Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
neetwo80 said:
I don't understand how they can say that that visas take 1 year to process but writing the date of intention to move as one year in the future is too late. That date was based on what I saw from them. How can they reject us based on that?
because the idea of the application is to land immediately upon approval. plus the posted processing times are not averages, and many applications are processed much quicker than what is posted. Techincally 80% of applications are processed WITHIN The time posted, which means a large majority are processed quicker than what is posted. that's why it's best not to use dates or anything that suggest long term plans. it should be written as "immediately upon approval we plan to...". IT is also common to show research of areas you plan to settle in, industries to work in, showing communication with realtors or landlords. they understand you can't have things set in stone, they just want to see oyu have a solid plan to move ASAP upon approval.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
neetwo80 said:
If they don't email me back in a couple of days then I will do just that. Thanks.
i doubt they will email back. they very rarely respond to emails.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
neetwo80 said:
I don't understand how they can say that that visas take 1 year to process but writing the date of intention to move as one year in the future is too late. That date was based on what I saw from them. How can they reject us based on that?
what proof did you include in your application of intention to return?

for example, my wife and I submitted email exchanges with real estate in canada, email exchanges from me and potential future employers, letters from friends and family, proof of money in canada and also my wifes online canada uni program (we know its online but said its to improve her job prospects when she gets home).

We put our date as 15th march next year so around the same time as yours. thats when our current visa ends.

I would not just send a letter but think of what else you can send proving your intention to return. Email jobs, places to stay, screen shot conversations, show evidence of you and your husband starting to move things (receipt of courier for personal belongings, proof of going away events etc etc).

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
neetwo80 said:
That's why I am wondering if it is more than the dates you picked. Check that the other proof you sent indicates a strong likelihood of return.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
I agree and yet they will reject your application if you do not respond to their emails. Its like this process is designed to drive you crazy.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
We included all those things except I'm not a student, already graduated, I already have a job and included the letter of employment. The problem is that I work in Social media and can work from anywhere. I included many emails and screenshots. Mailed a box of our things, included a pic of it and the receipt. All the letters in the application were written keeping in mind that we intended to move in April. But that was because that's how long we thought it would take to get the visa. I really don't get them.

So now I explained this to them and wrote another letter and sent more screen capts. I think the only other thing I can send them is proof that I bought airline tickets for us. I just don't know when to buy the tickets for yet. December? Is this still too late... Is it too soon?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
neetwo80 said:
We included all those things except I'm not a student, already graduated, I already have a job and included the letter of employment. The problem is that I work in Social media and can work from anywhere. I included many emails and screenshots. Mailed a box of our things, included a pic of it and the receipt. All the letters in the application were written keeping in mind that we intended to move in April. But that was because that's how long we thought it would take to get the visa. I really don't get them.

So now I explained this to them and wrote another letter and sent more screen capts. I think the only other thing I can send them is proof that I bought airline tickets for us. I just don't know when to buy the tickets for yet. December? Is this still too late... Is it too soon?
Get a refundable ticket. That way you can choose a date that you think will be a safe one (when you think the application will be done by) and you can refund it and pick another date later if you need to. I'm sorry you're having issues with the intent to return proof. I've seen that cause issues for a lot of people.

Thank you guys for all the congratulations and help along the way. The PR process may have been shorter in my situation, but it's the end of a long journey. I wish all of you very speedy processing times and understanding case processors. I'll still be on here after I land to comment and help.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
because the idea of the application is to land immediately upon approval. plus the posted processing times are not averages, and many applications are processed much quicker than what is posted. Techincally 80% of applications are processed WITHIN The time posted, which means a large majority are processed quicker than what is posted. that's why it's best not to use dates or anything that suggest long term plans. it should be written as "immediately upon approval we plan to...". IT is also common to show research of areas you plan to settle in, industries to work in, showing communication with realtors or landlords. they understand you can't have things set in stone, they just want to see oyu have a solid plan to move ASAP upon approval.
The funny thing is that they seem to believe that my husband will move. It's me, the Canadian they are questioning. We inclied the things you said. The landlord is Itailian and emails are in Italian so we didn't include that. Wonder if we should and translate it. HOw do they know that that is the landlady though? She's just an old lady who owns this apartment. Actually, she wants 6 months notice too or there is a huge fee. That is typical of Italy.

mannnish199

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016
File Transfer...
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront on 26-02-2016
Hello Everyone.

