unknown
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
April 14, 2018
Doc's Request.
RPRF Request: April 28, 2018
AOR Received.
April 14, 2018
Hey everyone! I just received my GCMS notes dated July 4 (AOR is April 14, 2018, IP2 since June 19), below is what's written in the Assessments section:

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

So the notes overall seem favorable to me, the comments of the agent on the last few pages also seem to be favorable.

My question is: Why is Security written as NOT STARTED even though the file moved to IP2 on June 19?

And, how to find out my Visa Office? There are FOUR offices mentioned on page 4 of notes, CIO, OSC, CPC-Ottawa, and CPC-Vegreville, so this means that my file is in CPC-Vegreville?

Thanks.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hey everyone! I just received my GCMS notes dated July 4 (AOR is April 14, 2018, IP2 since June 19), below is what's written in the Assessments section:

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

So the notes overall seem favorable to me, the comments of the agent on the last few pages also seem to be favorable.

My question is: Why is Security written as NOT STARTED even though the file moved to IP2 on June 19?

And, how to find out my Visa Office? There are FOUR offices mentioned on page 4 of notes, CIO, OSC, CPC-Ottawa, and CPC-Vegreville, so this means that my file is in CPC-Vegreville?

Thanks.
see the dates next to em to know where your file is at. Also, the notes are generated within 2 weeks of application (GCMS), so best way to find out office now is to call em (My advice: Don't bother because at the end your PPR will be the same)

As far as security is concerned, your guess is as good as everyone else's. If the notes seem alright, best way forward is to remain calm, and just wait.

Reactions: AA87

AA87

Nov 20, 2017
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
April 14, 2018
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14, 2018
see the dates next to em to know where your file is at. Also, the notes are generated within 2 weeks of application (GCMS), so best way to find out office now is to call em (My advice: Don't bother because at the end your PPR will be the same)

As far as security is concerned, your guess is as good as everyone else's. If the notes seem alright, best way forward is to remain calm, and just wait.
Strangely, the dates next to Offices are from 2010. Anyways I don't care about Visa Office as long as it is NOT London Visa Office :).

In the NOTES section at the end of the file, there is an S.15(1) in the top right, and the latest note (dated June 21, 2018) says

"Office: Centralized Intake Office,
Text: Application referred to IN continued processing"

Any idea what this note mean?

AA87

Nov 20, 2017
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
April 14, 2018
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14, 2018
Strangely, the dates next to Offices are from 2010. Anyways I don't care about Visa Office as long as it is NOT London Visa Office :).

In the NOTES section at the end of the file, there is an S.15(1) in the top right, and the latest note (dated June 21, 2018) says

"Office: Centralized Intake Office,
Text: Application referred to IN continued processing"

Any idea what this note mean?
Nevermind, this explains it https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

AA87

Nov 20, 2017
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
April 14, 2018
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14, 2018
probably why you moved into IP2 (legalfalcon is a forum expert and thinks that all myCIC updates are shi*) on June 19, and still no PPR. Fact is it will creep up on you one fine day.
I will now peacefully await that one fine day. Thanks!

egemens

Feb 7, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
14-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-04-2018
Med's Done....
24-04-2018
Hey guys, after getting a ghost update earlier today, got my golden email just now!
A little over the 100 days mark, FSW-O, family of 3, Brazil, processed in Mexico.
I got a PR in 2011, stayed 1.5 years in Canada and end up losing it - I went back to Brazil, then work took me to other countries - but now I got it again (this time including my wife and my 1.5 years old baby).

After living in Brazil, Italy, UK, Spain, Sweden, Germany and US, I can tell you that Canada is my choice!

Hope you all get yours soon!
Congrats!

Reactions: bfamaral

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I met with an accident three months back and suffered multiple fractures in my leg.
I had a ORIF surgery on 15th May.
Now I carry multiple screws and a high steel plate along with me.
Medicals were passed in April, a month before this happened.

I need to ask a few questions:
1) Should I inform CIC about the Injury? I am fine now and started moving a few days back. I will be 100% fit by 15th September.

