+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

steller

Mar 2, 2015
Can it be fixed by requesting an amendment to the record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence form and attaching the original COPR and marriage certificate? I did mention it to the Immigration officer, but there is no documented note on the copy of the CoPR indicating that i mentioned change in status. Also i had accidentally signed on the CoPR indicating no dependents. Sigh.....23 hour flight with jet lag and 12 hour stop over at the US...lead to an accidental case of misrepresentation. Is it true that they can revoke my PR and will ban me from sponsoring my wife again?
Prepare yourself for (1) You can never sponsor your wife as you did not declare her prior to landing. (2) Misrepresentation can lead to revocation of your status in Canada.. I do not think this is something that can be fixed; its a law. Secondly nobody is going to buy the story that it is an accidental case of misrepresentation. My advice for you is to seek an opinion from a lawyer before you present your case. Stay calm..

Last edited:

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
Thank you so much that was a great help so in my sponsorship approval letter i was only told about the schedule a so I was confused weather or not to wait for a schedule a request on my wife`s email or linked account thank yous o much for clearing my doubts. Will be waiting for the shedule A and PCC request. and will look out for the option to appear in MYCIC. if it does not appear I will upload via webform and also send the physical copy as soon as possible. But I still need to wait for the request on my wife`s email right ???

thank you for the help that was really helpful
Yes, wait for 5-7 business days to get the email in your wife's email and a request letter will be present in her CIC online a/c.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Hi all, sorry to post so much today, we have realized we are missing the birth certificate of my common-law partner from Argentina in our application. For those of you who have submitted this correctly: what exactly do they need? My partner has found what appears to be the original at his house. So, I am thinking: He should send the original to me here in Canada, I get this copied and notarized, and then also translated and have that certified.
Is this what you all did?
- AND in the case of the PCC, in Argentina you can only get this online and print it off (eg. no hard copy directly from the police). We have had this certified translated but obviously can't get the printed off certificate certified because that IS the original. Has anyone come across this issue? What did you do? Was it successful?
Thanks so much, this forum is a brain-saver.

Kuleng24

Star Member
May 12, 2017
She is from India. I was on a work permit and got my COPR on Nov 2016, so on my landing in Jan 2017 i became a PR. We got married in Jan 2017 when I went to India, prior to my landing. I was told that they left a note on May 25 investigating the evaluation of our sponsorship. I dont have my landing documents on me at the moment, to check if they did put a note their regarding my change in marital status. Will wait till i reach home after work today, to investigate if they did note any changes in my landing documents.
Okay, i get now. So you got married first before u completed your landing to become a PR. that's why your app is in question. Sorry, I didn't get it at first. We're not on the same situation. I do hope you can fix that issue soon. All the best!

mrpkiam

Mar 22, 2017
Prepare yourself for (1) You can never sponsor your wife as you did not declare her prior to landing. (2) Misrepresentation can lead to revocation of your status in Canada.. I do not think this is something that can be fixed; its a law. Secondly nobody is going to buy the story that it was an accidental case of misrepresentation. My advice for you is to seek an opinion from a lawyer before you present our case. Stay calm..
I agree with Steller, it could be abit of a hassle, i almost got into trouble forgetting to put any dollar value when coming back from india, they did not like it that i left the landing form thingy dollar value empty. Ya it is very unlikely to miss something like you got married when you landed, everything must be disclosed at time of landing for pr. Lawyer would probably be better option if it does not go smoothly the first round.

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, and I have a bunch of questions that have been covered before, but I'm still not understanding what exactly my next steps need to be. Please forgive me for not reading through 150 pages of comments!

I'm the PA, my husband is sponsoring me.

Application mailed: March 15th (not sure if I should move over to the March thread o_O)
Application delivered: April 4th (text message)
AOR1 email and request to link application to online account: April 27th
SA (email to sponsor): May 2nd
Request to submit Schedule A/PCC: May 4th
Linked to online account: May 5th

There are no options to upload anything in MyCIC, and there are no document requests.

Uploaded Schedule A via IRCC Webform: May 6th
Uploaded correctly signed Schedule A (via IRCC Webform): May 9th
Uploaded PCC via IRCC Webform: May 18th

There has been no further communication with either me or my husband since the AOR1/SA, and the online account has stayed blank, and the last message is "You have linked your application to an online account."

What do I do next? Do I sit tight and wait since it's barely been 10 business days since submitting PCC?

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, and I have a bunch of questions that have been covered before, but I'm still not understanding what exactly my next steps need to be. Please forgive me for not reading through 150 pages of comments!

I'm the PA, my husband is sponsoring me.

Application mailed: March 15th (not sure if I should move over to the March thread o_O)
Application delivered: April 4th (text message)
AOR1 email and request to link application to online account: April 27th
SA (email to sponsor): May 2nd
Request to submit Schedule A/PCC: May 4th
Linked to online account: May 5th

There are no options to upload anything in MyCIC, and there are no document requests.

