Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You should have Decision Made when you use ecas for the sponsor. Maybe email ended up in junk box ? I will attach sample of various emails etc. on the April outland sheet i use in my signature.
ECAS for sponsor? i checked ECAS with the sponsor's details and it shows the following:

Sponsorship Application Status: In Progress
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXX XXXX XXXX on April 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 17, 2017.
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received

1. We received XXX XXXX XXXX's application for permanent residence on April 19, 2017.

Last edited:

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Ladies and gents, after receiving email request for Schedule A, we linked our application and still unable to see any upload option. Called the agent and she mentioned to report technical issue and submit requested docs using webform. Submitted using webform on 25th may 2017 and physically signed and scanned copy via webform on May 26, 2017 (just in case). Status on ECAS still shown "Application received". How long should I wait before they change status to "in process" for the PA ?
We have been told that it takes 4-5 weeks for them to receive the submitted forms via IRCC Web Form. As soon as they receive and attach the files to the application and send it to a visa office, your eCAS status becomes "In Process".

meenadr87

Star Member
May 12, 2017
ECAS for sponsor? i checked ECAS with the sponsor's details and it shows the following:

Sponsorship Application Status: In Progress
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXX XXXX XXXX on April 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 18, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 17, 2017.
Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received

1. We received XXX XXXX XXXX's application for permanent residence on April 19, 2017.
Our timeline is quite similar. Still waiting for an email for Sponsor Approval.

My husbands ECA was last updated on the 18th of May saying they requested additional documents. We never received anything, called CIC yesterday and they advised me the request was for SA and PCC. The guy told me to send those documents via mail or upload them via webform. So I did both since everyone here has recommended doing both.

Does Schedule A need to be physically signed even though the form says I agree by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application?

natzau94

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
File Transfer...
25-07-2017
Does Schedule A need to be physically signed even though the form says I agree by typing my name, I am electronically signing my application?
No, it doesn't need your physical signature. Just the digital (typing your full name) one.

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

My husbands ECA was last updated on the 18th of May saying they requested additional documents. We never received anything, called CIC yesterday and they advised me the request was for SA and PCC. The guy told me to send those documents via mail or upload them via webform. So I did both since everyone here has recommended doing both.

If you are submitting it electronically then you just need to type your name. However, if you plan to mail in your PCC and Sched A then you need to physically sign the document before mailing it in. In my case, I was able to upload on the myCiC portal when I click on the application, there is an option to view submitted documents which gave me an option to upload my documents.

Let me know if this works. I am still anxiously waiting for Medicals and SA letter.

Reactions: JamaicanSnowflake

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
Hi -

Just got the medical request for my wife. We haven't received the SA or request for PCC and Sched A yet. Is it normal?

Thanks
Hi sg33 what is your timeline? Mine is sched A request but no medical or PCC request either...

ness12

Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 5, 2017
AOR Received.
Waiting
If you are submitting it electronically then you just need to type your name. However, if you plan to mail in your PCC and Sched A then you need to physically sign the document before mailing it in. In my case, I was able to upload on the myCiC portal when I click on the application, there is an option to view submitted documents which gave me an option to upload my documents.

Let me know if this works. I am still anxiously waiting for Medicals and SA letter.
Same here my husband got the opportunity to upload his Schedule A in Mycic account using his full name signature... but no PCC request.... and no medical request either... its just mention the additional document has been uploaded... and we submitted it too via IRCC webform...do you guys tgink its enough? Or we need it to submit via mail to cpc missasuga ontario? Im k8nda anxious because there is no correspondents saying application received or attached already

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada

Nope an agent told me wherever you see this statement on the forms ( I agree by typing my name ... ) that will be accepted asyour signiture.

Reactions: meenadr87

meenadr87

Star Member
May 12, 2017

Thank you

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Has anyone's ECA changed to "In process" this week?...I guess the majority of our files won't be transferred to their respectful Visa Offices until sometime in June.....

Oulrish

Apr 24, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
Applicant - 12-05-2017, Sponsor - 13-05-2017. AOR2 - 30-06-2017
File Transfer...
12-06-2017
Med's Request
30-08-2017
Med's Done....
04-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
LANDED..........
13-10-2017
Has anyone's ECA changed to "In process" this week?...I guess the majority of our files won't be transferred to their respectful Visa Offices until sometime in June.....
Still waiting, hopefully by next week.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi sg33 what is your timeline? Mine is sched A request but no medical or PCC request either...
Application Received : Apr 26th
AOR Sponsor : May 27th
AOR PA: May 29th
SA (Received it late in the night): 30th May
Medical Request: 30th May

Still waiting for Schedule A and PCC requests

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Give those a try.

1. Log in with GC Key account
2. Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name
3. City of Birth - enter 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Select PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Do not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)

OR...

1. Log in with GCKey account
3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email
4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth
6. Passport Info - Insert Passport number, issuance and expiration info
7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)
8. Click on the 'Search for my application' tab
9. Then on 'Link my application' tab

OR...

1. Log in with GCKey account
3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email
4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth (LEFT THIS BLANK)
6. Passport Info - Insert Passport number, issuance and expiration info
7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)
8. Click on the 'Search for my application' tab
9. Then on 'Link my application' tab

Even if those don't work out,, don't panic. The CIC website is going through a rough patch. Also, if you don't want the account to lock up on you for 24hrs, do not try more than 5 times per day.

thanks a lot man. it worked like magic!

M.steele

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
We got the Schedule A and PCC request on may 19 and uploaded them through the online account 2 days later. But we still haven't received the medical request yet. Should we call CIC and ask about this or just wait more?