+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada via Hot air balloon ?

folks

Jul 11, 2012
I just came to know that pr have the right to enter Canada.

My pr card is expired. I have talked to a boat agency in Singapore and they are willing to do the job. Since Canada restricts traveling to Canada via commercial planes, boats, buses and trains, I think hot air balloon is a true exception and is allowed. I also talked to few friends and they said it is possible and no problem doing so. Also it would be enjoyable and a cruise like experience. Kinda like a adventure traveling to Canada.

The basic idea is to hire a boat from Singapore and sail it all along to the coastal part of Nova Scotia before arriving the territory of Canada. There's a small island which is unclaimed by nobody and stop the boat over there. Inflate the hot air ballon and then land on the border with expired pr card. I think they will allow that way because I took a hot air ballon and not the one they mentioned on their travel restrictions.

What do you have to say ? Is it ok for me to do so?

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sure why not but what happens if the wind drives the balloon the wrong way, do you have a Europe visa ? Why bother with a balloon just land on the island or offload from the ship with an inflatable rib with an outboard and make for the nearest port to declare to immigration. Or why not get a microlight and fly in.

Obviously this is not a serious or practical proposal

Last edited:

Wait4life

Star Member
May 26, 2018

My pr card is expired. I have talked to a boat agency in Singapore and they are willing to do the job. Since Canada restricts traveling to Canada via commercial planes, boats, buses and trains, I think hot air balloon is a true exception and is allowed. I also talked to few friends and they said it is possible and no problem doing so. Also it would be enjoyable and a cruise like experience. Kinda like a adventure traveling to Canada.

The basic idea is to hire a boat from Singapore and sail it all along to the coastal part of Nova Scotia before arriving the territory of Canada. There's a small island which is unclaimed by nobody and stop the boat over there. Inflate the hot air ballon and then land on the border with expired pr card. I think they will allow that way because I took a hot air ballon and not the one they mentioned on their travel restrictions.

bro, I am in India. Can you pick me up? We can split the money. Do let me know?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Well, my morning coffee just exited through my nose.........

A couple of issues:

1. Just because something isn’t specifically listed, the intent of the law will cover any and all aspects of “commercial transportation”, so unless you buy and pilot the balloon yourself, it’s commercial transportation.
  2. At 12 miles offshore, you are in Canada and subject to Canadian law. 200 miles out you are still subject to search. It’s also along one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, so I doubt you wouldn’t be detected by Canadian officials.
  3. Regardless of how you enter, you still have to report to immigration or you are entering illegally. So regardless of how you enter, you still risk being reported for RO. If you are trying to enter Canada without drawing attention to yourself, a balloon isn’t the way to do it.
  4. Singapore to BC is shorter/more direct......
  5. That’s an awful long way to walk (or swim) if the boat agency decides they have changed their minds and want you to get off.
  6. I suspect that the boat company will charge you a handsome sum, and make their way to the Maldives for a nice vacation with your money. Caveat emptor.

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. Phileas Fogg, I know that all sounds easy, especially if your pals Captain Nemo and Jack Sparrow do advertise it.
But would not it be easier to:
A. to apply for PRTD
B. To go through USA border.
In this way you will get all attention you wanted to avoid (if your crazy plan will go through). So the secondary review and all nice perks are guarantee.
Maybe Sandokan Inc. is not the best travelling company to take.

Last edited:

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Is this possible and feasible? How much is the agency charging? Is the boat travel and hot air balloon insured? How much is the total charge including insurance? i am interested thank you..

Mandy

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Is this possible and feasible? How much is the agency charging? Is the boat travel and hot air balloon insured? How much is the total charge including insurance? i am interested thank you..

Mandy
It's not real...

You can't get to Nova Scotia easily in a boat hired from Singapore.
There are no unowned islands. Somebody, somewhere has a claim.
The prevailing wind is from West to East, resulting in the high probability of landing in the sea or Greenland.

Reactions: scylla and YVR123

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
It's not real...

You can't get to Nova Scotia easily in a boat hired from Singapore.
There are no unowned islands. Somebody, somewhere has a claim.
The prevailing wind is from West to East, resulting in the high probability of landing in the sea or Greenland.
Oh that's bad then and high risk. I want to pass.

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017

Dude, you made my day! Keep these kinda posts coming!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I gotta give the OP props for creativity!

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
It's funny that people who have PR status ( RO may/may not be fulfilled) trying to figure out how to get back into the country without being detected.
Whereas Nigerians / Haitians just walk into the country through the undeclared border points with the US without any hassle.

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
It's funny that people who have PR status ( RO may/may not be fulfilled) trying to figure out how to get back into the country without being detected.
Whereas Nigerians / Haitians just walk into the country through the undeclared border points with the US without any hassle.
yeah it's true. some government policy sucks bad.

This world this earth is looking for a change.

Hopefully we will see NEW WORLD ORDER SOON.

illuminati is coming....