+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 TRV Online Application

positiv1

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi,

Can anyone share their timeline please. I know the waiting game can sometimes be nerve wracking. Knowing that there is someone out there waiting in the same timeline as you makes it a bit better.

Thank you!

ilsa

Sep 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/march-online-visitors-visa-applicants-anyone-left-out-t489138.0.html

Follow the above link

Swapna26

Apr 25, 2017
positiv1 said:
Hi,

Can anyone share their timeline please. I know the waiting game can sometimes be nerve wracking. Knowing that there is someone out there waiting in the same timeline as you makes it a bit better.

Thank you!
Applied 8th April, Online.. No Updates :(

manickvj

May 10, 2017
Submitted passport in VAC Bangalore on Apr 24th for my parents. The only update from the VAC is: Visa application, tracking ID *** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, BANGALORE.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
This is the first time we are applying, so not sure what to expect. Any thoughts how long it would take after submitting the passport to VAC? thanks.

Reactions: SoniaD

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Submitted passport in VAC Bangalore on Apr 24th for my parents. The only update from the VAC is: Visa application, tracking ID *** is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, BANGALORE.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
This is the first time we are applying, so not sure what to expect. Any thoughts how long it would take after submitting the passport to VAC? thanks.
30 to 35 days atleast due to holiday rush. I have applied on 19th April.

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
I applied online on 17th and was showing submitted on 18th Apr, got passport request today, I have confirmed ticket for Monday ... and submitting passport in delhi directly ... will CIC accept passport or I have to go thr VFS only.

manickvj

May 10, 2017
Thank you! They have booked their US travel for May 25th. The Canada visa was an addition to visit family. It's probably cutting it too close. Is there a way to request the passport to be returned?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you! They have booked their US travel for May 25th. The Canada visa was an addition to visit family. It's probably cutting it too close. Is there a way to request the passport to be returned?
There's still a good two weeks before their travel date.

You can send an email + CSE to the Bangalore consulate (include copies of their US flight tickets) and request for expedited decisions.

If this does not work then mid-next week, email the Bangalore consulate again requesting for their passports to be returned WITHOUT withdrawing their applications. If they get passport requests when they are in the US, they can submit their passports to the NY/LA VAC for visa stamping

Reactions: manickvj

manickvj

May 10, 2017
There's still a good two weeks before their travel date.

You can send an email + CSE to the Bangalore consulate (include copies of their US flight tickets) and request for expedited decisions.

If this does not work then mid-next week, email the Bangalore consulate again requesting for their passports to be returned WITHOUT withdrawing their applications. If they get passport requests when they are in the US, they can submit their passports to the NY/LA VAC for visa stamping
Super helpful! Thank you Bryanna. Pardon me for asking, what is CSE? I found the email - BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and will possibly send an email requesting them to provide a quick decision. I am assuming the stamping will happen in Delhi even though the passport was submitted in Bangalore, right? thanks again!

positiv1

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I applied on April 26 online for my parents and got a PPR May 06. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
manickvj, post: 6001588, member: 669515"]Super helpful! Thank you Bryanna. Pardon me for asking, what is CSE? I found the email - BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and will possibly send an email requesting them to provide a quick decision. I am assuming the stamping will happen in Delhi even though the passport was submitted in Bangalore, right? thanks again!
Yes, that's the email address.

CSE is Case Specific Enquiry ie a Web form to contact IRCC.

No, visa stamping will be done by the Bangalore consulate, not by NDVO

Reactions: manickvj

nish234

May 12, 2017
Hi, I have applied for TRV online on April 7 but haven't received any update. The website says official processing time is 22 days but it's already past that. I have also visited the embassy to find out what's holding it back, but all in vain! I have already filled up the Web form multiple times but get only standard reply that they are processing the visas in the order that they have received it. Is there anything that can be done to get it sooner. The wait is killing me!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I have applied for TRV online on April 7 but haven't received any update. The website says official processing time is 22 days but it's already past that. I have also visited the embassy to find out what's holding it back, but all in vain! I have already filled up the Web form multiple times but get only standard reply that they are processing the visas in the order that they have received it. Is there anything that can be done to get it sooner. The wait is killing me!
The processing time mentioned on the IRCC website is an estimate/not a guaranteed time for processing TRVs. Actual processing time can take much longer depending on the application + other factors.

A personal visit/call to the visa office will not help at all.

It's pointless sending multiple Web forms. Visa processing is going to take as long as it takes.

The only solution: Do be patient. The visa office has to do its checks/processes. You will get a decision when they are done

Travelerinc

Apr 20, 2017
Applied paper based TRV on 19th April 2017 for 3 of us. Got the decision on 11th April. 10 years visa stamp. On an average decisions are made as per the estimated timeline declared by the cic.