+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

april2015

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Mississauga ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Roma_1. The agent told me it's 24 months but I know this is just their general reply to everyone. As per CIC itself, all the applications submitted prior to April 2015 will be processed by March 2016 the latest, whereas the applications post March 31st 2015 will be processed in less than a year. However, the sad part is GTA is still showing slow progress whereas other cities are moving faster. A friend of mine from Vancouver who is also April applicant, got his test invite in mail today for test on September 9th. Just wondering when will the GTA gain some momentum?? ::)

ROMA_1 said:
Welcome back April2015. Thanks for update though it is not good news for all in process applicants, that their files most likely still in Sydney and not yet transfered. The whole process for Vancouver and montreal applicants could take around 5 months. Hopefully we hear good news soon or have test invite without LOT as many spplicants do.
Is the processing time for post April 2015applicsnts 24 months or 12 months according to recent CIC update.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
april2015 said:
Thanks Roma_1. The agent told me it's 24 months but I know this is just their general reply to everyone. As per CIC itself, all the applications submitted prior to April 2015 will be processed by March 2016 the latest, whereas the applications post March 31st 2015 will be processed in less than a year. However, the sad part is GTA is still showing slow progress whereas other cities are moving faster. A friend of mine from Vancouver who is also April applicant, got his test invite in mail today for test on September 9th. Just wondering when will the GTA gain some momentum?? ::)

Same for ottawa :(

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
april2015 said:
yeah this wait really sucks dude! :mad:
I guess slow pace for Montreal too as my app is not progressing all :(

Welcome back by the way April2015...

denndell

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2011
Babi22 said:
I guess slow pace for Montreal too as my app is not progressing all :(

Welcome back by the way April2015...
@babi22
thats not true babi22,its not getting slower in our Place..infact i had my test yesterday and interview.cic is working very hard to accomodate all of us..infact a lot of test attendee yesterday..i pass the exam and interview.sorry i cannot share what is test all about,its againts the law..(thanks god for guidance)

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
april2015 said:
Thanks Roma_1. The agent told me it's 24 months but I know this is just their general reply to everyone. As per CIC itself, all the applications submitted prior to April 2015 will be processed by March 2016 the latest, whereas the applications post March 31st 2015 will be processed in less than a year.

However, the sad part is GTA is still showing slow progress whereas other cities are moving faster. A friend of mine from Vancouver who is also April applicant, got his test invite in mail today for test on September 9th. Just wondering when will the GTA gain some momentum?? ::)
Bit difficult to understand the first statement...

second, no offence but I am still trying to understand from others prospective that why its sad or bad even if it takes a year or 15 months to get citizenship.... I was on my toes when I applied for PR as I could not move to Canada without that but not sure how 3-6 months up or down to get citizenship is sad or bad... for sure I am missing some point (prospective) of other applicants ... any suggestions?