12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Hi,
i have the same case as that of my brother...He received his visa and COPR last april and decided to get married last month.....he has not landed yet....he tried informing the visa office in UAE responsible for his visa....bit hasnt received a reply yet....is there anyone here.....who were able to resolved this kind of problem.?pls let us know.....

bun_ny_18

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC, Novo Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-11
Nomination.....
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2013
Med's Request
31-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
frotenacs said:
That is a good suggestion. But unfortunately I do not live in Canada any more. May I ask a friend who lives in Canada to ask them on my behalf?

It's been 14 days since I e-mailed Ottawa about my status change. They have not replied me yet. Why are they taking so much time in sending a reply and their suggestion. It is hard for me to return Ottawa my COPR letter until I am asked so by the visa office. COPR is the only letter I have in hand and a landing visa which is going to expire on Nov/27/2012.
Hi..
I am interested as to what happen to your application....because my brother is also experiencing the same problem.....he tried informing the visa office in UAE responsible for his visa processing....including d MPNP....but has not received a reply yet...,how did u go about it?thank you...your reply would be of great help

bun_ny_18

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC, Novo Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-11
Nomination.....
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2013
Med's Request
31-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
vips said:
Hi frotenacs,

I am also going through the same dilemma. I am a FSW2 applicant. I mailed my wife's documents to the VO last week ... but yesterday i got my COPR and PP back. Please suggest should i return my COPR or wait for the embassy to ask for it.

Also any idea how much time will this take.( to complete the process)

Thanks,
Hello vips,
My brother has d same problem....he got married prior going to canada...he has his COPr as single status...he tried contacting the visa office regarding the change of status,.,,but no reply yet....may i know what forms uve submitted?thanky u....he applied under the MPNP

dilibaba

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Can you people share your experiences?
I am in the same position but I need to add my child and we are expecting our child in August.

anupamar89

Jul 28, 2017
Recently i got my Passport submissio request.while applying for PR for canada my status was single. But next month i am getting married. So is there any problem that i submit my passport and the COPR is issues as single and then try for adding dependent.or else what should i do? After getting COPR is it possible to add my husband.Please reply

Pinkzy_10

Mar 18, 2018
Friends,

I have received my COPR, and yet to finish my landing. In the mean time I got married and my marital status changed. Can I land by showing the current COPR (martial status 'SINGLE') and my marriage certificate at the airport? I am the only applicant for the PR.

I have already e-mailed CPP-O about the change in my status, and yet to receive a reply.

Please advise or share your thoughts as I am running out of time on my landing visa. I have only 2 months left on the landing visa. Thank you.

-Frontenacs
Hi frontenacs,

Did you land as single ? Was there issues at the POE? Please share your experience.

Thank you

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi frontenacs,

Did you land as single ? Was there issues at the POE? Please share your experience.

Thank you
OP obviously won't land as single. Otherwise they will never be able to sponsor their spouse. And there is a possibility of being charge of misrepresentation and their PR can be revoked. Always inform CIC about your changes in martial status.

Reactions: Pinkzy_10

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi frontenacs,

Thank you
It's not the POE where problems arise. It's when you try to sponsor your new spouse and get refused under R117(9)(d) and get accused of misrepresentation that it really starts to hurt. In other words, NEVER land as "single" if you are in fact married.

Reactions: Pinkzy_10

Pinkzy_10

Mar 18, 2018
Hi

I had mailed cic about the change in marital status along with the documents and they replied saying if futher documents are required they would request for it but I received the copr after that stating single itself. On landing I again mentioned about it to poe and they told me it’s not been updated on cic. Now they have asked me to come for further examination after 2 weeks.
Any idea what will happen on that day?

Pinkzy_10

Mar 18, 2018
My husband is not plannin to come to Canada anytime soon. So In my case it’s ok if I won’t be able to sponsor him. But I really don’t want to leave Canada now if they revoke my COPR. I am very much worried about this.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
My husband is not plannin to come to Canada anytime soon. So In my case it’s ok if I won’t be able to sponsor him. But I really don’t want to leave Canada now if they revoke my COPR. I am very much worried about this.
So you landed as single? If you have informed CBSA about your change of status, then they shouldn't have let you land and would have refused your entry. You should make sure you didn't land as single

Pinkzy_10

Mar 18, 2018
I informed at the POE that I m married N showed them the mails I sent cic about marital status change. They asked me to come back after 2 weeks and they took my COPR n passport. I don’t know what’s goin to happen.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I informed at the POE that I m married N showed them the mails I sent cic about marital status change. They asked me to come back after 2 weeks and they took my COPR n passport. I don’t know what’s goin to happen.
So, they did correctly refuse to land you? If so, you may be allowed to stay for a while as a visitor or they may ask you to return to your country of residence and sort out the mess there.

Pinkzy_10

Mar 18, 2018
So, they did correctly refuse to land you? If so, you may be allowed to stay for a while as a visitor or they may ask you to return to your country of residence and sort out the mess there.
So they must hav asked me to go back to Poe to send me back home