+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

hon727

May 17, 2016
amans2515 said:
CIC received my app on April 20, 2016 and I got SA on June 13. Did you call them?

Hi Aman, I haven`t called them yet. I am hoping to get it soon, is SA by email or mail? Any idea how long it will be as online it says 19 months for India but I heard from few friends that it's taking 3-4 months for spouse visa.
Thank You

snowl26

Feb 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Passport Req..
30-06-3016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Mrs.AB said:
Call them in the morning tomorrow... nd keep checking ur emails or mail box
Thanks for your reply Mrs. AB! We were going to call them tomorrow morning as you said, but my husband just received a SA email from CPC-M.
SA is dated today (June 23) and says our file has been transferred to Ottawa. We still cannot access to sponsor's ecas but at least we know things are moving =)

yangzhi861

Apr 5, 2016
Thanks Gary, all my concern is that we submitted all documents requested when original application, but they are asking more new updates that I didn't catch, and I don't know what is that..

Also, do you know if the medical exam should be re done because the old one was done at end of January?

Thanks a lot!

Gary_87 said:
I believe HKVO sends out generic emails for doc requests. if you have already sent all the docs they request yu're fine. this is more of a reminder.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yangzhi861 said:
Also, do you know if the medical exam should be re done because the old one was done at end of January?

Thanks a lot!
do NOT do a remedical unless it is specificall requested by CIC. They are valid for 12 months, and CIC has the ability to extend them to help the person land. Doing a 2nd exam without it being requested will cause confusion, complicate the file, and the added cost may not even be necessary.

Mrs.AB

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th april'16
Doc's Request.
28 oct 2016
AOR Received.
13th may '16
File Transfer...
13th june '16
Med's Done....
Upfront april '16
Passport Req..
21st nov 2016
snowl26 said:
Thanks for your reply Mrs. AB! We were going to call them tomorrow morning as you said, but my husband just received a SA email from CPC-M.
SA is dated today (June 23) and says our file has been transferred to Ottawa. We still cannot access to sponsor's ecas but at least we know things are moving =)
This is awsme
No need to call now
Nd ottawa is one fine visa office
Congrats!!

yangzhi861

Apr 5, 2016
Sounds good, then I don't think we have anything needed to update, so basically we will do nothing, right? Will HKVO wait for 30 days and then start processing the file? If so, there will be a 30 days delay, is that correct?

Thanks a lot CDNPR2014.

CDNPR2014 said:
do NOT do a remedical unless it is specificall requested by CIC. They are valid for 12 months, and CIC has the ability to extend them to help the person land. Doing a 2nd exam without it being requested will cause confusion, complicate the file, and the added cost may not even be necessary.

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
FYI. I ordered notes on 6/6 and received it in email today (6/24). Pretty fast!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
wyho007 said:
FYI. I ordered notes on 6/6 and received it in email today (6/24). Pretty fast!
Your first notes?

PaulaG

Dec 26, 2015
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
w/ app
A couple of days ago, we received a response to our additional document submission. We submitted a dr's letter advising them of sponsor's pregnancy and we received instructions on how to add the baby to the application once born. No changes were made to eCAS to reflect this.

Don't expect it to be much of an issue as our baby would be Canadian by birth, but also hoping it would all be done with by the time our baby is born. What do you think the chances are of that happening?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
PaulaG said:
No changes were made to eCAS to reflect this.
ecas does not change to reflect receipt of requested documents, so there shouldn't be any expectation it would.

PaulaG said:
Don't expect it to be much of an issue as our baby would be Canadian by birth, but also hoping it would all be done with by the time our baby is born. What do you think the chances are of that happening?
it depends on when the baby is due and what visa office the application is at.

Jan 15, 2016
Just wondering does anyone has idea how long it will take from here:

My online ecas account has two lines as following:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 22, 2016.
We started processing your application on June 21, 2016. :'( :'( :'(

I have already paid the fee and done the medical. Should I be expecting DM anytime soon.

My VO is New Delhi.

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
singhsmriti524 said:

I have already paid the fee and done the medical. Should I be expecting DM anytime soon.

My VO is New Delhi.

Thanks
Check in the New Delhi thread. they will have more information about trends for that office...

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
singhsmriti524 said:

My VO is New Delhi.

Thanks
Although ndvo is working on 2015 application. .there is a possibility that they would start working on 2016 application pretty soon..so anywhere from 3 to 8 months

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
Hi ,

I have a doubt. I met my boyfriend on Dec 26th, 2014 in Canada. We are together since this date( as boyfriend and girlfriend)
We spent the New Year together, He met my sister that lives in Canada, my brother in law and many friends and I met His family and freinds.
Was everything fast...In Feb 04th 2015 I came back to Brazil but before that He bought I ticket to see my in Brazil and He came end of Feb to visit me and He stayed in my home, He stayed 3 weeks and He came back to Canada and He came back to Brazil in April and spent more to weeks just to see my in my birthday, He came back and returned to Brazil once again in June ( 3 times in one year) and I went to Canada to stay at His house from Sep 2015 to Feb 2016. He came to Brazil to visit me in April( again for my Bday) and now He is intending to sponsor me - outside Canada( He will be in Canada and I will be in Brazil).
We are not intending to get marriage( for personal reasons we dont belive that) and I cant live with him in Canada because I have a son( from my previous relationship)and He has to study( If I go to Canada He cant study).

We can prove that we are not living together because I dont have visa, my son lives with me. He has to study and I have to take care of Him.
The family of my boyfriend told if it is necessary they can be out witness, that it is a true relationship. I have many photos, Facebook to prove, letters...The dout is, Does He can sponsor me once we dont live together ? We have a solid relationalship and we can prove for more than one year.

Thanks

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
andreaquebec said:
Hi ,

I have a doubt. I met my boyfriend on Dec 26th, 2014 in Canada. We are together since this date( as boyfriend and girlfriend)
We spent the New Year together, He met my sister that lives in Canada, my brother in law and many friends and I met His family and freinds.
Was everything fast...In Feb 04th 2015 I came back to Brazil but before that He bought I ticket to see my in Brazil and He came end of Feb to visit me and He stayed in my home, He stayed 3 weeks and He came back to Canada and He came back to Brazil in April and spent more to weeks just to see my in my birthday, He came back and returned to Brazil once again in June ( 3 times in one year) and I went to Canada to stay at His house from Sep 2015 to Feb 2016. He came to Brazil to visit me in April( again for my Bday) and now He is intending to sponsor me - outside Canada( He will be in Canada and I will be in Brazil).
We are not intending to get marriage( for personal reasons we dont belive that) and I cant live with him in Canada because I have a son( from my previous relationship)and He has to study( If I go to Canada He cant study).

We can prove that we are not living together because I dont have visa, my son lives with me. He has to study and I have to take care of Him.
The family of my boyfriend told if it is necessary they can be out witness, that it is a true relationship. I have many photos, Facebook to prove, letters...The dout is, Does He can sponsor me once we dont live together ? We have a solid relationalship and we can prove for more than one year.

Thanks
You need to either be married or have lived continuously in a common law relationship for one year to apply for Family sponsorship.