+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Anevatia

Jun 23, 2015
Toronto (GTA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question to the group: my dad is a senior citizen (age 58) and therefore not required to prove language oroficiency or give test... his citizenship application is in process since 7 July. .. what's the next step expected on his app... would he get interview call or directly oath invitation? His file is very simple... no complications.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He will be invited for an interview just to see if he can communication in english (speak) they will ask him like where he lives and how to go to his house, etc easy questions, and they he will be asked to wait for 3-6 month for an oath letter

quote author=Anevatia link=topic=272701.msg4594064#msg4594064 date=1440628111]
Question to the group: my dad is a senior citizen (age 58) and therefore not required to prove language oroficiency or give test... his citizenship application is in process since 7 July. .. what's the next step expected on his app... would he get interview call or directly oath invitation? His file is very simple... no complications.

[/quote]

Anevatia

Jun 23, 2015
Toronto (GTA)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks m22ij.

my broad expectation on timelines (for toronto applicants) is as under:
1. Application to AOR: 1.5 mths
2. AOR to In-Process: 2 mths
3. In-Process to Test Invitation: 2 mths
4. Test Invitation to Test Date: 1 mth
5. Test Date to Oath date: 3 mths
6. Oath Date to Passport: 0.5 mths

Total time from date of application: approx. 10mths...

would most members agree?

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Anevatia said:
thanks m22ij.

I wish everything happens in the timeline you suggested :D but you never know

I am a Toronto applicant.
I sent my application April11
Aor received: May 12
In Process: July 6
and still waiting

It has been 4 months so far and hopefully everything is done in year or by January *fingers crossed*

fedex682

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Also a quick note.

In my Citizenship application I had paid $75 extra just to be on the safer side. I got my $75 refund today from the CIC.
That is kind of a sign that things are moving forward and the application is actually in process? Maybe? :)

I am a Toronto applicant my the way. My application has been 'In Process' since July 6.

m22ij

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't agree the reason being every application is treated differently and it depends on every and each person case.. in general it shouldn't take more one year but some cases do take more than that.. I hope with the new rules being implemented it should take less, but oh well..

Anevatia said:
thanks m22ij.

tb2708

May 6, 2015
Thank you to whoever updated the spreadsheet for me :). I was waiting until I got the actual letter in my hand - which I finally got today.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!

Today, CIC took off my permanent resident application details, and my citizenship application was advanced to Decision Made on Aug 15. So, I am guessing someone looked into my file today, hence the disappearance of PR application details.

There is a citizenship ceremony on Sep 16, 2015 in London ON - I am guessing that they finalized my application and put me in Sep 16 ceremony - any other guesses?

Thanks

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
hello everyone, my citizenship application is 'in process' right now. till yesterday the status showed my permanent residentship application(which was completed in 2012) along with my current citizenship application. but this morning I found my pr application part is gone. its only showing my citizenship application. does the change mean anything? is their any significance? thanks in advance for your quick reply.

ajay9099

Nov 28, 2011
We sent you correspondence on August 26, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Does this mean RQ?

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
ajay9099 said:
We sent you correspondence on August 26, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Does this mean RQ?
Could be fingerprint.

Visa office?

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
CANMAPLE said:
Hey guys!

Today, CIC took off my permanent resident application details, and my citizenship application was advanced to Decision Made on Aug 15. So, I am guessing someone looked into my file today, hence the disappearance of PR application details.

There is a citizenship ceremony on Sep 16, 2015 in London ON - I am guessing that they finalized my application and put me in Sep 16 ceremony - any other guesses?

Thanks
Some May applicants experienced the disappearance of pr information as well - probably they applied some updates in their system for all applications

paul911

Jun 1, 2011
AndreyU said:
Some May applicants experienced the disappearance of pr information as well - probably they applied some updates in their system for all applications
End of Feb applicant here, the PR status also disappeared today.