+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Hi All,
I am a PNP-O applicant (AOR: April 21) and probably my application is in IP2 stage (as per wording in my BG check ).

I have shown Fixed Deposit as POF whose maturity is in April 2019 and I have the no liquid cash in my bank account (as per 6 month bank statement submitted) which is not my salary account.

Coming to the issue I am having, On Friday (25th-May) I got a procedure fairness letter which says that I do not meet minimal settlement funds criteria because I do not have liquid funds of minimum 15,531 CAD and they do not consider my FD for settlement funds because its maturity is in April 2019.

Now the questions:
1) Is FD not acceptable for POF?
2) Since they have given 30 days to prove my case, is this same as ADR or what is this stage?
My "Review for additional documents" says "We do not need additional documents." and I need to upload the relevant documents in mycic-account > view submitted documents > Proof of means of financial support.

Thanks for all the information shared in this forum and hope to find answers to my questions as well.
Your funds must be accessible immediately on your arrival to Canada. They basically couldn't let you immigrate as PR if you can't touch that money for another 11 months.

tilakrajg

Jan 16, 2018
Your funds must be accessible immediately on your arrival to Canada. They basically couldn't let you immigrate as PR if you can't touch that money for another 11 months.
Highly appreciated your response.

What would be the recommended solution now?
Should I just break the FD into my bank account, regenerate bank statement with those funds and upload into my cic account as proof.

If above is the recommended solution, then any additions proof needs to be submitted along with it, like the source of funds?
if yes, Only one field("Proof of means of financial support") is enabled in my cic account to upload the document. So where will this document be uploaded

DJSHO

May 1, 2018
NOC Code......

Should I just break the FD into my bank account, regenerate bank statement with those funds and upload into my cic account as proof.

If above is the recommended solution, then any additions proof needs to be submitted along with it, like the source of funds?
if yes, Only one field("Proof of means of financial support") is enabled in my cic account to upload the document. So where will this document be uploaded
Another way is to prove that the premature closure of the FD is allowed.
If you can get it from the bank on their letterhead saying the same and the net value if the FD is closed prematurely, that should help, I guess.

Reactions: canadalife1234

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016

If I were you I would break the FD into your bank account and gather information on your bank account history / 6 mo bank statements. You can also include proof of breaking FD. Upload this as additional document through CSE with a letter of explanation

Vicky__123

Jun 29, 2017
PNP-SINP
Resident of India

AOR-12th April, 2018
IP1/MEP-20th April, 2018
IP2-1st May, 2018

On 25th May 2018, I called CIC twice, in 3-4 hours of span ( I had to disconnect the first call, due to a meeting, so called again after 3-4 hours). I got to know different information regarding my application, as mentioned below,

1st Call: Agent said my file is at Syndney. (Due to shortage of time, I was not able to ask further)

2nd Call: Agent said, File is at Ottawa. Eligibility check is completed. Background check from Canada point of view completed (Background check from LVO will be done accordingly). Your application and all the process are good and within timeline. Its just matter of days to complete the whole process.

My queries,
1. Two different locations for my file, which is not possible but has anyone experienced such case?
2. As per second call, what can one define? Approx when the file will be transferred to LVO? Probably my file will be transferred to NDVO, so how many months it takes to send PPR request?

Thanks in advance.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hi All,
I am a PNP-O applicant (AOR: April 21) and probably my application is in IP2 stage (as per wording in my BG check ).

I have shown Fixed Deposit as POF whose maturity is in April 2019 and I have the no liquid cash in my bank account (as per 6 month bank statement submitted) which is not my salary account.

Coming to the issue I am having, On Friday (25th-May) I got a procedure fairness letter which says that I do not meet minimal settlement funds criteria because I do not have liquid funds of minimum 15,531 CAD and they do not consider my FD for settlement funds because its maturity is in April 2019.

Now the questions:
2) Since they have given 30 days to prove my case, is this same as ADR or what is this stage?
My "Review for additional documents" says "We do not need additional documents." and I need to upload the relevant documents in mycic-account > view submitted documents > Proof of means of financial support.

Thanks for all the information shared in this forum and hope to find answers to my questions as well.
Hey, I just want to comfort you with this message. Procedure fairness is the best that could have happened to you as the VO could just have given you a straight rejection. So you have a chance to prove your case. Hence, you got work to do and you can only crew "yourself by yourself".

