Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
CIC is sure inconsistent with communication. It seems like I can hardly go a few days without receiving some correspondence from CIC. Now I recieved an email telling me that my file has arrived in warsaw and being processed. This is after the AOR2 letter I got from missisauga telling me they had begun processing the applicant and my SA. I count my blessings that I am one of the lucky ones and hope it continues.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Sous02 said:
CIC is sure inconsistent with communication. It seems like I can hardly go a few days without receiving some correspondence from CIC. Now I recieved an email telling me that my file has arrived in warsaw and being processed. This is after the AOR2 letter I got from missisauga telling me they had begun processing the applicant and my SA. I count my blessings that I am one of the lucky ones and hope it continues.
;) ;) ;)

Fel2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2016
Interview........
22-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
Sous02 said:
:) definitely count your blessings. I am still waiting on communication from Mississauga and Kingston. It's painstaking, since we all know how consistently inconsistent eCas is with updates. But they are my only means of knowing anything at this point.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
(Help)
Oh Gawd! They don't think I intend to move with my husband it seems and asked for more proof. I really don't know what to do. I 100% intend to move and am in Italy only because my husband is here. I hate being apart from him. How can we buy airpane tickets if he doesn't have the visa and we don't know when he'll have it? THey seem to be worried just because of the date I wrote for when we intend to move. That date was based on the 12 months it might take for the ROme visa office, but now our application is at the Ottawa visa office. I wrote them a letter explaining this and saying that I do intend to move as soon as he gets his visa.
Here is part of the letter that CPC Ottawa sent my husband:

Your application states that your sponsor is a Canadian Citizen who is residing abroad (with you, in Italy). You must satisfy a visa officer that your sponsor will reside in Canada at the time that you become a Permanent Resident of Canada and you must become a Permanent of Canada within the validity period of your visa.

Based on the information you have submitted, I am not satisfied that it is your sponsor’s intention to return to live in Canada at the time that you become a Permanent Resident of Canada, as your sponsor has stated that she intends to return to Canada on 2017-04-04. This intended date of return would be beyond the expiry date of your Visa. Your Permanent Resident Visa is only valid until the date that will be indicated. You must arrive in Canada on or before this date. Your permanent resident visa has been given the maximum validity. It cannot be extended for any reason.

This is the only requirement that you do now meet in order to be issued a permanent resident visa at this time.

If your sponsor intends to continue residing outside Canada at the time that you become a Permanent Resident of Canada, you may wish to withdraw you application. You may re-apply at a time when you and your sponsor intend to reside in Canada. If your sponsor intends to reside outside Canada and you do not withdraw your application within the next 30 days, processing will continue on your application and you may be refused.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

The onus is on you to satisfy me that an immigrant visa can be issued to you. I would therefore request that you send any information or documents which you consider might respond to this concern within thirty (30) days. I must also advise you that failure to satisfy me of my concern could lead to the refusal of the application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

I hope to hear from you within thirty (30) days.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
neetwo80 said:
(Help)
Oh Gawd! They don't think I intend to move with my husband it seems and asked for more proof. I really don't know what to do. I 100% intend to move and am in Italy only because my husband is here. I hate being apart from him. How can we buy airpane tickets if he doesn't have the visa and we don't know when he'll have it? THey seem to be worried just because of the date I wrote for when we intend to move. That date was based on the 12 months it might take for the ROme visa office, but now our application is at the Ottawa visa office. I wrote them a letter explaining this and saying that I do intend to move as soon as he gets his visa.
Here is part of the letter that CPC Ottawa sent my husband:

Your application states that your sponsor is a Canadian Citizen who is residing abroad (with you, in Italy). You must satisfy a visa officer that your sponsor will reside in Canada at the time that you become a Permanent Resident of Canada and you must become a Permanent of Canada within the validity period of your visa.

Based on the information you have submitted, I am not satisfied that it is your sponsor’s intention to return to live in Canada at the time that you become a Permanent Resident of Canada, as your sponsor has stated that she intends to return to Canada on 2017-04-04. This intended date of return would be beyond the expiry date of your Visa. Your Permanent Resident Visa is only valid until the date that will be indicated. You must arrive in Canada on or before this date. Your permanent resident visa has been given the maximum validity. It cannot be extended for any reason.

This is the only requirement that you do now meet in order to be issued a permanent resident visa at this time.

