VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's funny that people who have PR status ( RO may/may not be fulfilled) trying to figure out how to get back into the country without being detected.
Whereas Nigerians / Haitians just walk into the country through the undeclared border points with the US without any hassle.
Would they do that, they would end up in a huge trouble later. Most of the time they do have to come to USA in some way (unless they are living there as illegals for years). So all it takes by their new application is to check with USA side their entries in the past. The moment they see an entry without exit, their inadmissibility is sealed. Illegal crossing is a crime.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
It's funny that people who have PR status ( RO may/may not be fulfilled) trying to figure out how to get back into the country without being detected.
Whereas Nigerians / Haitians just walk into the country through the undeclared border points with the US without any hassle.
It is NOT true that Nigerians or Haitians are just walking into Canada through the undeclared border points with the US without any hassle. With few exceptions they are interdicted and processed by CBSA almost immediately. This is as intended. Those who are not interdicted at the time of crossing, with some exceptions, seek out and initiate processing by CBSA or IRCC, so as to (they hope) obtain protected person status. They are seeking asylum. They will be DEPORTED unless they successfully prosecute a valid claim for asylum.

The extent of hassle that course of action involves is hard and oppressive. A real hassle.

And any doubts about the reasoning for the migration north of these individuals, for whom the U.S. had been providing asylum, are deeply rooted in ignorance (a lack of information about what is happening in that S*hole country to our south) or racism or, at the very least, a profound lack of compassion.

There probably is a significant number who elect to slip into the populace and avoid process, but unofficial immigration, more recently labeled "illegal" immigration following a trend established by less-accommodating, less-compassionate Americans beginning several decades ago, has always been a significant element in the migration of populations suffering extreme duress. Destination countries like Canada are, generally, well-situated to adapt (in contrast, some countries in other parts of the world can be overwhelmed by a massive influx of people fleeing danger).

Hopefully we will see NEW WORLD ORDER SOON.
NOT me, not by a long shot.

Sensible, reasonable people will RESIST the New World Order currently under construction. The U.S. appears to be hard fixed on a path to sever or extensively curtail BOTH economic and security/defense relationships with Europe, the UK, Australia, important Asian allies, and Canada (Trump has already taken some actions purportedly based on Canada being a security threat to the U.S.), and instead become an ally of an expanding Russia. This is not yet written in history let alone stone, but that is the current trajectory and it will require a remarkably strong and successfull resistance in the U.S., including the resounding defeat of the Trump Party (officially albeit misleadingly bearing the "Republican" label) by 2020, to avert it.

Just look at today's headlines about Canada imposing huge new tariffs on goods coming from the U.S., a necessary response to the insane machinations of the American Trump administration's Molotov cocktail approach to trade relationships. Almost no one failed to be cognizant of persistent problems with NAFTA, but just as it is with many or most big deal and problematic issues in the world today, no easy fix is readily available. Blowing it up, however, and along the way smashing the tax and tariff infrastructure upon which TENS if NOT HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of dollars in contractual relationships between U.S. and Canadian businesses depend, cannot be assumed to be rooted in mere misunderstanding or foolish recklessness. The Trump Party almost certainly is advancing an agenda, deliberately pursuing a NEW WORLD ORDER agenda, and Canada is going to be caught between succumbing to its big bully neighbour and joining it, in a groveling subservient role, OR maintaining its alliances with other members of the G6 (G7 minus the U.S.) and allies.

Not a pretty picture either way. "There's a hard rain a gonna fall."

