+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
Sous02 said:
You need to either be married or have lived continuously in a common law relationship for one year to apply for Family sponsorship.
But we dont need to live together, I mean, We dont need to live in the same house because in many cases it is impossible.
In my case for example it is not because I dont want to quite my job or He doesnt want to quite His job and live in Brazil the reason is I have a kid that lives with me in Brazil and we cant go to Canada, He has to study and we cant pay CAD 10 k year for his studies plus ask for a study visa doesnt make sense and the same for my partner He has 2 kids for the privious relationalship, He cant abandon His childreen.

We are together for more than 1 year and trying to apply for the sponsorship outside once we cant be together , in fact we really try because it already cost in one year and half 5 tickets to Brazil and me 1 ticket to Canada.

Quote:
conjugal partner :

you have had a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for at least one year and you could not live together or marry because of :

you can prove there was a reason you could not live together .

Unquote.

My prove is my son , He is studyng ( He is a minor and He is intending to immigrate with me), and I have His custody so I cannot leave my son and decide to move to Canada.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
andreaquebec said:
But we dont need to live together, I mean, We dont need to live in the same house because in many cases it is impossible.
In my case for example it is not because I dont want to quite my job or He doesnt want to quite His job and live in Brazil the reason is I have a kid that lives with me in Brazil and we cant go to Canada, He has to study and we cant pay CAD 10 k year for his studies plus ask for a study visa doesnt make sense and the same for my partner He has 2 kids for the privious relationalship, He cant abandon His childreen.

We are together for more than 1 year and trying to apply for the sponsorship outside once we cant be together , in fact we really try because it already cost in one year and half 5 tickets to Brazil and me 1 ticket to Canada.

Quote:
conjugal partner :

you have had a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for at least one year and you could not live together or marry because of :

Unquote.

My prove is my son , He is studyng ( He is a minor and He is intending to immigrate with me), and I have His custody so I cannot leave my son and decide to move to Canada.
You cannot apply as conjugal because there are no hard legal barriers to you either getting married or establishing common-law. The only way you can apply for PR is if you are either married or common-law.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
andreaquebec said:

Quote:
conjugal partner :

Unquote.

I agree with Decoy. A conjugal app is doomed for refusal.

While your situation is difficult and understandable why you aren't living together there is no legal barrier such as an immigration barrier or barrier preventing a marriage, and thus, you don't qualify as conjugal partners as CIC defines it.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
andreaquebec said:

Quote:
conjugal partner :

Unquote.

i am not a CiC official, but if you apply conjugal and your reason for not living together is that you both don't want to quit your jobs, then the relationship doesn't hold enough ground to make you both sacrifice your jobs.

My advice: if your are still very interested in the relationship, something is got to give. Either he moves over, u get married and then u apply. That way , you both know that you just have to wait until the PR is approved and then u can move to canada.

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Updated the dates in the spreadsheet. Although not entirely sure I've done it correct... Which stage am I at now?

Ecas says:

1)We received application for permanent residence on April 6, 2016.
2)We started processing James Iain Box's application on June 20, 2016.
3)Medical results have been received.

No AOR2 received yet. Is this the In Process or Third line part?

freeze

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
11-04-2016 upfront
JamesBox said:
Updated the dates in the spreadsheet. Although not entirely sure I've done it correct... Which stage am I at now?

Ecas says:

This means: stage 2 AOR or 3rd line...
a lot of people don't even get an AOR 2 letter. I didn't either... and I'm DM already

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
Still no update on ecas and almost 3 weeks since SA

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
JamesBox said:

Ecas says:

Congrats for a 3rd line ...it is an unofficial aor 2

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Crayon7 said:
Still no update on ecas and almost 3 weeks since SA
Did u get the sa letter or email?

ski

Nov 20, 2013
My wife's application changed to "In Process" today but on clicking this there are only two lines - application received on xxx and medical results have been received. VO is Warsaw.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
ski said:
My wife's application changed to "In Process" today but on clicking this there are only two lines - application received on xxx and medical results have been received. VO is Warsaw.
Congrats a third line saying when they started processing will appear soon

Crayon7

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
London
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
Med's Done....
19-02-2016
johnybegood said:
Did u get the sa letter or email?
E-mail. In which said if I got email then won't get letter

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
ImABule said:
I agree with Decoy. A conjugal app is doomed for refusal.

While your situation is difficult and understandable why you aren't living together there is no legal barrier such as an immigration barrier or barrier preventing a marriage, and thus, you don't qualify as conjugal partners as CIC defines it.
I understand that the barrier is my son. He has to study Here in Brazil, He has to finish the school( it is mandatory here in Brazil) and if we ( my son and I ) move to Canada , my son can not study , He has to wait around 17 months to receive a permission for study. When we apply sponsorship inside He can't allowed to study ! This is the point....of course if He could study I would go tomorrow.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
andreaquebec said:
I understand that the barrier is my son. He has to study Here in Brazil, He has to finish the school( it is mandatory here in Brazil) and if we ( my son and I ) move to Canada , my son can not study , He has to wait around 17 months to receive a permission for study. When we apply sponsorship inside He can't allowed to study ! This is the point....of course if He could study I would go tomorrow.
Once you are a PR of Canada, your son could attend school here immediately. Canada will not prevent you from registering your child in school.

Either way, you will have to live with your boyfriend for a year to qualify as common law or get married to be sponsored to Canada.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
andreaquebec said:
Am sorry...am not judgemental but so honest....your intentions seem to come to canada but dont want to be with your bf nor getting married to him....but you can always give a try applying congugal on the basis of what you think is best for you