+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Nana012

Nov 2, 2018
Received PPR today!

The email says that I have to send a prepaid expresspost envelope from Canada Post. They won't return the passport via any other courier. I'm worried about the Canada Post strike and I really need to become a pr asap. Does anyone know if I can send the documents with Fedex/DHL and still include the Canada Post expresspost for the return?

Inland applicant
Primary office: Ottawa
AOR April 19
IP1 May 11
IP2 sometime in June?
Ghost update Oct 31
PPR Nov 26

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Received PPR today!

The email says that I have to send a prepaid expresspost envelope from Canada Post. They won't return the passport via any other courier. I'm worried about the Canada Post strike and I really need to become a pr asap. Does anyone know if I can send the documents with Fedex/DHL and still include the Canada Post expresspost for the return?

Inland applicant
AOR April 19
IP1 May 11
IP2 sometime in June?
Ghost update Oct 31
PPR Nov 26
Congratulations!!! I guess soon they will order a Back to work legislation to end the post strike.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Received PPR today!

Inland applicant
AOR April 19
IP1 May 11
IP2 sometime in June?
Ghost update Oct 31
PPR Nov 26
Congratulations......Nice to start a Monday with good news! Anyways, I am not sure the Canada Post strike action affects express mails. They are guaranteed 1 day delivery. So you have nothing to worry about. My friend who recently got approved received his passport back within 10 days (much of the time it took was from the CIC side in stamping and issuing the COPR) using Canada Post.

So go for it!

Reactions: JJ April Aor

Frankie Chan

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Received PPR today!

Inland applicant
AOR April 19
IP1 May 11
IP2 sometime in June?
Ghost update Oct 31
PPR Nov 26
Were you on security screening ?

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Received PPR today!

Inland applicant
AOR April 19
IP1 May 11
IP2 sometime in June?
Ghost update Oct 31
PPR Nov 26
a friend of mine got it today too. she applied in February and believe me when I say that his application was a disaster.

Nana012

Nov 2, 2018
Were you on security screening ?
My application was approved on Oct 31 but I only got the PPR email today. According to my GCMS notes security and criminality screenings hadn't started as of Oct 5. The police certificate from my country has a different process and was sent directly to CIC. I think that was the main step dragging things for me.

Nana012

Nov 2, 2018
Congratulations......Nice to start a Monday with good news! Anyways, I am not sure the Canada Post strike action affects express mails. They are guaranteed 1 day delivery. So you have nothing to worry about. My friend who recently got approved received his passport back within 10 days (much of the time it took was from the CIC side in stamping and issuing the COPR) using Canada Post.

So go for it!
I spoke to someone from Canada Post and all mail can be delayed, even express post. They have priority to leave and be delivered to the facility but the one day guarantee doesn't apply. Is the only option though, we have to send the passport to a PO Box so we have to use the postal service for sending and return. I sent the package at lunch. Hoping for the best!

JJ April Aor

Nov 11, 2018
They requested current statements for my accounts and had one week to send them in.

I had raised a CSE in September with some updates but had nothing back from them. I got in touch with Ralph's office once I passed 6 months in mid October. I received the ADR the same day Ralph's office got an update on my file. I guess them asking about it made them pick up the file again because my GCMS notes showed no movement since May.
Thanks.We just got a generic reply from IRCC that the CSE has been forwarded to CIC ottawa office for their review.
No idea when the review officer will check the file.

Reactions: annevn8

Sandy0809

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-04-2018
Hi My AOR date is 10 Apr
Ghost update - 12 Nov
GCM note - 26 Oct
Today I got my GCMS note but that is very complex to understand how to read it. My medical , criminality and inforsharing is completed , security still not started.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi My AOR date is 10 Apr
Ghost update - 12 Nov
GCM note - 26 Oct
Today I got my GCMS note but that is very complex to understand how to read it. My medical , criminality and inforsharing is completed , security still not started.
What is the status of eligibility?

Sandy0809

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-04-2018
Yep so that is a concern. Now go to last few pages of your notes where you will see detailed analyst notes and check why he put a review required.

Also what is your VO? It will be mentioned on first page.
VO means visa office ? If yes that is CPC Ottawa

Sandy0809

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-04-2018
Kindly advise on th GCMS notes received by me today, mentions review required-proof of funds.
Detailed summary mentions that review is required as cad 12,016 is available as per bank statement however cad 18,617 is needed for family of 3 also Page 2 mentions as available funds cad 19,400 as I have submitted my documents for bank and PF.

vc6gc

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
All,

Just got an file status from IRCC thru "Access to Information Act". My AOR is April 11 and the last notes I see on the application is 05/16. The notes said the following
"MI3 NOTE: Review Required - Funds A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW Minimum Requirements - Appears Met R76: Selection Criteria - FSW Points - Appears Met FSW points total: 72 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete"

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Review Required
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
CPC Ottawa

I requested this on 10/26 and the report was generated on 10/29 but emailed to me today (11/27 - after a month). However I did receive an update in CIC account on 11/08 that I need to submit more documents on proof of funds. It was shocking to see NO notes from 5/16 till 10/29. I did submit these files and they acknowledged receiving them on 11/26.

Is anyone in same boat? I am not sure what "Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete" means. Also not sure why is it taking so long to start the security check.

Thank you.