06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
I have got refused.
My husband got notice of appeal.

Great....

Don't know why probably they didn't believe we want to live in Canada as they asked for extra evidence in September which we have given what we could. Great. So that's it for us. I have to wait for letter saying why exactly.
We are devastated as we were planning and now I am really upset

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Crayon7 said:
I have got refused.
My husband got notice of appeal.

Great....

Don't know why probably they didn't believe we want to live in Canada as they asked for extra evidence in September which we have given what we could. Great. So that's it for us. I have to wait for letter saying why exactly.
We are devastated as we were planning and now I am really upset
What did your notes say?

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Notes? I didn't have any just on my husband account says decision made and I got email that there is update on mycic and after logging in it was this refusal and notice of appeal letter

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Crayon7 said:
Notes? I didn't have any just on my husband account says decision made and I got email that there is update on mycic and after logging in it was this refusal and notice of appeal letter
Have you ever ordered notes? GCMS notes are notes regarding your case in which whoever who've touched your case will write their comments on your file. Say, I applied April and I've been ordering my notes every month since June so I know exactly the status of my case and if there's any red flags during the process.

I'm sure the appeal letter will explain to you the reason though.

Depending on the reason, it might not worth to appeal but to reapply when you have stronger evidence.

Keep your chin up, post it here so people can help you on your next move. Good luck!

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
No we didn't .
We didn't want to as it seemed like it's just better wait and see. It's not like we had anything else we could prove more as we sent it all with application anyway. Didn't expect refusal... but we reckon it's because they wanted more proof that my husband wants to move back, we have what we had but counts give much more than letter and few other things really. I don't know what they expect you can give as proof if you live abroad for long and with no relatives back huh.

We have 30 days to appeal but how do I know when I get letter by the time I get it might as well be after this I don't think we will appeal and also can't get back any fees back which sucks as seem like they did f even work on my PR application it's just sponsorship that is refused.

Why the hell they forwarded file to VO and said my husband is approved as sponsor if now they said it's refused. I don't get it.

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
How long do we have to wait to apply again?

I think we will apply next time inland but I am upset over amount of money we wasted now and it will take us longer to move. We will just have to I suppose pack and move and apply. Seems like it's the best way and refuse then huh

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Crayon7 said:
No we didn't .
We didn't want to as it seemed like it's just better wait and see. It's not like we had anything else we could prove more as we sent it all with application anyway. Didn't expect refusal... but we reckon it's because they wanted more proof that my husband wants to move back, we have what we had but counts give much more than letter and few other things really. I don't know what they expect you can give as proof if you live abroad for long and with no relatives back huh.

We have 30 days to appeal but how do I know when I get letter by the time I get it might as well be after this I don't think we will appeal and also can't get back any fees back which sucks as seem like they did f even work on my PR application it's just sponsorship that is refused.

Why the hell they forwarded file to VO and said my husband is approved as sponsor if now they said it's refused. I don't get it.
Maybe you can post your case on "spousal sponsorship" thread and see what other senior members can suggest.

nerak1980

Oct 27, 2016
Visa on Hand today!!! Praises Almighty GOD.
#april2016 applicant
#manila visa office

Here is my timeline:
April 11 - app received in Missisauga
May 16- SA approved
June 01 - AOR 2
Aug 16 -request addtl docs
Nov 25 - IP in background check (Mycic)
Dec 16 - Pre-arrival services email
Dec 20 -Decision made on ECAS
Dec 21 -PPR
Dec 28 -app closed/approved (mycic)
Jan 06 -VOH

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Crayon7 said:
I'm sorry to hear about this.

It's unfair to reject based on intent to return once the sponsor has been approved in my opinion, if thats what this is.

I suggest ordering notes and waiting for the appeal letter. Both will state what went wrong, but the notes will provide you with greater information if you intend to apply again.

If you decide to appeal, it will be based on the information you have already provided. apply again and you can give everything that you ened. Applying inland has its issues too. I'm not sure how a visa rejection will show up on your intention to go to canada on a tourist visa. sek senior help on this.

you're not alone in this matter. happened to a lot of people here. I know it is probably frustrating, infuriating, making you feel unstable and annoyed ... but now you have another stage in the visa process to get through. see it as a hurdle. try and overcome it. it takes time, which is annoying, but do as others have suggested. order your notes. read what the officer said. try to determine whether or not it is worth appealing. apply again.

