Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,

I have received my COPR, and yet to finish my landing. In the mean time I got married and my marital status changed. Can I land by showing the current COPR (martial status 'SINGLE') and my marriage certificate at the airport? I am the only applicant for the PR.

I have already e-mailed CPP-O about the change in my status, and yet to receive a reply.

Please advise or share your thoughts as I am running out of time on my landing visa. I have only 2 months left on the landing visa. Thank you.

-Frontenacs

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you cannot land. If you land using the CORP you have now, you will never be able to sponsor your spouse. You will also be committing misreprestation by landing as a single person when you are actually married. Misrepresentation can result in having your PR status revoked.

You need to return your CORP without using it, inform the VO that you are now married and submit all of the forms and supporting documentation required to add your new spouse to your applicaiton. You must then wait for your spouse's documentation to be reviewed so that a new CORP can be issued.

Whatever you do, do not land on the CORP you have now.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
No - you cannot land. If you land using the CORP you have now, you will never be able to sponsor your spouse. You will also be committing misreprestation by landing as a single person when you are actually married. Misrepresentation can result in having your PR status revoked.

You need to return your CORP without using it, inform the VO that you are now married and submit all of the forms and supporting documentation required to add your new spouse to your applicaiton. You must then wait for your spouse's documentation to be reviewed so that a new CORP can be issued.

Whatever you do, do not land on the CORP you have now.
Thank you Scylla for your reply. This is a very sticky situation for me. My COPR and landing visa both expire on Nov/27/2012. I fear I will be able to finish all documentation for my spouse before my landing visa expires.

I have emailed the VO regarding my status change, but yet to receive a reply and their suggestion to move forward. Every day counts for me now, do you think I will just mail the documents to VO ASAP?

What are the forms and documentations I need to submit for my spouse?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your current CORP is no longer valid since you are now married. This is why you have to return your CORP rather than using it to land. Once your spouse's documents are reviewed, you will both be issued new CORPs with new landing dates. For this reason it doesn't matter when your current CORP expires. Yes - you should just mail all of the documents to the VO. I have never been through the process of adding a spouse to an application and can't tell you exactly which documents you need to submit. I would recommend that you either review the application guide or wait for someone else on this forum to answer.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the only applicant. My spouse is not applying for PR. Do I need two COPRs?
Adding an applicant to my original PR application may need 'lot' of work and delay my landing unexpectedly. So, I am planning to request my VO to change my COPR and with the current immigrant visa (expiry: Nov/27/2012) I would be able to land myself alone.

I will follow up with my spouse's PR application later after landing. Am I assuming too much here?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Goodluck with that. There are stories in this forum about people trying to "land" without revealing their new spouse, were detained at the border and put on the next flight back to their home country. One guy also received a 2 year ban. So beware!!

frotenacs said:
I am the only applicant. My spouse is not applying for PR. Do I need two COPRs?
Adding an applicant to my original PR application may need 'lot' of work and delay my landing unexpectedly. So, I am planning to request my VO to change my COPR and with the current immigrant visa (expiry: Nov/27/2012) I would be able to land myself alone.

I will follow up with my spouse's PR application later after landing. Am I assuming too much here?

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks SenoritaBella for your inputs.

I have already notified my VO about my marital status change, and yet to receive a reply regarding next course of action. In the mean time I am planning to fax VO some documents related to my marriage. I do not know yet if VO would suggest me to add my spouse as an applicant, or I will remain the only applicant until I finish my landing. But yes, I am not landing with the current COPR where it says 'marital status - SINGLE'.

My fingers are crossed and hoping VO replies back ASAP.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
You should have waited to land before getting married, why such a hurry ?
Can you divorce/cancel marriage then get married again after you land ?

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone.. bump.

it's been 9 days since I sent an email to CPP-Ottawa, yet to receive a reply.
Should I return my COPR or wait for a reply from Ottawa?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
scylla has answered this question for you. Anyway, return the COPR to the visa office and submit forms for your wife. A reply from Ottawa will ask you to do the same thing, so no point continuing to waste time - there are no exceptions to this rule. Read the provincial nominee guide to figure out which forms you must complete for your wife. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp

frotenacs said:
Anyone.. bump.

newbrunswicker

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
frotenacs said:
Anyone.. bump.

If you are already in Canada, contact your local Member of Parliament office. They are usually able to help in such situations.

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newbrunswicker said:
If you are already in Canada, contact your local Member of Parliament office. They are usually able to help in such situations.
That is a good suggestion. But unfortunately I do not live in Canada any more. May I ask a friend who lives in Canada to ask them on my behalf?

It's been 14 days since I e-mailed Ottawa about my status change. They have not replied me yet. Why are they taking so much time in sending a reply and their suggestion. It is hard for me to return Ottawa my COPR letter until I am asked so by the visa office. COPR is the only letter I have in hand and a landing visa which is going to expire on Nov/27/2012.

vips

Jul 13, 2010
Hi frotenacs,

I am also going through the same dilemma. I am a FSW2 applicant. I mailed my wife's documents to the VO last week ... but yesterday i got my COPR and PP back. Please suggest should i return my COPR or wait for the embassy to ask for it.

Also any idea how much time will this take.( to complete the process)

Thanks,

amla

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
17-09-2013
Nomination.....
October 2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
File Transfer...
26-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2013
Interview........
In Process: 12-04-2013
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
14-03-2014
Hey guys,

I hope that all of you guys went okay through this process. Since I'm going through the same process, would you please inform me what you did.

Thanks a lot for your sharing,
Amla