App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
Nomination.....
13-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
lol ottawa office is on steroids! i hope ndvo learns something from them.

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
johnybegood said:
She is from states if i remember right!
But for States the timeline website informs 15 months.

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

United States of America --- 15 months.

Do you think that sometimes the timeline indicated in the website can be faster ?
like it shows 8 months for a country but if alll the papers are ok it goes faster ?
I hope because is crazy this waiting, nothing against others type of visa like refugies but be far from someone and talk by Skype, emails it very sad: (

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
andreaquebec said:
But for States the timeline website informs 15 months.

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

United States of America --- 15 months.

Do you think that sometimes the timeline indicated in the website can be faster ?
like it shows 8 months for a country but if alll the papers are ok it goes faster ?
I hope because is crazy this waiting, nothing against others type of visa like refugies but be far from someone and talk by Skype, emails it very sad: (
The times posted for outland on the website are NOT averages and do not represent what current applicants face. The times posted suggest 80% of applications were processed WITHIN that time, so essentially a majority of the applications are processed way faster than the time posted. this is why decisions of inland vs. outland should never be made because of the times posted on the website.

Most of the times posted online are way longer than what it actually takes. us and other applicants are seeing expedited processing right now - 2-3 months time. before that, the "average" was 5-6 months. The longest time is usually 8-12 months. while there are some visa offices around the world that take longer, not many people around the world wait longer than that. it is hard to say if this is the standard "seasonality" of CIC processing or if it suggests spousal sponsorship processing has become a priority for CIC.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
The times posted for outland on the website are NOT averages and do not represent what current applicants face. The times posted suggest 80% of applications were processed WITHIN that time, so essentially a majority of the applications are processed way faster than the time posted. this is why decisions of inland vs. outland should never be made because of the times posted on the website.

Most of the times posted online are way longer than what it actually takes. us and other applicants are seeing expedited processing right now - 2-3 months time. before that, the "average" was 5-6 months. The longest time is usually 8-12 months. while there are some visa offices around the world that take longer, not many people around the world wait longer than that. it is hard to say if this is the standard "seasonality" of CIC processing or if it suggests spousal sponsorship processing has become a priority for CIC.
Correct!

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
bishankhn said:
lol ottawa office is on steroids! i hope ndvo learns something from them.
Ndvo is not too bad they will do better with 2016 application

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
just for your information for those that are checking ecas. I am the designated representative and sponsor for our application. If I log in with my uci on the applicant side I see three lines. If I log in with the PA's uci I see four lines. If any of you that are looking for missing lines have not tried that give it a go.

Road2Canada

Jun 7, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I am a April applicant. My spouse received a email from Delhi visa office requesting for RPRF fee. The email has the info that the Proof of payment of RPRF fee is to be sent to Mississauga. But it does not mention the address. Please could anyone guide me here. Thanks

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
andreaquebec said:
Hello,

I noticed that ypur process just took 3 months ?? where are you from ? this is very good !!

: )
It took a little bit under three months for me (70 days). I'm from the U.S., so my application was forwarded to Ottawa, which is currently the fastest visa office even for non-Americans sent there. Up until around December, applications were taking anywhere from 6-10 months with 4 being very rare. Around January we started seeing more people getting 4 months, then February hit and we were seeing 3 months... by the time March ended people have been processed within two months at the fastest. A few offices have shown signs that they are capable of being this fast and many others have started speeding up drastically, even though they're not as fast as Ottawa yet.

And there was a time when the processing times were visa office specific that the website showed around 25 months for Americans though Los Angeles and New York, then I joined this forum and found out that New York no longer processes applications and almost all applications go to Ottawa (if not all of them). The processing times never have and never will be very accurate for people who don't end up with serious issues with their application.

As a general update, I decided I will be landing during the week after Canada Day. I thought landing on Canada Day would be amusing, but I do not want to try crossing the border at the Peach Arch during that time. It would be busy and the officers would probably be more likely to be in a foul mood.

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
johnybegood said:

Many thanks for the perfect expanation!!

I am very happy because Brazil shows 8 months and I was so sad thinking " 8 months...8 months....but in the end it will be around 12 months".
But you are motivating me guys because I see that many ppl receive the visa less than the date indicated in the website!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Thanks again and have a nice weekend !!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
andreaquebec said:
Many thanks for the perfect expanation!!

I am very happy because Brazil shows 8 months and I was so sad thinking " 8 months...8 months....but in the end it will be around 12 months".
But you are motivating me guys because I see that many ppl receive the visa less than the date indicated in the website!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Thanks again and have a nice weekend !!
The visa office in Brazil used to be the fastest I think and it's still very fast. One applicant who was supposed to have their application sent there was forwarded to Ottawa instead though, but that's good.

Russmae

May 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Decoy24601 said:
It took a little bit under three months for me (70 days). I'm from the U.S., so my application was forwarded to Ottawa, which is currently the fastest visa office even for non-Americans sent there. Up until around December, applications were taking anywhere from 6-10 months with 4 being very rare. Around January we started seeing more people getting 4 months, then February hit and we were seeing 3 months... by the time March ended people have been processed within two months at the fastest. A few offices have shown signs that they are capable of being this fast and many others have started speeding up drastically, even though they're not as fast as Ottawa yet.

And there was a time when the processing times were visa office specific that the website showed around 25 months for Americans though Los Angeles and New York, then I joined this forum and found out that New York no longer processes applications and almost all applications go to Ottawa (if not all of them). The processing times never have and never will be very accurate for people who don't end up with serious issues with their application.

As a general update, I decided I will be landing during the week after Canada Day. I thought landing on Canada Day would be amusing, but I do not want to try crossing the border at the Peach Arch during that time. It would be busy and the officers would probably be more likely to be in a foul mood.
hope our VO here work that fast.. :D

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Decoy24601 said:
over the couple of years i've been following this stuff, i've noticed september-december applicants tend to get screwed in processing times compared to applicants from other months. i'm not sure if it's real or imagined. all i know is this happened when i went through too (times went from 8-12 months to 4-5), so it will be interesting to see if this is a "trend" or if CIC is finally getting their act together...

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
over the couple of years i've been following this stuff, i've noticed september-december applicants tend to get screwed in processing times compared to applicants from other months. i'm not sure if it's real or imagined. all i know is this happened when i went through too (times went from 8-12 months to 4-5), so it will be interesting to see if this is a "trend" or if CIC is finally getting their act together...
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Processing times tend to be the fastest in the summer. However, many offices have never ever been as fast as they are now (at least not recently). The CIC has also implemented changes, hired new case processors, etc. If we had heard nothing about the CIC changing anything, then I would say this is a fluke and it's just a seasonal thing. It's true, the processing times may slow down a bit or stay the same towards the end of this year because of seasonal trends, but I think it's unlikely that they won't continue to improve over the next few years.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Decoy24601 said:
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Processing times tend to be the fastest in the summer. However, many offices have never ever been as fast as they are now (at least not recently). The CIC has also implemented changes, hired new case processors, etc. If we had heard nothing about the CIC changing anything, then I would say this is a fluke and it's just a seasonal thing. It's true, the processing times may slow down a bit or stay the same towards the end of this year because of seasonal trends, but I think it's unlikely that they won't continue to improve over the next few years.
yeah, right now is definitely the quickest i've seen. let's hope it's a sign of good things to come for all applicants!

Mrs.AB

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th april'16
Doc's Request.
28 oct 2016