+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Hey all, April 28th applicant here. I finally got through to CIC to ask why I hadn't heard anything about our AOR1 yet. The agent said there's a note on our file that our package was incomplete (missing identification documents- impossible but anyway) and was sent back to me yesterday. My question is: has anyone had a package sent back and do they know approx how long it took to arrive from CIC to you? The agent told me they send it via regular mail and.. I just moved yesterday so my address is still on file as the old one. I don't want to miss getting it!

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am confused...so you DID declare if you mentioned it, no? Or was there something you have to fill out or notify change of marital status or..?? Like do you think you misrepresented yourself or
I did declare it to the Immigration Officer on my landing, but I do not recall getting it in writing regarding my change in marital status (as the CIC rep informed I should have gotten). I do not know how to get this fixed to get my SA.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I did declare it to the Immigration Officer on my landing, but I do not recall getting it in writing regarding my change in marital status (as the CIC rep informed I should have gotten). I do not know how to get this fixed to get my SA.
Not sure if that could pose a significant problem if they do consider it misrepresentation...If I were you I would post a separate thread dedicated to this so maybe some senior members can look and help??

Kuleng24

Star Member
May 12, 2017
So I just spoke to a representative from CIC regarding why I still haven't received by SA, though I got my AOR1 on May 18. So apparently, they say that i landed as PR late Jan and I got married early Jan 2017. They are investigating why I didn't declare her when I landed here. I told them that i had mentioned it to the immigration officer at the time of landing, and they asked me if I have that in writing from the Immigration Officer. How was I supposed to know that I am expected to get a letter in writing from them regarding the declaration? The CIC rep told me that they have a note from the case processing officer from May 25th, indicating that they are looking for a shred of evidence regarding this declaration.

Anyone else in similar situations?
Hi! Would you mind if i ask which country is she from? And where did you get married? So you landed january 2016 and got married january 2017? And the question is why you didn't declare her. Declare her as what if you just got married?
That's a little bit weird. My husband landed late january 2016 and then he went home and we got married in December 2016. He also didn't declare me or anything. But here's our timeline:
App received: april 26
Aor: may 19
Decision made on eligibility: may 25 (he was approved as my sponsor 6 days after they opened our application)
Medical request for PA: may 30
So far our application is going smoothly.
Maybe you just need to wait a little bit more.

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi! Would you mind if i ask which country is she from? And where did you get married? So you landed january 2016 and got married january 2017? And the question is why you didn't declare her. Declare her as what if you just got married?
That's a little bit weird. My husband landed late january 2016 and then he went home and we got married in December 2016. He also didn't declare me or anything. But here's our timeline:
App received: april 26
Aor: may 19
Decision made on eligibility: may 25 (he was approved as my sponsor 6 days after they opened our application)
Medical request for PA: may 30
So far our application is going smoothly.
Maybe you just need to wait a little bit more.
She is from India. I was on a work permit and got my COPR on Nov 2016, so on my landing in Jan 2017 i became a PR. We got married in Jan 2017 when I went to India, prior to my landing. I was told that they left a note on May 25 investigating the evaluation of our sponsorship. I dont have my landing documents on me at the moment, to check if they did put a note their regarding my change in marital status. Will wait till i reach home after work today, to investigate if they did note any changes in my landing documents.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
She is from India. I was on a work permit and got my COPR on Nov 2016, so on my landing in Jan 2017 i became a PR. We got married in Jan 2017 when I went to India, prior to my landing. I was told that they left a note on May 25 investigating the evaluation of our sponsorship. I dont have my landing documents on me at the moment, to check if they did put a note their regarding my change in marital status. Will wait till i reach home after work today, to investigate if they did note any changes in my landing documents.

Found this thread which can be related to your case.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/change-in-status-after-obtaining-copr.117447/

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Hey all, April 28th applicant here. I finally got through to CIC to ask why I hadn't heard anything about our AOR1 yet. The agent said there's a note on our file that our package was incomplete (missing identification documents- impossible but anyway) and was sent back to me yesterday. My question is: has anyone had a package sent back and do they know approx how long it took to arrive from CIC to you? The agent told me they send it via regular mail and.. I just moved yesterday so my address is still on file as the old one. I don't want to miss getting it!
Are you in Canada? When my application was returned it took 5 days from when the rejection letter was dated till received AND they used an incorrect postal code so perhaps that took an extra day or two for delivery with Canada Post. The weird thing is they say they send it back regular mail but the package was too large so it had to be a parcel. When I got it back I noticed it came with a tracking number but obviously they never gave it to me so it actually could've been tracked.

