+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 TRV Online Application

Travelpinal

May 12, 2017
Applied paper based TRV on 19th April 2017 for 3 of us. Got the decision on 11th April. 10 years visa stamp. On an average decisions are made as per the estimated timeline declared by the cic.
Can you suggest me best case.
1. I want to apply for 2 week in July.
2. I & my husband both are salaried person.
3. I am doing full time job & getting 192000 annually & another job as consultant with 240000 annually.
4. my husband is getting 3840000 annually.
5. we have total 18000 CAD bank balance
6. and near about 30000 CAD investment.
7. Purpose of visit - to attend wedding of cousin brother
8. my sister & her husband has PR of CANADA

Does I have chance of getting Visa??

chimeruo88

May 13, 2017
Hi,

Can anyone share their timeline please. I know the waiting game can sometimes be nerve wracking. Knowing that there is someone out there waiting in the same timeline as you makes it a bit better.

Thank you!
Applied 5th may still hoping

chimeruo88

May 13, 2017
Applied for travel visa ,if eventually i get it and want to pursue for admission into the university,is it possible at all.thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied for a month.
2. My sister given invited me. For my cousin wedding. She showed in declaration that she take all responsibility.
3. Attach leave letter of myself and my husband.
4. Salary slip of both of us.
5. Bank statement which show total 18000 CAD.
6. Investment FD', mutual funds, nsc, lic which shows 20000CAD.
7. Wedding card
8. Tax return of last 3 year
9. My sister and her husband detail like pr card, health card, tax returns, annual income, employment letter
10. We do not have any travel history
1. Do you/your husband own property/land? Or have a rent agreement?

2. Do you live with other dependent family members? For example, your in-laws? Do you have children? If yes, are they minors?

3. Leave from employment for one month indicates weak employment ties. Do you have a must-return-by-date event/requirement for your work commitments?

4. Did you prepare a day-by-day itinerary to indicate what you plan do to during your visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Applied for travel visa ,if eventually i get it and want to pursue for admission into the university,is it possible at all.thanks
It depends on the study program that you intend to join. You'll have to check your eligibility. You may have to apply for a study permit from outside Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied for my wife's TRV online from INDIA on 5th April and There is no news yet. On the website, it was showing 18 days when I applied and now it turned to 22 days. Apparently, its been more than 22 days (working days) since I applied but no answer or no update yet. I've sent the status request on 6th May via web form but no answer on that yet. It's really frustrating. I re-scheduled her pre-booked ticket twice and now finally I canceled.

I have seen many people have submitted their application later than me and they got results but I'm still waiting. I'm anxious now.

Is there anyone who has the similar situation?? any suggestion ??
You would know this: It's typically difficult to get a TRV with an on-going spousal sponsorship application. Also, the time stated on the IRCC website is only an estimate/indicative. It is not a fixed processing time.

Most likely the other cases which you've referred to do not have PR apps in process. That's why they received their TRVs/decisions sooner.

You can only wait and hope for the best :)

Travelpinal

May 12, 2017

2. Do you live with other dependent family members? For example, your in-laws? Do you have children? If yes, are they minors?

3. Leave from employment for one month indicates weak employment ties. Do you have a must-return-by-date event/requirement for your work commitments?

4. Did you prepare a day-by-day itinerary to indicate what you plan do to during your visit?
1. We live with in—lows . House is on in-laws name. We have our car and small land with my husband name.
2. I don't have child. Nobody is dependent on us.
3. Can we reduce no of days to 2 weeks. If reapply.
4. I ternary plan mean what we are going to do every day

Amanheir

May 13, 2017
I applied online they said its going to take 16days and paper application takes 20days.
Have been waiting as applied online on 26th april and have a wedding to be attended on 20th may still no reply am so worried.
Are there chances that they give visa after wedding day too

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied online they said its going to take 16days and paper application takes 20days.
Have been waiting as applied online on 26th april and have a wedding to be attended on 20th may still no reply am so worried.
Are there chances that they give visa after wedding day too
Processing times are only estimates. Actual processing can take much longer.

Unfortunately, the visa officer does not consider an event date when s/he assesses an application. We have seen numerous cases of applicants getting refusals/approvals after the events were over.

Hope for the best

Amanheir

May 13, 2017
Tha
Processing times are only estimates. Actual processing can take much longer.

Unfortunately, the visa officer does not consider an event date when s/he assesses an application. We have seen numerous cases of applicants getting refusals/approvals after the events were over.

Hope for the best
Thnks for your reply hope to hear coming week.
Fingers crossed

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the reply, Bryana.
But as per IRPA section 22(2): An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay. Which means it doesn't make any sense if CIC holding an application just because an applicant is my wife and her family sponsorship is in the process.
Dual intent is perfectly legit. I didn't say anything to the effect that her TRV application is being kept on hold as she has a PR application in process.

What I said is that it is more difficult to get a TRV in such situations. Again, there have been applicants who were issued TRVs despite having PR applications in process (I have helped quite a few).

I understand that the indicative time is an estimation, not a promise but there suppose to be responsible communication or reasonable processing time. On one hand, CIC is processing some application (no offense to them) before the processing time and on other, they are keeping the application on hold or delay the process for the people like me. This is totally unfair to the applicants who has the similar condition.
Again, I think you've misunderstood the TRV and/or PR application process. Applications are not kept on hold until decisions are made on the PR applications.

Even applicants who do not have PR applications in process, have faced delays recently for TRVs.

We have followed the process, paid the fees and been patient more than it needed. This stupid process really not making any sense where a genuine couple who wants to be united for few weeks before their PR process gets to its decision. Friends of mine who are on work permit brought their wives here in a matter of 2 weeks and people like me who can't do that just because they are permanent resident and CIC has some insecurity that the spouse coming to visit would not leave the country. I mean how stupid is it? Who really wants to jeopardize their PR application breaking the law like this? As for being or non-being PR/Temporary resident, we pay huge TAXEs, We pay Immigration fees, we have all the documentation right and we have genuine reason still making people hold/delaying the process in just a shake of this reason is torture.
An aside: We have exceeded LICO by far since several years. Yet my parents did not get selected in the PGP lottery, but there are people who do NOT meet LICO and whose parents have been selected. They have taken away spots from more eligible Canadians. Anyways. It's all part of the process. We have to learn to accept the rules and live with it

Bryana, I appreciate your reply. I'm sorry but I'm just frustrated right now.
P.S. I'm well aware that why CIC is insecure at giving VISA to the spousal applicants but there should be a logical way as well to help people who come under this category. People shares their privacy(chats) in a shake of getting PR, CIC should respect their desire.
Maybe you can provide feedback to IRCC which could help to improve the visa process

Last edited:

Travelpinal

May 12, 2017

1. We live with in—lows . House is on in-laws name. We have our car and small land with my husband name.
2. I don't have child. Nobody is dependent on us.
3. Can we reduce no of days to 2 weeks. If reapply.
4. I ternary plan mean what we are going to do every day

nish234

May 12, 2017
The processing time mentioned on the IRCC website is an estimate/not a guaranteed time for processing TRVs. Actual processing time can take much longer depending on the application + other factors.

A personal visit/call to the visa office will not help at all.

It's pointless sending multiple Web forms. Visa processing is going to take as long as it takes.

The only solution: Do be patient. The visa office has to do its checks/processes. You will get a decision when they are done
Thanks Bryanna. I hope I get the decision soon.