Kudos to guys here who have proffered solutions which I think will ultimately save the day. Simply put, the VO is wondering where the money you need to come to Canada is and can't find it as per the FD maturity in April 2019.
Question: When did you initiate the FD? If it was before you got ITA, then you can make this claim:
"I have always fixed the money for interest purposes and intend to break it when you need to leave for Canada."

Then break it and show evidences. I think that is what the officer wants to see..............that the money is available to you!!!

Goodluck man......you will be fine!!!!

Reactions: strikeharsh

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
I think i am jumping to fast but very excited and eagarly waiting for my PPR , i am in Ontario Canada, can anyone please tell info about border crossing? I mean brampton border? I dont drive yet and no one to take me for border crossing to niagra border when i get visa.
There isn't any border near Brampton, you can take greyhound bus to buffalo, NY and be back (if you have USA Visa) for around $50-60 round trip.
OR
Take a bus to Niagara Falls, walked to the rainbow bridge to USA flag pole and comeback to Canada (approx. 1-2km Walk)

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
Hi All,

Now the questions:

Instead breaking the FD, if you can get $15,531 from your parents and a gift letter for few months (until your landing) provide it to them. Sorry to say but if you fail to respond/prove your case in given timeframe, your file will be rejected.

You can merge all documents in 1 file and compress if exceed the 4mb limit and attached in the POF upload field.

Neha255

May 22, 2018
Don’t be confused. At least treat it as good news man. As long as everything is set, you will be placed in queue to be final reviewed. U won’t be long until ppr. Have some coffee and you will receive good news next week

Its very good that they gave you detail info. I am panicking rightnow because i just want this frekin immigration to end, they didnt give me detail info and just told that BGC hasnt started yet , file is at Ottawa n looks like officer has all docs they need. Thats it.

Neha255

May 22, 2018
There isn't any border near Brampton, you can take greyhound bus to buffalo, NY and be back (if you have USA Visa) for around $50-60 round trip.
OR
Take a bus to Niagara Falls, walked to the rainbow bridge to USA flag pole and comeback to Canada (approx. 1-2km Walk)

Awesome this is very help ful response. Tganks a lot

write2rtd

Apr 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
28-02-2018
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
Med's Request
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-04-2019
Passport Req..
18-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2019
LANDED..........
30-05-2019
Yes...2nd Apr Aor
Still stuck at IP1...medical passed..
Dont worry, I am also waiting for updates post Meds passed and in IP1 (AOR April 14, 2018) with high hopes!
sailing the same boat! Cheers!

Reactions: Ashgh

napavalley

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Hi All,

Now the questions:

Hi,

FD is a valid proof of fund and should be accepted. I too got a refusal letter (March 2017 Aor. Got refusal on Nov 9th 2017 and PPR on Nov 16 2017. I'm in Canada now. I'm on this thread as my Wife's AoR is April 2018). I had submitted a combination of FD, PF and Savings Account. FD was 50% of total PoF requirement. I sent an email to CIC explaining that even though the FD matures at a future date, one can prematurely withdraw the FD. I took screenshots from the Bank's statement in its official website. I sent an email to CPC Ottawa and also explained the same through webform. I got my PPR within a week after the refusal.

Good that you got a procedural fairness letter instead of a straight refusal like I did. You can try what I did. May be you could also consider liquidating the FD and keeping it in your savings account ( I did not do this though. I just sent the screenshots from bank website that shows a 1% penalty for pre-mature liquidation and deducted this 1% from my PoF and explained that my total funds still meets the PoF requirements of CIC) and explaining that you prematurely withdrew your FD and deposited to your SB account and send an updated Bank statement along with all the explanation. All the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rijo02

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hi,

FD is a valid proof of fund and should be accepted. I too got a refusal letter (March 2017 Aor, I'm here as my Wife's AoR is April 2018). I had submitted a combination of FD, PF and Savings Account. FD was 50% of total PoF requirement. I sent an email to CIC explaining that even though the FD matures at a future date, one can prematurely withdraw the FD. I took screenshots from the Bank's statement in its official website. I sent an email to CPC Ottawa and also explained the same through webform. I got my PPR within a week after the refusal.

Good that you got a procedural fairness letter instead of a straight refusal like I did. You can try what I did. May be you could also consider liquidating the FD and keeping it in your savings account and explaining that you prematurely withdrew your FD and deposited to your SB account and send an updated Bank statement along with all the explanation. All the best!
Nice one man......Question: Why is your wife going through this EE route? Couldn't you sponsor yourself since you already have PR? Or is the sponsorship process the same?