+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2017***SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
There were a lot more people, but it looks like someone went through the table last night and cleared out a bunch of people who had still not received their AOR. You, me, and one other are the only people who didn't get deleted... lol. At least someone else thinks there is hope for us yet. ;)
If you look at that summary tab on the left hand side, it's super messed up, so I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt. I haven't bothered calling...
Hey Viva-c, I seem to remember you talking about something to do with having your application sent back because your PA and Sponsor have different addresses? Is this true? My partner lives in Argentina, and me in Canada (common-law though, as we lived together in Canada until September). I'm starting to wonder if this may have something to do with our long wait (or is it long haha. Maybe I am just being too impatient, but I mean come on! May applicants are getting AOR 1!)... If it wasn't you saying this then please disregard :)

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Hey Viva-c, I seem to remember you talking about something to do with having your application sent back because your PA and Sponsor have different addresses? Is this true? My partner lives in Argentina, and me in Canada (common-law though, as we lived together in Canada until September). I'm starting to wonder if this may have something to do with our long wait (or is it long haha. Maybe I am just being too impatient, but I mean come on! May applicants are getting AOR 1!)... If it wasn't you saying this then please disregard :)
Nah, many outland applicants will have a different address than their sponsor. That's not an issue. The problem I ran into was listing my address in the US as my residential address, but listing my husband's address in Canada as my mailing address (since I am staying here with him currently). The PA mailing address and residential address need to be the same (or at least, in the same country) otherwise they will assume the PA is not the one receiving mail at that address and thus require you to submit the Use of a Representative form.

Katengko

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
April 20 2017
Doc's Request.
June 8 2017
AOR Received.
May 15 2017
File Transfer...
August 3 2017
Med's Request
July 28 2017
Med's Done....
August 14 2017
Y
Hi! Same case. But can I send an inquiry regarding technical difficulty at IRCC webform without calling CIC?
yes you can

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Nah, many outland applicants will have a different address than their sponsor. That's not an issue. The problem I ran into was listing my address in the US as my residential address, but listing my husband's address in Canada as my mailing address (since I am staying here with him currently). The PA mailing address and residential address need to be the same (or at least, in the same country) otherwise they will assume the PA is not the one receiving mail at that address and thus require you to submit the Use of a Representative form.
Got it! Thanks.. Ok, back to worrying! haha

Katengko

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
April 20 2017
Doc's Request.
June 8 2017
AOR Received.
May 15 2017
File Transfer...
August 3 2017
Med's Request
July 28 2017
Med's Done....
August 14 2017
What was the time frame between the time they said they are working on your document and receiving SA?
I need my SA letter to then be able to applied for our provincial application.
Quebec is alittle different process
There is no specific time frame, but base on what cic agent told me 3-4 weeks or more specially now there's a ton of application

Reactions: natzau94

natzau94

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
File Transfer...
25-07-2017
8 days hmm after linking application ? Quebec region are you in ? it was almost instant for me, like a two or four.
No, Ontario. It varies. For some it's a couple of days, for some it's way longer.

natzau94

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
File Transfer...
25-07-2017
There is no specific time frame, but base on what cic agent told me 3-4 weeks or more specially now there's a ton of application
Case in point. Exactly what I just posted, didn't notice your reply. It varies for everyone

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Ladies and gents, after receiving email request for Schedule A, we linked our application and still unable to see any upload option. Called the agent and she mentioned to report technical issue and submit requested docs using webform. Submitted using webform on 25th may 2017 and physically signed and scanned copy via webform on May 26, 2017 (just in case). Status on ECAS still shown "Application received". How long should I wait before they change status to "in process" for the PA ?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Ladies and gents, after receiving email request for Schedule A, we linked our application and still unable to see any upload option. Called the agent and she mentioned to report technical issue and submit requested docs using webform. Submitted using webform on 25th may 2017 and physically signed and scanned copy via webform on May 26, 2017 (just in case). Status on ECAS still shown "Application received". How long should I wait before they change status to "in process" for the PA ?
It really, really depends. For us it was less than two weeks but they are having ALOT of technical issues and backlog so I would not be at all surprised if it's longer

xohaib.shah

Star Member
May 16, 2017
It really, really depends. For us it was less than two weeks but they are having ALOT of technical issues and backlog so I would not be at all surprised if it's longer
Thank you kcward7 . besides my PA has also sent the Schedule A through mail so we do not have to rely on web issues any more. They should recieve it early next week and should attach it to my file instantly I hope.

Reactions: kcward7

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Well thats what I thought . Lets see . Besides I haven't received any medical request yet. Any idea when should I expect ?
We got SA letter on Mar 28 with the whole you will get instructions within five days on how to submit schedule a...we never did and I ended up calling and mailing but besides the point...we got medical request and rcmp request and finger print request the next day, mar 29...what country are you applying from

Katengko

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
April 20 2017
Doc's Request.
June 8 2017
AOR Received.
May 15 2017
File Transfer...
August 3 2017
Med's Request
July 28 2017
Med's Done....
August 14 2017
Case in point. Exactly what I just posted, didn't notice your reply. It varies for everyone
Mine is already 2 weeks and days now after I received my aor1 and i call cic for a couple of time but no email still