If your sponsor intends to continue residing outside Canada at the time that you become a Permanent Resident of Canada, you may wish to withdraw you application. You may re-apply at a time when you and your sponsor intend to reside in Canada. If your sponsor intends to reside outside Canada and you do not withdraw your application within the next 30 days, processing will continue on your application and you may be refused.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

The onus is on you to satisfy me that an immigrant visa can be issued to you. I would therefore request that you send any information or documents which you consider might respond to this concern within thirty (30) days. I must also advise you that failure to satisfy me of my concern could lead to the refusal of the application. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to CPC-Ottawa at the address indicated below.

I hope to hear from you within thirty (30) days.
Do you know if they received the letter you sent? It seems to me that is all you can do. Send an email, a case specific and a letter to the Ottawa office. Others may have more suggestions.
Did you also include other proof like jobs, living arrangements, family letters?

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
Sous02 said:
Do you know if they received the letter you sent? It seems to me that is all you can do. Send an email, a case specific and a letter to the Ottawa office. Others may have more suggestions.
i second this opinion

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
johnybegood said:
i second this opinion
Lately I have noticed a growing interest by cic with sponsors who are living out of the country. They seem to be examining this very closely for some reason.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Hey everyone,

The letter was attached to an email my husband sent replying to them.

I just now emailed them directly with screen caps of conversations I had with my friends saying how excited I was to move and how we can hang out more and that I hope the process goes quickly so I an buy tickets and stuff. I asked that they email me back if this isn't enough to convince them. The only other thing I can do is actually buy air tickets but I don't know when to buy them for as I have no idea when the visa will be issues and will expire.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Sous02 said:
Did you also include other proof like jobs, living arrangements, family letters?
Yeah, I sent a letter from my family and out arrangement would be to live with them until we find out own place. I packed some things and sent it over as well.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Sous02 said:
Lately I have noticed a growing interest by cic with sponsors who are living out of the country. They seem to be examining this very closely for some reason.
this is quite common, and is not new. they don't want to approve spousal PR applications if the sponsor spouse has no immediate intention to move to canada, as there would technically be no need for the applicant to move without their spouse. there have even been people in the past who have been rejected because their "plan" was too far in the future for the visa officer's liking. the application needs to be written as if both people plan to come as soon as the applicaiton is approved.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
neetwo80 said:
Hey everyone,

The letter was attached to an email my husband sent replying to them.

I just now emailed them directly with screen caps of conversations I had with my friends saying how excited I was to move and how we can hang out more and that I hope the process goes quickly so I an buy tickets and stuff. I asked that they email me back if this isn't enough to convince them. The only other thing I can do is actually buy air tickets but I don't know when to buy them for as I have no idea when the visa will be issues and will expire.
If it was me I would courier everything I had for this issue including your letter of explanation. I would also case specific it and a separate email to Ottawa. Until I had acknowledgement.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
this is quite common, and is not new. they don't want to approve spousal PR applications if the sponsor spouse has no immediate intention to move to canada, as there would technically be no need for the applicant to move without their spouse. there have even been people in the past who have been rejected because their "plan" was too far in the future for the visa officer's liking. the application needs to be written as if both people plan to come as soon as the applicaiton is approved.
That's what I intend to do actually, I just wrote April 4 as an arbitrary date. A date was required on the application and processing time was listed and is still listed at 12 months for the Rome VO. in my email to them now and in the letter I wrote I said that I intend to move as soon as his visa is issued. I just thought that it would have taken 12 months but if he get's it tomorrow then we would move in 1 month as we have to give some notice to the landlord.

Do you think they will understand this and that it's enough to convince them?

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Sous02 said:
If it was me I would courier everything I had for this issue including your letter of explanation. I would also case specific it and a separate email to Ottawa. Until I had acknowledgement.
If they don't email me back in a couple of days then I will do just that. Thanks.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
neetwo80 said:
That's what I intend to do actually, I just wrote April 4 as an arbitrary date. A date was required on the application and processing time was listed and is still listed at 12 months for the Rome VO. in my email to them now and in the letter I wrote I said that I intend to move as soon as his visa is issued. I just thought that it would have taken 12 months but if he get's it tomorrow then we would move in 1 month as we have to give some notice to the landlord.

Do you think they will understand this and that it's enough to convince them?
You obviously have to write that letter but if you think of it from cic's view a person can write anything. I think the chats you had with friends and family are much more effective proof. They are date stamped and give credibility. Anything like that will really help.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
I don't understand how they can say that that visas take 1 year to process but writing the date of intention to move as one year in the future is too late. That date was based on what I saw from them. How can they reject us based on that?