Good luck Crayon.

Ruqayya1979

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Hi I'm just wondering how long it takes for the application to be processed after they send it to the visa office near country where you're residing. Mine was sent to Bucharest Romania.

Carla2016

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2016
Doc's Request.
Not needed at this time
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
Re medical request 14-nov-2016
Med's Done....
Up front November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- dec- 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2017
LANDED..........
April 7th 2017
Ruqayya1979 said:
Hi I'm just wondering how long it takes for the application to be processed after they send it to the visa office near country where you're residing. Mine was sent to Bucharest Romania.
Hi,

Follow this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Gary_87 said:
I'm sorry to hear about this.

It's unfair to reject based on intent to return once the sponsor has been approved in my opinion, if thats what this is.

I suggest ordering notes and waiting for the appeal letter. Both will state what went wrong, but the notes will provide you with greater information if you intend to apply again.

If you decide to appeal, it will be based on the information you have already provided. apply again and you can give everything that you ened. Applying inland has its issues too. I'm not sure how a visa rejection will show up on your intention to go to canada on a tourist visa. sek senior help on this.

you're not alone in this matter. happened to a lot of people here. I know it is probably frustrating, infuriating, making you feel unstable and annoyed ... but now you have another stage in the visa process to get through. see it as a hurdle. try and overcome it. it takes time, which is annoying, but do as others have suggested. order your notes. read what the officer said. try to determine whether or not it is worth appealing. apply again.

Good luck Crayon.
As a reason they said that they refuse sponsorship because my husband did not move to Canada when applied and up to now when decision was made ?! Makes no sense as in June cic Mississauga said he was accepted as sponsor! And we were applying Outland! I am really angry but as we do not have more proof that my husband want to move I think we won't appeal.
Decided to stay in UK for another at least few years, apply Outland or inland from Canada when we get there, not happy bunny but oh hey what can you do

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
They rejected because he didn't move back? But he lives with you. That's the point. My wife didnt move back after she was approved because we live together. So we move together. That's super poor form.

Can you contact your husbands MP?

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
That why I don't get it basically they seemed to look at application as if it is inland or something.

And they said in June he is approved as sponsor and now basically said he is not?

This is exactly what they said unless I understand it wrong or something

Subsection 130(1)(b) states that, subject to subsection (2) a sponsor for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of remember of family class must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident that resides in Canada.

From the evidence submitted I am satisfied that your sponsor does not reside in Canada and didn't not so on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision was made in respect to the application. Accordingly he does not meet requirements of subsection (1)(b) of the regulations. As a result you do not meet the requirements of section 120

I don't know what's MP we were filling application ourselves

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Crayon7 said:
That why I don't get it basically they seemed to look at application as if it is inland or something.

And they said in June he is approved as sponsor and now basically said he is not?

This is exactly what they said unless I understand it wrong or something

Subsection 130(1)(b) states that, subject to subsection (2) a sponsor for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of remember of family class must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident that resides in Canada.

From the evidence submitted I am satisfied that your sponsor does not reside in Canada and didn't not so on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision was made in respect to the application. Accordingly he does not meet requirements of subsection (1)(b) of the regulations. As a result you do not meet the requirements of section 120

I don't know what's MP we were filling application ourselves
Unless you and your husband really want to stay in the UK longer, I'd encourage you to appeal. Provide solid wrap up plan of your current setups in the UK and show the plan you have for the new life in Canada.

Your husband qualifying as a sponsor is one thing, for CIC to believe he would indeed resume residency and move back to Canada is another matter. Therefore, merely approving his sponsorship qualification is independent from further inquiring about his intention to move back.

Do you want to share what proofs you provide to convince the VO in September your husband will indeed move back to Canada? Job resignation plan, selling of property plan, shipping of personal effects quote, air ticket receipt, etc?

When you filed your application, what date did your husband put as "When you do plan to return to Canada to resume your residency?" on Form 5540? If that date has already past and your husband is still in the UK, that's a big turn off.

Just to share with you my case, I'm citizen living abroad sponsoring my wife, I've put April 1, 2017 as intended date of resuming residency. I've been checking my notes every month, all criminality, eligibility, medical PASSED way back in November but the file is simply sitting there without making any progress. My new notes will come next week, I'd not be surprised if VO will be curious to know what's my plan of resuming residency.