MRS STYLZ

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 15-06-2017 SA:19-06-2017 AOR2:13-07-2017
File Transfer...
07-07-2017
Med's Request
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
08/09/2017
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
07-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2017
LANDED..........
15-01-2018
yes, I´ve been trying this morning but.."high volume of calls"..so no dice.
Me too. Been trying for the past 3 days. Guess we just have to wait.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Are you in Canada? When my application was returned it took 5 days from when the rejection letter was dated till received AND they used an incorrect postal code so perhaps that took an extra day or two for delivery with Canada Post. The weird thing is they say they send it back regular mail but the package was too large so it had to be a parcel. When I got it back I noticed it came with a tracking number but obviously they never gave it to me so it actually could've been tracked.
Heya, yes I'm in Calgary. Ok, well it's good to know at least that it came fairly quickly for you (I'm going to visit my partner in Argentina in two weeks and if it doesn't come before then, we are looking at a really long wait until we can get it sent back in.
Can I ask you what your experience was like with this? What documents were you missing? Did it look like they had reviewed your whole application and given you a run-down of what was missing, or simply stopped processing at the first missing part? You might not be able to answer all this hah, that's ok.

mizzcheviouz

Apr 19, 2017
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Heya, yes I'm in Calgary. Ok, well it's good to know at least that it came fairly quickly for you (I'm going to visit my partner in Argentina in two weeks and if it doesn't come before then, we are looking at a really long wait until we can get it sent back in.
Can I ask you what your experience was like with this? What documents were you missing? Did it look like they had reviewed your whole application and given you a run-down of what was missing, or simply stopped processing at the first missing part? You might not be able to answer all this hah, that's ok.
In had my application returned to me as well, it took about a week, and I live in Brampton (next to Mississauga). From the checklist, they stopped at the first thing that was missing. There was one important document which I didn't send and they didn't flag me for that, instead it was just the chat history they wanted. Just triple check everything before you send it next time, and it's nerve wrecking waiting for the AOR when everyone after you has received it.

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
1. Incomplete translated birth certificate that wasn't properly certified. We used a notary public who owns a translation company and assured me she's been doing Canadian immigration apps for 20+ years and knew what she was doing blah blah blah. Only reason my app was returned... :/
2. It would make sense they check the whole app for completeness. It appeared they went through everything because all sticky tabs, paperclips were removed and envelope of our pics were opened. They highlighted what was missing but we had to guess what exactly made the document incomplete. My biggest complaint is they don't really pinpoint or make a note what you're missing. It also doesn't really help when you try to call agents for assistance and they give you generic answers.

Hopefully your case is straightforward and get it back soon!

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
When you got your PPR email it should've clearly said that if there is a change in marital status before you land, you have to notify CIC immediately. If you did that, they would've asked you to return your CoPR that they sent to you and they would add your spouse to your application. They would've asked her to do medicals and a police check, and in 2-5 months they would issue CoPR's for both of you.
I believe instructions you get with your CoPR also state that if you fail to declare your marriage prior to landing, you lose the right to sponsor your spouse in future.

Do a bit of digging, there is ton of info on that on the forum. I did a similar research because I was in a similar situation - landing and getting married the same month. I ended up rescheduling the marriage ceremony to a later date so I could land as PR and then get married and apply for family sponsorship.

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Sorry to hear. It seems that you unknowingly committed a blunder by not declaring your change of status prior to landing. Its a case of misrepresentation and may attract penal provisions. Advice you to search for any proof you may have from landing doc that you actually declared your change of status. That's the only hope you have. Good Luck

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Can it be fixed by requesting an amendment to the record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence form and attaching the original COPR and marriage certificate? I did mention it to the Immigration officer, but there is no documented note on the copy of the CoPR indicating that i mentioned change in status. Also i had accidentally signed on the CoPR indicating no dependents. Sigh.....23 hour flight with jet lag and 12 hour stop over at the US...lead to an accidental case of misrepresentation. Is it true that they can revoke my PR and will ban me from sponsoring my wife again?

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
1. Incomplete translated birth certificate that wasn't properly certified. We used a notary public who owns a translation company and assured me she's been doing Canadian immigration apps for 20+ years and knew what she was doing blah blah blah. Only reason my app was returned... :/
2. It would make sense they check the whole app for completeness. It appeared they went through everything because all sticky tabs, paperclips were removed and envelope of our pics were opened. They highlighted what was missing but we had to guess what exactly made the document incomplete. My biggest complaint is they don't really pinpoint or make a note what you're missing. It also doesn't really help when you try to call agents for assistance and they give you generic answers.

Hopefully your case is straightforward and get it back soon!
OMG. I feel like the biggest idiot. Your comment made me realize: we somehow didn't even see (don't ask me how because I was ridiculously pedantic about this application) the requirement for the BIRTH CERTIFICATE!! We feel like HUGE idiots. At least we know what to expect probably. Can't believe that cost us a month.. Thanks for the info, that was a light bulb moment haha.

Reactions: canadiantica15