17-05-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Passport Req..
30-06-3016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
CanGer said:
We recieved the COPR in the mail today. We are planning to run down to the Buffalo border, maybe Queenston-Lewiston bridge next weekend.
Just want to say thank you to everyone who has answered questions, given support, company and kept me sane during this process! I appreciate it more than you could know. I wish all of you good luck and a speedy remaining process!
Congratulation!! I'm happy to hear you also got copr as we have similar timeline. Good luck with your landing!!

LongDistanceLife

Apr 9, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa [UK applicant]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA : 15.07.2016
Med's Done....
upfront
WE JUST GOT OUR SA. After waiting for so long! (apparently there was something wrong with the address, they thought the sponsor was living outside of canada so we had to submit information via the online form).

AND

Our application is being transferred to the Ottawa visa office :D :D :D

Am I right in thinking that they process applications so much faster than London? :D

:D :D :D :D :D updating the spreadsheet now

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
LongDistanceLife said:
WE JUST GOT OUR SA. After waiting for so long! (apparently there was something wrong with the address, they thought the sponsor was living outside of canada so we had to submit information via the online form).

AND

Am I right in thinking that they process applications so much faster than London? :D

yes.. expect to be finalized in weeks.

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
did you see what happened in France??

ahh.. not good news for us. my wife is Tunisian origin... our application was just forwarded to Paris a month ago.

nothing i can do about it..

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yijiequ said:
yes.. expect to be finalized in weeks.
i really would recommend not giving such short time frames and expectations. does ottawa process quicker than london, yes. can it be guaranteed it will only take "weeks" to process? absolutely not.

yijiequ said:
did you see what happened in France??

ahh.. not good news for us. my wife is Tunisian origin... our application was just forwarded to Paris a month ago.

nothing i can do about it..
I don't understand what you mean by it's not good news for you? Were you personally affected by this tragedy in another way? my condolences if you were. Has some official word been released that the office has been closed and processing is at a standstill because of the incident? yes, for sure what has occurred is a tragedy and awful news, though i fail to see how this impacts immigration processing at the Canadian visa office in Paris. Am I missing something?

Brandon.D

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Marriage Cert 20-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-06-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A - DM: 08-07-2016
LongDistanceLife said:

AND

Congratulations! Someone from May just got DM out of Ottawa, so not much longer hopefully!

kyatto

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
Doc's Request.
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-06-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 08-18-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
LongDistanceLife said:

AND

Big congratulations! :D

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
i really would recommend not giving such short time frames and expectations. does ottawa process quicker than london, yes. can it be guaranteed it will only take "weeks" to process? absolutely not.

I don't understand what you mean by it's not good news for you? Were you personally affected by this tragedy in another way? my condolences if you were. Has some official word been released that the office has been closed and processing is at a standstill because of the incident? yes, for sure what has occurred is a tragedy and awful news, though i fail to see how this impacts immigration processing at the Canadian visa office in Paris. Am I missing something?

ok.. it's a weekend. being a redneck oriental.. i gonna explain in a way, which gonna drive lefties/white liberals crazy. why i predicted a slower process? background check gonna be even longer. my wife is a tunisian origin. the attacker was a tunisian-french citizen.

dont believe liberals all holding hands and singing kumbaya kinda of stuff. in the reality, all people in the immigration process have 3 different classes. the top of the food chain= UK, Americans, Common wealth all western nationals visa exempts, aka extremely short background check.

next tier is the one needs the visa like Asians, East Europeans.

then you have the bottom of the food chain, Africans, Middle Easterners, Muslim countries require biometrics, the list is on CIC website.