Uploaded Schedule A via IRCC Webform: May 6th
Uploaded correctly signed Schedule A (via IRCC Webform): May 9th
Uploaded PCC via IRCC Webform: May 18th

There has been no further communication with either me or my husband since the AOR1/SA, and the online account has stayed blank, and the last message is "You have linked your application to an online account."

What do I do next? Do I sit tight and wait since it's barely been 10 business days since submitting PCC?
Since you received your AOR1 on April 24th I would contact CIC through the call centre to enquire about the correspondence email. Then I would send it to

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
Since you received your AOR1 on April 24th I would contact CIC through the call centre to enquire about the correspondence email. Then I would send it to

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6
Thanks! What kind of correspondence email - not the one asking for Schedule A/PCC, correct? I'm super reluctant to mail the PCC because what if it's a clusterfuck and it gets lost and I have to wait another 2 months for a new one...the deadline to submit is supposed to be June 5th.

Which one is the phone number for the call center? We're in the US. On this page it says "Canada only" - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

I also found this while lurking: "+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)"

Last edited:

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Thanks! What kind of correspondence email - not the one asking for Schedule A/PCC, correct? I'm super reluctant to mail the PCC because what if it's a clusterfuck and it gets lost and I have to wait another 2 months for a new one...the deadline to submit is supposed to be June 5th.

Which one is the phone number for the call center? On this page it says "Canada only" - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

I also found this while lurking: "+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)"
You're welcome. Yeah that same request email. Did you ever receive it, as there are a lot of us who never did? If you did then great. But either way, you could mail both documents. I mailed a scanned copy of the PCC (as if you had the option to upload a copy it would have been the scanned copy itself).

I thought you were within Canada, my bad. Yeah if that number worked for you then use it. It looks like you don't even need to call them though. You can just mail the documents to them.

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
You're welcome. Yeah that same request email. Did you ever receive it, as there are a lot of us who never did? If you did then great. But either way, you could mail both documents. I mailed a scanned copy of the PCC (as if you had the option to upload a copy it would have been the scanned copy itself).

I thought you were within Canada, my bad. Yeah if that number worked for you then use it. It looks like you don't even need to call them though. You can just mail the documents to them.
I think so! The email had an attachment saying "We need the following documents to continue with your application......."

Is the IRCC webform really really really backlogged? It's been....*counts*....18 business days since Schedule A upload without any acknowledgement. I'm also concerned that there's absolutely nothing in my online account - but I didn't link the app until after the docs were already requested via email, maybe that's why?

I'll try mailing the documents via snail mail and see what happens.

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
I think so! The email had an attachment saying "We need the following documents to continue with your application......."

Is the IRCC webform really really really backlogged? It's been....*counts*....18 business days since Schedule A upload without any acknowledgement. I'm also concerned that there's absolutely nothing in my online account - but I didn't link the app until after the docs were already requested via email, maybe that's why?

I'll try mailing the documents via snail mail and see what happens.
Yeah last agent I spoke with mentioned the Webform, CIC technical report and account are backlogged minimum 15 business days now. Yeah give that a try and hopefully they attach them to your application faster. Cause until they received the docs, they will not transfer your application to a VO, which adds delay to the application process. Why would we want that now? Good luck!

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
I sent my Schedule A and police certificate through a webform on May 1st, then mailed physical copies 2 weeks ago (although to the courier address with a signature requested). Still no response and it's "Application Received" on ECAS. Medicals were done and approved 3 weeks ago. This is very frustrating, we are all waiting for something that should be quick just because of technical difficulties.

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
I sent my Schedule A and police certificate through a webform on May 1st, then mailed physical copies 2 weeks ago (although to the courier address with a signature requested). Still no response and it's "Application Received" on ECAS. Medicals were done and approved 3 weeks ago. This is very frustrating, we are all waiting for something that should be quick just because of technical difficulties.
Did your mail get delivered as in did you get signature confirmation?

marrianne730

Sep 10, 2016
Cochrane,Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
04-21-2017
Doc's Request.
Supplementary Information, ScheduleA
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
03-08-2017
Med's Done....
19-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2017
LANDED..........
11-12-2017
Hi everyOne last night My ECAS changed to Decision made! But I havent receive any confirmation of approval yet... today my husband received medicql request on his mycic account.... im still worried what is the result of my sponsorship... hoping for the best....
My timeline are the following

App. File: April 3rd 2017
App. Received: April 5, 2017
AOR1: May 18, 2017
Additional document request: May 19, 2017 submitted thru mycic upload and ircc webform...going to send thru mail as well together with the PCC
Sponsorship Application: Decision Made! No approval yet! May 31, 2017
Medical request: June 1, 2017
Medical received: going for appointment tomorrow...

Thank you so much everyone for your endless support and advise.... Goodluck to all of us!!
Im happy for you Ness ! Good luck to all of us.

Reactions: ness12 and Oulrish

Phyline

Jun 1, 2017
Toronto
Did you get a request for medical? I would totally do it, but have no instructions, haha.