+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 AOR - join here

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hey guys, I just returned here after some time off. Congrats to all who got PPR and Ghost updates:). And for those still waiting, lets us keep the faith.

My application is just over 2months (Apr 26th AOR) and seeing the approvals of applicants with AOR later than mine (although I acknowledge some people are waiting longer than mine), I had to call CIC. The agent was fair with his responses to my questions but my file's progress is not encouraging. From what he said, my file is still in Sydney and the only progress it has made is medicals which I already know. He said they are doing BG but other checks have not yet started. He offered to send me information on how I can directly reach the office that is handling my file but I didn't get that after the call.

Now, I want to send CSE but I didn't see where I can upload documents (I intend to include pictures). The CSE is supposed to contain information regarding my change of address and my marriage condition. I have been married since Aug 2017 but have spent only 3 weeks with my wife. Her 2 OWP applications were denied because they claimed she didn't prove that she will leave Canada coupled with reasons of travel history and employment prospects.

Wedding Anniversary: Are we going to celebrate in different locations?

Please does anyone know how I can get in touch with CIC agent (Sydney to be precise)? I intend to order GCMS but that is just going to tell me whats going on with my file. I also need to communicate with the agent (even if it didn't help, I rather let them know than keep quiet).

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hey guys, I just returned here after some time off. Congrats to all who got PPR and Ghost updates:). And for those still waiting, lets us keep the faith.

My application is just over 2months (Apr 26th AOR) and seeing the approvals of applicants with AOR later than mine (although I acknowledge some people are waiting longer than mine), I had to call CIC. The agent was fair with his responses to my questions but my file's progress is not encouraging. From what he said, my file is still in Sydney and the only progress it has made is medicals which I already know. He said they are doing BG but other checks have not yet started. He offered to send me information on how I can directly reach the office that is handling my file but I didn't get that after the call.

Now, I want to send CSE but I didn't see where I can upload documents (I intend to include pictures). The CSE is supposed to contain information regarding my change of address and my marriage condition. I have been married since Aug 2017 but have spent only 3 weeks with my wife. Her 2 OWP applications were denied because they claimed she didn't prove that she will leave Canada coupled with reasons of travel history and employment prospects.

Wedding Anniversary: Are we going to celebrate in different locations?

Please does anyone know how I can get in touch with CIC agent (Sydney to be precise)? I intend to order GCMS but that is just going to tell me whats going on with my file. I also need to communicate with the agent (even if it didn't help, I rather let them know than keep quiet).
Hi,
As I have raised CSE before, I can tell only about this part.
When we raise CSE, on the first page, lot of blank boxes are needed to be filled, only after we fill those and reach the next page, do we find option to upload documents.

Reactions: Rijo02

jonnie_RC

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask about timelines. Can they vary a lot from IP2 to PPR. Just asking as I have been in IP2 for (what feels like) a long time considering how quickly it jumped from IP1. IS this a common thing thing? Just asking as i am seeing a good few folks on here that have a similar / same AOR date as myself.

Are there many people who have found background checks to take a while?

Aor : 18th April
MEP : 25th April
Ip2 : 3rd/4th May
Ghost update : ??????
PPR : ??????

Thanks and good luck everyone,
Jc

docmoh

Apr 10, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask about timelines. Can they vary a lot from IP2 to PPR. Just asking as I have been in IP2 for (what feels like) a long time considering how quickly it jumped from IP1. IS this a common thing thing? Just asking as i am seeing a good few folks on here that have a similar / same AOR date as myself.

Jc
Nearly same story

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Guys quick question;
a friend of mine got nominated by PNP as a skilled trade with job offer.
I was shocked because he did not do any English test, what is going to happen when he applies for express entry?
does he have to send documents as we all did or not? does he have to have minimum requirements for at least one of the steams ? CEC,FSW,ect..

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Jc
I am AoR 6 Apr checked with lawyer around 16 Apr the msgs showed IP2 characteristics.... stilll chugging along waiting

Reactions: jonnie_RC

Sam2312

Dec 7, 2017
My timeline as follows
AOR-05 April
Medical passed- got to know in mid of may(As I am not having my login details)
Background check started - first week of June

After that no update
I think I'm in IP2
I bit worried abt my file
As got one rejection previously due to PCC
Trying to contact IRCC agent but every time call not go through.
My immigration lawyer also not so cooperative.
I don't know when this wait will over

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
My timeline as follows
AOR-05 April
Medical passed- got to know in mid of may(As I am not having my login details)
Background check started - first week of June

After that no update
I think I'm in IP2
I bit worried abt my file
As got one rejection previously due to PCC
Trying to contact IRCC agent but every time call not go through.
My immigration lawyer also not so cooperative.
I don't know when this wait will over
Are you in or out of Canada ?

Ghufrancap85

Dec 9, 2016
Good Evening All,

Can someone tell me that at which stage I m... or what does it mean...

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks in Advance!!!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Good Evening All,

Can someone tell me that at which stage I m... or what does it mean...

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks in Advance!!!
IP2 if you read the BGC msg