I know people gonna say.. how the heck you are so not PC. sorry. I am an Asian.. all I care about is the statistics and numbers. if you do a search and category people into those 3 groups. maybe you can see... i know people gonna think i am crazy.. sorry.. I am from a small town in the West.. people here tend not to be political correct and straight talk.. haha.

you know how most of Government Cheese reacts.. they tend not to have a proactive attitude like private businesses' any unexpected incident usually can be translated into slow process.

wanna hear something even funny? if my wife is not a Muslim or from Tunisia.. say she is an American; then she can visit me; while we are waiting...

she applied a visitor visa.. got reject.. the reason is "having a family tie in Canada." which is me.. I know it's funny and almost like a joke.
but that's just the way how a government sector functions.

the whole PR process just reinforces my belief about the big government and red tape and why private sectors created the real wealth of the society. not little government cheese in Gatineau/Ottawa.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yijiequ said:
ok.. it's a weekend. being a redneck oriental.. i gonna explain in a way, which gonna drive lefties/white liberals crazy. why i predicted a slow processing? background check gonna be even longer. my wife is a tunisian origin. the attacker was a tunisian-french citizen.
i am going to go on a limb here and say i highly doubt this one incident is going to trigger longer background checks or a domino effect on processing. perhaps that's just my liberal bleeding heart talking.

CIC is not going to change the way the do background checks because of this one terror attack, the process will remain the same. what can change and what often affects processing times is how quickly of a turnaround they will get on requests from specific countries. Remember, you are not applying to immigrate to France or the UK, you are applying to immigrate to Canada. The visa office is going to follow Canadian rules/regs, not the rules/regs of the country the office is in. Technically, the CIC offices abroad are considered Canadian soil.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
yijiequ said:
ok.. it's a weekend. being a redneck oriental.. i gonna explain in a way, which gonna drive lefties/white liberals crazy. why i predicted a slower process? background check gonna be even longer. my wife is a tunisian origin. the attacker was a tunisian-french citizen.

dont believe liberals all holding hands and singing kumbaya kinda of stuff. in the reality, all people in the immigration process have 3 different classes. the top of the food chain= UK, Americans, Common wealth all western nationals visa exempts, aka extremely short background check.

next tier is the one needs the visa like Asians, East Europeans.

then you have the bottom of the food chain, Africans, Middle Easterners, Muslim countries require biometrics, the list is on CIC website.

I know people gonna say.. how the heck you are so not PC. sorry. I am an Asian.. all I care about is the statistics and numbers. if you do a search and category people into those 3 groups. maybe you can see... i know people gonna think i am crazy.. sorry.. I am from a small town in the West.. people here tend not to be political correct and straight talk.. haha.

you know how most of Government Cheese reacts.. they tend not to have a proactive attitude like private businesses' any unexpected incident usually can be translated into slow process.

wanna hear something even funny? if my wife is not a Muslim or from Tunisia.. say she is an American; then she can visit me; while we are waiting...

she applied a visitor visa.. got reject.. the reason is "having a family tie in Canada." which is me.. I know it's funny and almost like a joke.
but that's just the way how a government sector functions.

the whole PR process just reinforces my belief about the big government and red tape and why private sectors created the real wealth of the society. not little government cheese in Gatineau/Ottawa.
Umm so where do persons from the Caribbean fall? :eek:

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
LongDistanceLife said:

AND

unlucky about the SA wait but lucky about the Ottawa decision. Take a look at the spreadsheet and see how everyone else from Ottawa is doing. I'm a Brit but got sent to London so luck of the draw I guess. Congrats!

Canadian_Irish_

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Me and my husband drove down to the Carway border to do his landing today... Went very well and very quick. US side took about 5 mins, and the Canadian side took about 30 (there was a family ahead of us).

Best of luck to everyone still waiting, I hope it goes quickly and smoothly!

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
snowl26 said:
Congratulation!! I'm happy to hear you also got copr as we have similar timeline. Good luck with your landing!!
Thank you!! Good luck to you to!! When do you plan to land?

CanGer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016 (sent 26-04-2016)
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 25-05-16
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
Decision made: 07-07-2016
LongDistanceLife said:

AND

YAY congratulations!! Things will be super speedy now!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Canadian_Irish_ said:
Me and my husband drove down to the Carway border to do his landing today... Went very well and very quick. US side took about 5 mins, and the Canadian side took about 30 (there was a family ahead of us).

Best of luck to everyone still waiting, I hope it goes quickly and smoothly!
Awesome ;D.

LongDistanceLife said:

AND

Congratulations! And yes, Ottawa processes applications much faster than LVO. I would estimate that it won't take your application longer than 3 more months, and it probably won't take that long.

Edit: I edited out my own news, because within the last day I have received three negative ratings and I suspect that's why. I'm sorry if my own news is so offensive. I'll shut up about it from now on.