I was living and working in the U.S. in 2000 and 2001. I went to the American Capitol the day Bush II was inaugurated in January 2001 and, rather futilely if not foolishly (for an old man) carried a sign in protest for most of the day, much it in a cold, cold rain. And then like more than a few others, doing what perhaps I should have done when in 1969 my draft lottery number came up low enough to face the draft (confession: I exercised the most cowardly way possible to avoid directly engaging in the American atrocity in Southeast Asia, I joined a branch of the military in a program which would keep me from going to Vietnam), I packed up as much as they would allow me to bring across the border and came north. Sure, there was also a woman to blame. With much love and affection and gratitude I should add. I expected Canada to be a mere stepping stone in my exile, but she helped me to learn how good it can be to be a Canadian (and her partner); so here I am, deeply grateful to the refuge and life this great country has provided me, and appreciative of the fact that this country, now MY country, is embracing almost as many immigrants as it practically can, reuniting families from around the world, offering refuge to many thousands of those who need a safe haven, and of course also attracting those who have the skills to help Canada's economy thrive . . . as well as it can . . . which, make no mistake, is NOT going to go smoothly in the coming years given the bellicose bully governing that overgrown, callow, and insolent country which dominates our part of the world.

It is disheartening to see how much a narcissistic, how-does-this-affect-me-personally, attitude influences the way so many approach the Canadian immigration system.

"The times they are a'changing." And NO, that New World Order on the horizon, that's not something to hope for. It's a dark, dark cloud.

Those like me, who Canada has allowed to come and stay, we should all be very grateful. There is a good chance the storm will pass. There is, however, too much a chance things will continue going in the direction Putin and Trump and many oligarchs (in addition to the Russians many many more who are not Russian) are driving things.

Buckle your seat belts. Could be a wild white-knuckle bumpy road ahead.

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kind of you have replied to something completely different. let say in short your discussion about USA today belongs more to the "others" section.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Kind of you have replied to something completely different. let say in short your discussion about USA today belongs more to the "others" section.
Apparently blown off course, a failing common to improvident hot air balloon ventures.

With apologies for letting some of the air out of earnest inquiries into nuances about international transportation via balloon.

Noting, however, to be clear, it is important to be reminded that the lives of refugees and undocumented migrants generally entail about as much hassle as the human life can endure, and they deserve not just empathy and compassion, but concrete support and a genuine opportunity to make their case . . . however they arrive, by balloon or on foot with all their worldly possessions in hand.

And a reminder that overall, with typical bureaucratic flaws aside albeit acknowledged, the Canadian immigration system is actually working well . . . processing TENS of MILLIONs of border crossing travelers every year (few traveling by balloon I'd proffer), and HALF a MILLION or so immigration and citizenship applications year in and year out.

In contrast, again, and again, there seems to be so many posts from positions of privilege here (me too, but with hope to do better), and all too many of them echoing the inhumanity heard in the voices from our neighbour to the south (frankly I suspect more than a few of the less compassionate posts here come from Americans), it truly is disheartening to see how much a narcissistic, how-does-this-affect-me-personally attitude, influences how so many view the Canadian immigration system.

And, after all, the whole transportation to Canada via balloon thing, all puns intended, is a bit over-the-top.

Last edited:

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
For sure why not charter a hot air balloon. Love the idea but what if a bird falls in love with you and tries to play with you by striking their beak on the hot air balloon, the fire like engine of hot air balloon will stop functioning and you might end up swimming deep below the atlantic ocean. Do you have friends inside the ocean to take care of you in case something goes wrong, friends like shark, whales and fish.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is NOT true that Nigerians or Haitians are just walking into Canada through the undeclared border points with the US without any hassle. With few exceptions they are interdicted and processed by CBSA almost immediately. This is as intended. Those who are not interdicted at the time of crossing, with some exceptions, seek out and initiate processing by CBSA or IRCC, so as to (they hope) obtain protected person status. They are seeking asylum. They will be DEPORTED unless they successfully prosecute a valid claim for asylum.

The extent of hassle that course of action involves is hard and oppressive. A real hassle.

And any doubts about the reasoning for the migration north of these individuals, for whom the U.S. had been providing asylum, are deeply rooted in ignorance (a lack of information about what is happening in that S*hole country to our south) or racism or, at the very least, a profound lack of compassion.

There probably is a significant number who elect to slip into the populace and avoid process, but unofficial immigration, more recently labeled "illegal" immigration following a trend established by less-accommodating, less-compassionate Americans beginning several decades ago, has always been a significant element in the migration of populations suffering extreme duress. Destination countries like Canada are, generally, well-situated to adapt (in contrast, some countries in other parts of the world can be overwhelmed by a massive influx of people fleeing danger).

