+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2017 TRV Online Application

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied for my in-laws TRV on April 25th -online and got the passport request today ie May 16 almost 22 days. By the way, I applied in India.

I have a question about sending the passport, Is there an option of mailing the passport to the CIC office instead of delivering to VFS in person. I did not read any option of mailing it. I am actually confused with those instructions regarding passport stamping. With VFS payment etc they mention of paying cash at the time of dropping passport and that is not possible if you mail it to them.
No, you cannot mail the passport directly to the visa office. The only option is to submit your passport in-person to the nearest VFS office.

If you are unable to submit your passport personally, you can authorize a representative (no specific format or form for this) to submit it in-person on your behalf to the VFS office

Reactions: d0ct0r

d0ct0r

May 16, 2017
No, you cannot mail the passport directly to the visa office. The only option is to submit your passport in-person to the nearest VFS office.

If you are unable to submit your passport personally, you can authorize a representative (no specific format or form for this) to submit it in-person on your behalf to the VFS office
ooh that is a very difficult and an expensive option. Unfortunately, the visa office is some distance away from where my in-laws live. I am surprised that they have no mail in option for India.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ooh that is a very difficult and an expensive option. Unfortunately, the visa office is some distance away from where my in-laws live. I am surprised that they have no mail in option for India.
There are several VFS offices across India. There must be a VFS nearby or you can authorize someone else to submit it

Reactions: d0ct0r

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I have applied for my wifes Tourist Visa on 28th April at Mumbai VFS and they admitted it under CAN+ Program .
On 1st May onwards I am seeing status as
Visa application, tracking ID XYZ is being processed at the Canada Visa Office, BANGALORE.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.

I was expecting CAN+ should get processed in 2 weeks time. While Mumbai VFS admitted under CAN+ is there way of knowing if at Bangalore office is getting processed under CAN+ By when I should expect response on decision from VAC

Thanks,
Milind

manickvj

May 10, 2017
That's great news. Well in time before your parents' flights to the US.

They will get their passports back tomorrow through Blue Dart. You will know the decision only when they get their passports back. You try linking their paper apps to the online account to check if the 'Final decision' status is available

Fingers crossed
I am more concerned about getting the passports back and their travel to US. Can always apply again at US... but hopefully, the final decision for the Canada visa is a good one! Will surely update the forum once my parents receive the passport. thank you!

schrodinger78

May 16, 2017
My parents applied online from India (new delhi consulate) on March 26th. Still no update. They are already here in the US. I am hoping the passport can be sent to a local center for stamping. No way to find any info online.

Any ideas what to do on expediting the visa application?

Mannat0612

May 16, 2017
Hi, I applied for visitor visa for Canada via online application on 23rd April. The online processing time is estimated to be 22 days. The application status says my application is still in progress. As much as I understand, the 22 days time is only an estimated duration. However, I have already booked my tickets and I am flying to USA on the 4th of June. I don't know when the visa will come through. And even if it does come through, if I am in USA by then, what to do then? Can I submit my passport at the local VFS office in NYC or if I can get a scan of the Canadian visa on mail?? The helpline no. Available for online applications is only for cusa applications from Canada itself. Please help. I am actually panicking! Should I visit the VFS office/Canadian high commission in Delhi??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was expecting CAN+ should get processed in 2 weeks time. While Mumbai VFS admitted under CAN+ is there way of knowing if at Bangalore office is getting processed under CAN+ By when I should expect response on decision from VAC
Hi Milind,

CAN+ is only a request for expedited processing. If your wife has another visa application in progress (for example, PR)..... or if the visa office has sought some information from another source then her TRV app may/may not be considered under CAN+

Having said that, as it was accepted under CAN+, you can try sending a Case Specific Enquiry. Mention that you had applied under CAN+ and request the visa office to let you know if they require any additional documents/information to make an expedited decision

Cheers

manickvj

May 10, 2017
I am more concerned about getting the passports back and their travel to US. Can always apply again at US... but hopefully, the final decision for the Canada visa is a good one! Will surely update the forum once my parents receive the passport. thank you!
My parents got the passports back, but Unfortunately not the visa. They had sited funds, potential over stay in Canada as reasons for refusal of visa. Strange. But, am glad the passports are back and they can travel to US. I may try applying again at US. Let's see.
Thanks again for all the inputs.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My parents got the passports back, but Unfortunately not the visa. They had sited funds, potential over stay in Canada as reasons for refusal of visa. Strange. But, am glad the passports are back and they can travel to US. I may try applying again at US. Let's see.
Thanks again for all the inputs.
Sorry to know that they were refused.

If you need help in reapplying, do let us know

manickvj

May 10, 2017
Sorry to know that they were refused.

