Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
WELCOME TO APRIL 2016 SPOUSAL APPLICANTS FORUM: :D :D :D

All the applicants and sponsors can start this forum with understanding of outland spousal process;

1. SPONSOR expectation during the first step: ;D ;D ;D

a. AOR1 or Application package will be sent back for lack of important document
b. request for missing document or updated document - based on your spousal application
c. Medical, CIC payment, required application forms and Police report check
d. SA = Sponsor Approval email or letter

2. SPONSORED APPLICANT expectation during the second step: :eek: :eek:

e. AOR2 - from Visa Office
f. missing or updated document request - based on case to case
g. eligibility and criminality check
h. Interview - based on case to case
i. passport request for visa

Reactions: Maryam.issam

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Hoping to be part of this group!

Expecting date to mail application: between 20th and 30th April! Sooner if possible!

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Gary_87 said:
Hoping to be part of this group!

Expecting date to mail application: between 20th and 30th April! Sooner if possible!
Welcome to April 2016 Group... I hope you guys will be lucky, so the new immigration law implement and get lower processing time...

Good Luck

Officer

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Officer said:
Welcome to April 2016 Group... I hope you guys will be lucky, so the new immigration law implement and get lower processing time...

Good Luck

Officer
That would be great cos we are moving to Canada next March haha!

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
OK great. I just saw this now. I'm in this group. Phew. I hope to move by next march too. Even sooner maybe... at least before Aug. 2017 We shall see. Let's be friends! I'm applying outland from Italy. I'm Canadian, my husband is Italian and we've been married for 7 years and living in Italy.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
neetwo80 said:
OK great. I just saw this now. I'm in this group. Phew. I hope to move by next march too. Even sooner maybe... at least before Aug. 2017 We shall see. Let's be friends! I'm applying outland from Italy. I'm Canadian, my husband is Italian and we've been married for 7 years and living in Italy.
Have you applied yet?

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Haven't applied just yet. Still need to get the medical check and letters from employer and just a couple of things and then we're ready to fill out the application. I included about 40 photos and a couple of emails and cards as additional proof. A utility bill too but only my husband pays the bills and his name is on them so I hope that's ok. It does show proof that we live together because the bill as well as some other documents have our address on them. Most of the pics after marriage of the two of us together are when we're on vacation. I hope it's all ok. I might print more pictures to make sure. We also have to get our documents translated. That might take time, not sure.

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hello

A few questions please... :)

I am too sponsoring my wife.

Do we need a job before sponsoring?
Are all the documents sent together?... because in that case i will have to ask my wife to send over the documents to me in canada first and then i need to send them to cic.

How many photos shall i print for marriage? can we give a CD or not?

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
mohan99 said:
Hello

Are all the documents sent together?... because in that case i will have to ask my wife to send over the documents to me in canada first and then i need to send them to cic.

I read that you can't give a CD or any electronic thing. I printed all the photos. I think that you don't really need a job but I'm sure it helps if you have one. I think you have to prove or explain how you guys plan to live though.

Question: My husband actually does have a job that would help us in Canada though. I'm sponsoring him but he's a composer and does make some money internationally as well. I wonder if I should include some proof of that in the application. It's not a normal job that pays hourly and he doesn't have an employer, he does that for himself. There are documents and things that were not asked for, like this and the application says not to include documents that aren't asked for... what if I do include them though?

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
mohan99 said:
Hello

For the job it is not necessary, i am a student and my husband is a student and thanksgod we got our SA in 1 weeek so dont worry about the job

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mohan99 said:
Hello

1. no, a job is not necessary, you will just need to be able to prove you and your spouse will not go on welfare when approved. many sponsors and applicants do not have jobs and are successfully approved.

2. yes, both the sponsor app and the applicant's app go in the same package and mailed together. if you don't do this, the application will be returned as incomplete. once the sponsor's app is processed, CIC will internally transfer it to the appropriate visa office
3. think quality over quanity. enough to prove the relationship is genuine and other people know about it. it says right on the application CDs and photo albums are not accepted. you can either print them out individually or print a number of them together on regular printer paper. as long as they are clear and represent a legit relationships, it doesn't matter.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Fawzietrim said:
For the job it is not necessary, i am a student and my husband is a student and thanksgod we got our SA in 1 weeek so dont worry about the job
really? 1 week from when you submitted your application or 1 week after you received AOR? if it's one week after submitting you app, you must have some super luck or CIC must have been on fire when you went throu, because that is unheard of considering the average is just under 60 days. Even when I went through in 2014, the best time was 30ish days for SA. If it was 1 week between AOR and SA, that makes more sense. When did you go through?

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Does anyone know if there will be an April 2016 spreadsheet? Be good to see where everyone is from and how everyones application is progressing. I know there's a 2016 one but it might get a little crowded.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Actually, I've managed to find a good spreadsheet from the February 2016 group. I don't know who made it, but they've put a lot of good work into excel formulas etc and if they're happy for me to change the details so its for April, I'd be happy to put one here for us potential April folks.

Would everyone be into that?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Well, finding time to complete the application took longer than expected. I will be mailing out my application tomorrow with a 2-Day service via Canada Post. Looks like I'll be an early April applicant ;D.