NOT me, not by a long shot.

Sensible, reasonable people will RESIST the New World Order currently under construction. The U.S. appears to be hard fixed on a path to sever or extensively curtail BOTH economic and security/defense relationships with Europe, the UK, Australia, important Asian allies, and Canada (Trump has already taken some actions purportedly based on Canada being a security threat to the U.S.), and instead become an ally of an expanding Russia. This is not yet written in history let alone stone, but that is the current trajectory and it will require a remarkably strong and successfull resistance in the U.S., including the resounding defeat of the Trump Party (officially albeit misleadingly bearing the "Republican" label) by 2020, to avert it.

Just look at today's headlines about Canada imposing huge new tariffs on goods coming from the U.S., a necessary response to the insane machinations of the American Trump administration's Molotov cocktail approach to trade relationships. Almost no one failed to be cognizant of persistent problems with NAFTA, but just as it is with many or most big deal and problematic issues in the world today, no easy fix is readily available. Blowing it up, however, and along the way smashing the tax and tariff infrastructure upon which TENS if NOT HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of dollars in contractual relationships between U.S. and Canadian businesses depend, cannot be assumed to be rooted in mere misunderstanding or foolish recklessness. The Trump Party almost certainly is advancing an agenda, deliberately pursuing a NEW WORLD ORDER agenda, and Canada is going to be caught between succumbing to its big bully neighbour and joining it, in a groveling subservient role, OR maintaining its alliances with other members of the G6 (G7 minus the U.S.) and allies.

Not a pretty picture either way. "There's a hard rain a gonna fall."

I was living and working in the U.S. in 2000 and 2001. I went to the American Capitol the day Bush II was inaugurated in January 2001 and, rather futilely if not foolishly (for an old man) carried a sign in protest for most of the day, much it in a cold, cold rain. And then like more than a few others, doing what perhaps I should have done when in 1969 my draft lottery number came up low enough to face the draft (confession: I exercised the most cowardly way possible to avoid directly engaging in the American atrocity in Southeast Asia, I joined a branch of the military in a program which would keep me from going to Vietnam), I packed up as much as they would allow me to bring across the border and came north. Sure, there was also a woman to blame. With much love and affection and gratitude I should add. I expected Canada to be a mere stepping stone in my exile, but she helped me to learn how good it can be to be a Canadian (and her partner); so here I am, deeply grateful to the refuge and life this great country has provided me, and appreciative of the fact that this country, now MY country, is embracing almost as many immigrants as it practically can, reuniting families from around the world, offering refuge to many thousands of those who need a safe haven, and of course also attracting those who have the skills to help Canada's economy thrive . . . as well as it can . . . which, make no mistake, is NOT going to go smoothly in the coming years given the bellicose bully governing that overgrown, callow, and insolent country which dominates our part of the world.

It is disheartening to see how much a narcissistic, how-does-this-affect-me-personally, attitude influences the way so many approach the Canadian immigration system.

"The times they are a'changing." And NO, that New World Order on the horizon, that's not something to hope for. It's a dark, dark cloud.

Those like me, who Canada has allowed to come and stay, we should all be very grateful. There is a good chance the storm will pass. There is, however, too much a chance things will continue going in the direction Putin and Trump and many oligarchs (in addition to the Russians many many more who are not Russian) are driving things.

Buckle your seat belts. Could be a wild white-knuckle bumpy road ahead.
Lovely post...

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apparently blown off course, a failing common to improvident hot air balloon ventures.

With apologies for letting some of the air out of earnest inquiries into nuances about international transportation via balloon.

Noting, however, to be clear, it is important to be reminded that the lives of refugees and undocumented migrants generally entail about as much hassle as the human life can endure, and they deserve not just empathy and compassion, but concrete support and a genuine opportunity to make their case . . . however they arrive, by balloon or on foot with all their worldly possessions in hand.