If you need help in reapplying, do let us know
thank you so much! I am not sure if it is worthwhile to re-apply in US. Not sure what else needs to be changed in the application. They have sited "Travel History", "Family ties in Canada and in country of residence", & "Not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets"

Last edited:

Travelpinal

May 12, 2017
Hi,

1. Do you/your husband pay for any expenses or utility bills or medical insurance of your in-laws?

2. You can certainly reduce your visit to two weeks. But to make it convincing (because you had stated a one month's trip earlier), you must include some work commitment which necessitates that you/your husband must return by a specific date

3. Do post the complete list of documents which you and your husband had submitted + share more details about your employment (for example, are you a freelance consultant?)

4. Yes, you must include a day-by-day itinerary for the wedding, sightseeing, meeting family/friends.... with expense estimates. And, prove that you can pay for the visit with your finances + for the airfare

All amounts stated in your application must be in both INR/CAD

Cheers
Hi,

1. Do you/your husband pay for any expenses or utility bills or medical insurance of your in-laws?

2. You can certainly reduce your visit to two weeks. But to make it convincing (because you had stated a one month's trip earlier), you must include some work commitment which necessitates that you/your husband must return by a specific date

3. Do post the complete list of documents which you and your husband had submitted + share more details about your employment (for example, are you a freelance consultant?)

4. Yes, you must include a day-by-day itinerary for the wedding, sightseeing, meeting family/friends.... with expense estimates. And, prove that you can pay for the visit with your finances + for the airfare

All amounts stated in your application must be in both INR/CAD

Cheers
1. We are paying 8000 INR Every month for expenses only.
3. I am doing job as android developer getting 16000 salary / month fulltime, i m doing this job from Nov - 2016, I LEFT MY previous job in sept - 2016. Also doing consulting job on my free time from last 5 years and getting 20000. I submitted leave letter from both form. And experience letter from previous job.
4. My husband doing job as tech experts from last 10 years in same firm. He also submitted leave letter.
5. Other than i submitted
Form 16 last 3 years
Income tax file last 3 year
Investment And bank statement
Wedding card
Declaration from my sister
Invitation letter
Pr card of my sister, her income related documents.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thank you so much! I am not sure if it is worthwhile to re-apply in US. Not sure what else needs to be changed in the application. They have sited "Travel History", "Family ties in Canada and in country of residence", & "Not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets"
It would be easier to advise if you can post the documents they submitted + how long did they want to visit Canada + how long will they be in the US + do they have any immediate family in India? Also, were there any large deposits shortly before applying?

usaorcanada

May 17, 2017
I applied for my in-laws TRV on April 25th -online and got the passport request today ie May 16 almost 22 days. By the way, I applied in India.

I have a question about sending the passport, Is there an option of mailing the passport to the CIC office instead of delivering to VFS in person. I did not read any option of mailing it. I am actually confused with those instructions regarding passport stamping. With VFS payment etc they mention of paying cash at the time of dropping passport and that is not possible if you mail it to them.
Hi,
While reading through the forum, I saw your post. I am preparing to apply for my in-laws TRV, so wanted to ask what supporting documents you submitter and how much fund need to saw for one month visit.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. We are paying 8000 INR Every month for expenses only.
3. I am doing job as android developer getting 16000 salary / month fulltime, i m doing this job from Nov - 2016, I LEFT MY previous job in sept - 2016. Also doing consulting job on my free time from last 5 years and getting 20000. I submitted leave letter from both form. And experience letter from previous job.
4. My husband doing job as tech experts from last 10 years in same firm. He also submitted leave letter.
5. Other than i submitted
Form 16 last 3 years
Income tax file last 3 year
Investment And bank statement
Wedding card
Declaration from my sister
Invitation letter
Pr card of my sister, her income related documents.
Both you and your husband must submit more evidence of your employment ties (which is your only strong tie).

For yourself:
1. For the android developer job: Employment and confirmation letters + leave approval letter + 6 months salary slips + 6 months bank statements to prove the salary

2. For the previous employment: Employment certificate (when you resigned) + 6 months salary slips + bank statements to prove that salary

3. For the consultant work: Are you a freelance consultant or you work with a company on a consultant basis? If you are employed by a company then the same documents as Point 1

For your husband: Same as Point 1

Both you and your husband must include evidence of:
1. Paying for the shared home expenses with your in-laws

2. Loan repayment statement for the car (if it applies)

3. FD Interest Certificates + letters from the bank that the FDs are not mortgaged and can be liquidated if required

4. A must-return-by-date event for your work commitments + one other reason such as taking care of your in-laws (for a medical reason, if it is the case) or a wedding in the immediate family

5. A day-by-day itinerary for the wedding, sightseeing, etc with expense estimates + prove you have the liquid funds (bank balance) to pay for the itinerary and airfares

6. Evidence to show you are related to your cousin (if possible) + an invitation email from him/her for the wedding

7. If your personal/individual financial situation is not sufficient to pay for your visit/airfare then you must include a Letter of Financial Support from your husband + his bank statements in your TRV application