My application for spousal sponsorship for was received at CPC-M on April 26 2016. I still have not heard anything back from CIC.

Has anyone in this forum applied around the same time and have received sponsor approval.

Please advise.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Decoy24601 said:
Get a refundable ticket. That way you can choose a date that you think will be a safe one (when you think the application will be done by) and you can refund it and pick another date later if you need to. I'm sorry you're having issues with the intent to return proof. I've seen that cause issues for a lot of people.

Thank you guys for all the congratulations and help along the way. The PR process may have been shorter in my situation, but it's the end of a long journey. I wish all of you very speedy processing times and understanding case processors. I'll still be on here after I land to comment and help.
Congrats to you and thank you for your help.
What did they mean by the visa expiring? We did the med exam April 12. I thought April 4 would be fine as the expiry date would be April 12. I'm so confused by the expiry date of the visa. When do the visa's expire. 4 months after being issued?

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
neetwo80 said:
The funny thing is that they seem to believe that my husband will move. It's me, the Canadian they are questioning. We inclied the things you said. The landlord is Itailian and emails are in Italian so we didn't include that. Wonder if we should and translate it. HOw do they know that that is the landlady though? She's just an old lady who owns this apartment. Actually, she wants 6 months notice too or there is a huge fee. That is typical of Italy.
With the landlords messages you can just do a google translation.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
neetwo80 said:
Congrats to you and thank you for your help.
What did they mean by the visa expiring? We did the med exam April 12. I thought April 4 would be fine as the expiry date would be April 12. I'm so confused by the expiry date of the visa. When do the visa's expire. 4 months after being issued?
The COPR will expire on the date of the medical usually, so you would have April 12th, 2017 to land as a PR. They're saying once the COPR is issued you have within that timeframe to move.

mannnish199 said:
Hello Everyone.

My application for spousal sponsorship for was received at CPC-M on April 26 2016. I still have not heard anything back from CIC.

Has anyone in this forum applied around the same time and have received sponsor approval.

Please advise.
I wouldn't worry just yet. 43 days has proven to be fairly inaccurate for a lot of people. It took my SA 51 days and I didn't receive an email until a week later. If it's been over 43 days, I would call to check the status of your application.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Decoy24601 said:
The COPR will expire on the date of the medical usually, so you would have April 12th, 2017 to land as a PR. They're saying once the COPR is issued you have within that timeframe to move.
I wouldn't worry just yet. 43 days has proven to be fairly inaccurate for a lot of people. It took my SA 51 days and I didn't receive an email until a week later. If it's been over 43 days, I would call to check the status of your application.
I thought April 4 was a safe date as it's before the med exam expires and it's almost a year so we would get the visa by then. I was actually worried about not getting the visa by then. Now it turns out they think that date is too late. I will call them tomorrow and inquire and ask if they got my emails and if it's enough now. Other wise I'm buying the tickets and informing the landlady that we're moving.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
neetwo80 said:
I thought April 4 was a safe date as it's before the med exam expires and it's almost a year so we would get the visa by then. I was actually worried about not getting the visa by then. Now it turns out they think that date is too late. I will call them tomorrow and inquire and ask if they got my emails and if it's enough now. Other wise I'm buying the tickets and informing the landlady that we're moving.
Good luck. ;D

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
thakkarc said:
Hello All,
I am wondering what are the chances of sponsor rejection?
do they send any query if they have any objection for the same?
how you get the sponsor approval?
what is to look for ? email or mail?
thanks
I already replied to your question in your other thread. Please don't post the same question in multiple threads ;).