more sense to make a quick trip than an.unwanted delay...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Bebe1214 said:
If Condition 51 is in force, it doesn't matter where they are cohabiting, as long as they are together. It doesn't have to be IN Canada.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
NTPatni84 said:
What is condition 51
Look at the COPR under "Conditions". If it says 00 you don't have anything to worry about. If it states 51,this is the conditional PR based on spousal cohabitation.