2) Will metal detectors detect my plates and screws at airports? I read somewhere that I need to get the certificate from the hospital and show it to officials at the Airport.

I hope this injury has nothing to do with the PR and other formalities.
1) Yes, you should.
2) Yes, you have to get that certificate. My grandmother had a knee cap replacement and she had to show the same at the airport.

Reactions: InderjeetSingh

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I met with an accident three months back and suffered multiple fractures in my leg.
I had a ORIF surgery on 15th May in which they implanted metal screws and plate in my left leg.
Medicals were passed in April, a month before this happened.

Now I have two options:
1) Inform CIC about the Injury which may impact my file timelines further? My file is approved and is in NDVO. I am expecting PPR anytime (I am the secondary applicant), telling new things may impact my file's timelines. I want to go as soon as possible. I would also like to add that I am fine now and started moving a few days back. I am planning to land in September end if I receive PPR on time.

2) Going by the normal process, I will land there with my wife. I will be carrying both the certificates (Medically fit Certificate and certificate for Screws and Plate). If immigration authorities will object, then I can show them medically fit certificate.

Need your suggestions!
IMHO
- You do not need to tell them
- suggest you to google this "i have metal rod inserted in my leg do i need to inform airport security"

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
T

Thanks for the reply!
I think airport authorities won’t be an issue as I will be carrying Certificate for the plates and screws. My major concern is if immigration officer at airport objects that why didn’t you update CIC about this?
There focus is more on other life changing events such as Marriage, Separation, Birth of a Child, unfortunate event of an applicant/dependant passing away, those are some of the cases you need to notify IRCC.
In your case you had an unfortunate accident which you are already getting treatment for, imho you do not need to inform the IRCC folks

Reactions: InderjeetSingh

Toronto2018

May 30, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Med's Done....
28-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-07-2018
Submitted our passports at the embassy at 9:00 am this morning and picked them up at 2:30 pm :) They didn't ask for any biometrics. We just followed the instructions in the email received and provided a copy of the email, our passports, 2 photos per family member (based on their photo requirements) and a letter stating the eye color and height of each family member. We have 9 months in hand to enter Canada :)

I really hope all those who are still waiting will soon be able to share this amazing feeling :)

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Submitted our passports at the embassy at 9:00 am this morning and picked them up at 2:30 pm :) They didn't ask for any biometrics. We just followed the instructions in the email received and provided a copy of the email, our passports, 2 photos per family member (based on their photo requirements) and a letter stating the eye color and height of each family member. We have 9 months in hand to enter Canada :)

I really hope all those who are still waiting will soon be able to share this amazing feeling :)
Congratulations......did you actually mean you got your passport back within 5 hours? If so, it means the embassy in your country is less busy. CIC should be smart about it and redeploy some of those officers to places that need them most. Maybe London, Paris or even Montreal need those officers. Indeed applicants whose files are in those offices will be grateful!

Reactions: Toronto2018

Toronto2018

May 30, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Med's Done....
28-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-07-2018
Congratulations......did you actually mean you got your passport back within 5 hours? If so, it means the embassy in your country is less busy. CIC should be smart about it and redeploy some of those officers to places that need them most. Maybe London, Paris or even Montreal need those officers. Indeed applicants whose files are in those offices will be grateful!
Thank you :) Yes, that's what I mean. There also is a Visa Application Center 5 min away from the embassy but they return the passports after 5 business days and charge you a fee. The only advantage I see compared to the embassy is that they're open everyday from 9 am to 3 pm whereas the embassy only allows visits on mondays and wednesdays between 9 and 10 am. I guess the embassy only processes PR applications and not other regular visas.

But you're right, they should definitely discharge other busy visa offices.

Reactions: tbn2k18 and Rijo02

SKTUN2018

Jan 5, 2018

:):):):):)Felecitations :):):) Mabrouk :):):):)
see you there may be if my app will be approved :-(
by the way i payed for the GCMS. the consent form need to be signed by wife. and what about kids? Merci pour ton aide.

Reactions: Toronto2018