And a reminder that overall, with typical bureaucratic flaws aside albeit acknowledged, the Canadian immigration system is actually working well . . . processing TENS of MILLIONs of border crossing travelers every year (few traveling by balloon I'd proffer), and HALF a MILLION or so immigration and citizenship applications year in and year out.

In contrast, again, and again, there seems to be so many posts from positions of privilege here (me too, but with hope to do better), and all too many of them echoing the inhumanity heard in the voices from our neighbour to the south (frankly I suspect more than a few of the less compassionate posts here come from Americans), it truly is disheartening to see how much a narcissistic, how-does-this-affect-me-personally attitude, influences how so many view the Canadian immigration system.

And, after all, the whole transportation to Canada via balloon thing, all puns intended, is a bit over-the-top.
Ok first to the original topic:
The whole question about the balloon travelling was in order to avoid to be reported because of the breach of RO. So not really any kind of desperate effort. That person was well aware of the rules (or should have been), but he was still trying to play the system in order to get the better deal. So sorry, not much sympathy there.

As for your reasoning there are 2 things that are sticking out:
1. I do have sympathy in case when the country is truck by a natural disaster. Then of course one should give a temporary help out so that the part of the country can be rebuild. And in case of very specific unrepairable disasters (for example a huge volcano explosion, that would make whole island of a small nation practically uninhabitable for centuries) the solution would have to be permanent.
2. I do also have sympathy in case a smaller country is attacked by an other country and is trying to deal with that. So while part of it is fighting back lot of civilians are trying to get a temporary refuge.
3. And I do understand if you come from the place where whatever you are is a severe minority and unfortunately how the law of the country is setup it would mean a severe threat for you. Then it is better to leave rather sooner than later.
4. And of course I do understand if you decide to legally immigrate somewhere else.

What is however happening is the illegal economic immigration. Where people look up somewhere else - for example USA, Canada, Germany, Austria, Ireland, UK.
And then they decide that people over there are much better off than they want to live like them right now.
OK. Just a little thing. None of these countries started as a rich country to begin with. There was a generation or generations of "suckers" that had to work hard argue and set some rules for the society to behave.
No, no aliens came and enforced democracy, LGBT acceptance or universal election rights upon people. They had to come together, talk and bit by bit improve the status.

Now those that are the least satisfied and most of the case are the motor of change opt to leave to get the better life, because they can.
Yet at the same time, the way to immigrate legally is setup strange.
At least in USA it is:
You can either win a lottery ( people are trying but with those laughable 2-3% one would not bet on it).
You can marry somebody there (and still jump through lot of hoops). And again many are trying to attract tourists just for that purpose. But again such route is not a standard one.
And then you can try to get 1 person of your family in and then others can slowly follow. And since it seems the easiest to get an USA child that will invite them all, that is what is happening. And of course the second best is to send out your teenager, as he or she would be minor and get an easier treatment (also in your country he or she is already regarded as adult).
And then the last you can try to use those few immigration streams coming from your employment. Where you will be waiting for years and years for nothing to happen at the end.

Now combine the said above with the silent practices of "looking elsewhere". (if you manage to be an illegal immigrant for years and years, so there must be plenty businesses who do not mind to hire you for cheap and exploit you all they want).

So what is created is a silent support of illegal immigration? Why? it gives tons of disposable workers (who were hunting their American dream only to find out that there is no such thing and now too ashamed to return home, or at least trying to save a bit before returning home).
And depending how your economy is performing, you will either silently support it more (to get more of them), or cool it down (to scare them off). Anyway, none of them is able to vote for you and most of the legal citizens do not really care.

Model that Canada and Australia have is a brain drain from other countries. They di realize, that they have plenty of low skilled in their country already. And the way the things are going lot of these jobs do disappear. So they go after people after university (adults, where they did not have to invest a dollar). who can start working and paying taxes.

In any case, the goal of these countries is not that much to save the world, but more like to secure assets in the competition to be able to survive.

And as for many of those coming from so called 3 world countries. Most of them would be able to get a decent living standard, of course if and only if majority of their citizens is willing to work towards it.